Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Any Ottawa people know if Sobeys still has cheese strings left in the stores? I'm thinking about driving up tonight but don't want to make a wasted trip.

If I'm getting it right, you can not purchase gift cards at Rexall and have them count for Air Miles, is that correct? They have the Way Spa gift cards on for 20% off which is not a bad deal. Costco sells them for $74.99 but for the extra $5 if I could get a ton of airmiles it would be so worth it.
For most of my Rexall shopping I think I will wait till Tuesday and use the Seniors discount plus get the $10 gift card. I need some birthday cards (buy 3 get 15 AM) so that will be the start of my spend X get X airmiles that I expect they will have for next week.

Did anyone see the Sobeys, Sobeys Urban Fresh or Foodland flyers say "This Saturday and Sunday, get 150 air miles bonus miles when you spend $100 or more in-store"?

I didn't. But I just received an e-mail from the Air Miles Reward Program stating this.

Too bad it can't be cumlative between the stores. I may have to rethink my shopping now. We can always use meat in the freezer. Normally I get meats from Costco but I haven't been there in a while.

I received the email