Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I've been waiting to see if anyone had figured out if any of the offers at either Sobeys or Foodland in Ontario are worth a hunting trip. Guess since no one has reported anything there's not much 🤷‍♀️ hubby's managed to get a cold and it's settled into his chest so I'd be needing to go into the store myself and that's not much fun. No worries btw, not covid, just what happens when he catches a cold and why I've not let him out in public much!!
Hope your husband has a speedy recovery!

I've been waiting to see if anyone had figured out if any of the offers at either Sobeys or Foodland in Ontario are worth a hunting trip. Guess since no one has reported anything there's not much 🤷‍♀️ hubby's managed to get a cold and it's settled into his chest so I'd be needing to go into the store myself and that's not much fun. No worries btw, not covid, just what happens when he catches a cold and why I've not let him out in public much!!
Speedy recovery to your husband.

I shopped at Sobeys on Thursday. Picked up the Schneiders chicken (haven't tried it before so I hope its good), bacon and a few other things that we needed in the pantry. Nothing like the old Blue Fridays in terms of deals. I only picked up things that I would likely have purchased anyway in the next few weeks. It truly wasn't exciting, not great deals of days gone by.

Unless there is something specific you can use I wouldn't make the trip. I was going to paint some walls at DS new house so I was close to the store anyway.

I hope he feels better soon!

I went to Sobey's on Thursday to pick up a few items. I bought 5 bacons, 3 hot dogs, 3 VH sauces, 3 perogies, and 2 dishwasher tabs. 5 base and 260 bonus miles.

I want to drive to Foodland this weekend to get 3 pkgs of the sausage rounds for another 30 miles.

Hi all, just a drive by posting from me. I have been super busy and stressed, no time to post. I am on the Board of Directors fof a daycare as well as working full time, so not a lot of down time. I am happy to see I got 300 Mega Miles today. I have been so distracted I didn't even remember if I had shopped at 3 partners. I am soooooo close to making Onyx this year, I am really hoping to squeak by. I have big ideas for travel in a couple of years, the more miles the better...
Take care! Maybe next week I will have time to catch up on this thread. I lurk but don't post as much as I would like.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201027-130335_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201027-130335_Chrome.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 4

Hi all, just a drive by posting from me. I have been super busy and stressed, no time to post. I am on the Board of Directors fof a daycare as well as working full time, so not a lot of down time. I am happy to see I got 300 Mega Miles today. I have been so distracted I didn't even remember if I had shopped at 3 partners. I am soooooo close to making Onyx this year, I am really hoping to squeak by. I have big ideas for travel in a couple of years, the more miles the better...
Take care! Maybe next week I will have time to catch up on this thread. I lurk but don't post as much as I would like.

Way back at the start of the pandemic, air miles extended everyone’s current status an extra year. so you already have it until dec. 2021 (the date is in the left of your screen shot).

not to say don’t stretch for 6000 miles this year...but just to say don’t worry about it if you aren’t quite there

Way back at the start of the pandemic, air miles extended everyone’s current status an extra year. so you already have it until dec. 2021 (the date is in the left of your screen shot).

not to say don’t stretch for 6000 miles this year...but just to say don’t worry about it if you aren’t quite there
Sheesh, I really need to start being less distracted.🤪 I probably noticed it at some point but it didn't register. Oh well, I need the air miles anyway 😄

I saw some mention of Bonus Boom posting - did anyone already get their 95? My Shell gas fill up hasn’t posted...
The conversation was about Bonus Boom BMO offer posting. I haven't received others yet. It's still too early for Bonus Boom to post.

Got another of those "opt in" for Shell, visit and earn 1 AM for 3 weeks, get a 95AM bonus. No way I need that much gas, with summer over we drive even less now. I will try and go into store to get something to earn a mile though. Starts Monday. I will need gas one of those weeks, probably. I feel like I hardly drive any more...

Hmmm...that Shell offer is interesting. The reward is 95 Cash miles, regardless of your mile preference.

I didn't even see that... interesting. now I'm not sure. I mean it's $10 back so that would be two weeks of in store purchases, but I'd kind of prefer to have them go the way I have things set.

Hey gang
I am just sharing something my family has been going through.
My oldest brother (lives in Burlington)..... became very ill about a week and a half ago. He was bleeding internally from the stomach and had a great deal of stomach pain and diarrhea. He was hospitalized at Oakville Hospital and (no covid 19) and they ran some tests and started to treat him. He takes BP pills and his BP was extremely low.
He got the blood work results today,,,,and a call from the Public health dept.
He has a parasitic infection from eating blueberries (location imported from Peru).
Even though he washes all his fruits and vegetables they said that this wouldn't kill this parasite and the only way to do that is freeze the fruit.
He is now at home resting and getting better but he has lost a lot of weight and is still very weak.
It was a very frightening time for us to say the least and I am so happy he is going to be ok.
I know I should not give health /food advise but maybe forgoing those blueberries from Peru that are on sale at Sobeys right now would be a good idea.
Thanks for listening.

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter