Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Stopped at Sobeys, they finally had the broth in stock so I got 2, plus some tortillas. Only 95 AM this week, but since I got that one way flight I guess I'm ok for the moment lol. I will keep going though! more trips to plan ;)

I am waiting for the week days AM coupon to do Rexall, it's on the way home from swimming lessons next week, and right beside Subway, so a little "subs for dinner!" bribe should prevent too much complaining at having to stop at Rexall. I want to use a Load N Go so I can get that little 25 AM bonus.
Sobeys still has the soup offer? However, every time I go to my Sobeys, there are only two cans of soup left! Why not 3 or none?! No more broth too!!

My Mega Miles posted too!! But when I check the counter for how many miles I earned this year. It hasn't updated? Will that happen later? Do the Mega Miles not count towards Onyx?

Am Status is updated on Sundays.
From the FAQs regarding the Mega Miles promo the bonus miles will count towards ONYX and that is updated on Sundays, HOWEVER it was MONTHS after the Shop The Block promo that those miles were properly credited. Don't worry if you don't see them for quite a long time!

I've been picking up 3 cans of soup per shopping trip. Will continue to do so until it runs out or the promotion ends. It adds a nice little boost to an otherwise slim pickings shop.

I took my girlfriend out to Sobeys on Thursday before the ice cream promotion ended and she came home with ice cream and soup to last the summer. She couldn't believe she could get that many airmiles in one simple shop. We may have another convert on our hands.

OK so thanks to all those who advised the tickets won't expire! We will probably go back in 2019, or 2020, if I can get us free tickets and free flights through AM!

On average how many AM for flights from Ottawa-Orlando?

I was talking to Dh on the way home from the movies in the car tonight about this trip we have coming up in the end of August. It's easily our least expensive one yet. Thought it might be fun to give a breakdown in here since being able to get our Disney tickets for free with airmiles was such a huge help to the budget! Cast of characters are DH and I and our two kids (20 yr old dd and 13 yr old ds). My brother and his girlfriend are joining us but paying their own way.

Direct flights for four BUF to MCO on Jetlblue with free bags -$0 (credit from an incident in January)

5 Day Disney tickets for four people - $0 (My mom gave me one for my birthday using her airmiles. I used my airmiles for the other 3)

7 nights Silver Lake Resort in a 3 bedroom/3 bath unit- $345 USD with Skyauction (was $520 but my brother and girlfriend paid a third )

3 nights at Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal in a poolside suite $530 USD-Passholder rate

Universal Tickets for four people- $0 (we upgraded our 4 day tickets to AP's last year for $30 total. This is our third and final visit with them)

Airport Hotel and 11 days parking -$86 USD (Using the Peace Bridge duty free park and fly deal. Free breakfast in the morning and shuttle over to the airport)

Food and Spending -$1500 USD This will cover one meal out per day and some park snacks and groceries for the condo/suite. We are well past the souvenir stage because we go so often.

Rental car.. this one is tricky. I have it at $300 USD for the time being ($466 USD but my brother is paying a portion of the van rental). It can and should go down as we get closer.

So grand total for 11 nights hotel , 11 days airport parking, direct flights with luggage fees, food and 7 days of theme park tickets for four people..

$2761 USD. :flower:

I'm down to 50 airmiles now after redeeming for the last ticket. I will be joining back in the hunt though . I want to go back to Disney for December 2018 and I think 18 months should be enough time for another set of free tickets and maybe our car rental next time.

Last edited:
I was talking to Dh on the way home from the movies in the car tonight about this trip we have coming up in the end of August. It's easily our least expensive one yet. Thought it might be fun to give a breakdown in here since being able to get our Disney tickets for free with airmiles was such a huge help to the budget! Cast of characters are DH and I and our two kids (20 yr old dd and 13 yr old ds). My brother and his girlfriend are joining us but paying their own way.

Direct flights for four BUF to MCO on Jetlblue with free bags -$0 (credit from an incident in January)

5 Day Disney tickets for four people - $0 (My mom gave me one for my birthday using her airmiles. I used my airmiles for the other 3)

7 nights Silver Lake Resort in a 3 bedroom/3 bath unit- $345 USD with Skyauction (was $520 but my brother and girlfriend paid a third )

3 nights at Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal in a poolside suite $530 USD-Passholder rate

Universal Tickets for four people- $0 (we upgraded our 4 day tickets to AP's last year for $30 total. This is our third and final visit with them)

Airport Hotel and 11 days parking -$86 USD (Using the Peace Bridge duty free park and fly deal. Free breakfast in the morning and shuttle over to the airport)

Food and Spending -$1500 USD This will cover one meal out per day and some park snacks and groceries for the condo/suite. We are well past the souvenir stage because we go so often.

Rental car.. this one is tricky. I have it at $300 USD for the time being ($466 USD but my brother is paying a portion of the van rental). It can and should go down as we get closer.

So grand total for 11 nights hotel , 11 days airport parking, direct flights with luggage fees, food and 7 days of theme park tickets for four people..

I'm down to 50 airmiles now after redeeming for the last ticket. I will be joining back in the hunt though . I want to go back to Disney for December 2018 and I think 18 months should be enough time for another set of free tickets and maybe our car rental next time.
That is impressive planning/budgeting. What is skyauction and have you used them before?

VERY NICE!!!!!

I went ahead and ordered another 5 day ticket this morning. I mentioned it to DD and of course she said to do it. She's pushing me really hard to take a last minute trip (even just a long weekend) to WDW before school starts. Unfortunately, it's not at all possible. Airfare is too high now and I have work issues that need my full attention. Then toss in that we just came back from a very expensive 5 days in QC ( she was at a national competition) and now I'm spending a lot of money getting her set up to move to university in Sept. :faint:

So my 1250 posted also. I now have enough to do our van rental for DL in November. The rate was 3332 am for the week on a minivan. Thoughts if I should book now or wait? Anyone ever had to cancel before and get am returned or will I be out of luck?

VERY NICE!!!!!

I went ahead and ordered another 5 day ticket this morning. I mentioned it to DD and of course she said to do it. She's pushing me really hard to take a last minute trip (even just a long weekend) to WDW before school starts. Unfortunately, it's not at all possible. Airfare is too high now and I have work issues that need my full attention. Then toss in that we just came back from a very expensive 5 days in QC ( she was at a national competition) and now I'm spending a lot of money getting her set up to move to university in Sept. :faint:

Hi Hon
Now this is a traditional list
Most stressful Life Events:
  1. Death of a spouse: 100
  2. Divorce: 73
  3. Marital separation: 65
  4. Imprisonment: 63
  5. Death of a close family member: 63
  6. Personal injury or illness: 53
  7. Marriage: 50
  8. Dismissal from work: 47
  9. Marital reconciliation: 45
  10. Retirement: 45
I think
Getting a child ready for College/University should be at the top of this list. Hugs to you!
Mel

Last edited:
So if I go into my Airmiles account and view my Rexall offers and then hit GET OFFER does that mean it is loaded to my card? If so then if I go tomorrow to buy the 2 boxes of granola bars offer I loaded, I will get the bonus 25 Airmiles and the 4 Airmiles for that offer? Sorry new to this. I am loving reading all of your posts! Thank you!

Hi Hon
Now this is a traditional list
Most stressful Life Events:
  1. Death of a spouse: 100
  2. Divorce: 73
  3. Marital separation: 65
  4. Imprisonment: 63
  5. Death of a close family member: 63
  6. Personal injury or illness: 53
  7. Marriage: 50
  8. Dismissal from work: 47
  9. Marital reconciliation: 45
  10. Retirement: 45
I think
Getting a child ready for College/University should be at the top of this list. Hugs to you!
Mel
Totally agree! It's like buying stuff for a second home. DD is going in 3rd year this September and wants a fridge for her place in London Ontario. We are coming back the day before Labour Day meaning I have to get a fridge for her now in the midst of getting two sets of MNSSHP costumes ready, buying things for the trip including a cruise, applying for DD's passport and packing. Her Nexus card just got approved last Friday. On top of that I have to drive DM around for medical checkups and get work done for my Korean class. Get ready for school in September? I will try to get to that. :duck:

So if I go into my Airmiles account and view my Rexall offers and then hit GET OFFER does that mean it is loaded to my card? If so then if I go tomorrow to buy the 2 boxes of granola bars offer I loaded, I will get the bonus 25 Airmiles and the 4 Airmiles for that offer? Sorry new to this. I am loving reading all of your posts! Thank you!
That should get the offer loaded. Happy AM hunting tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!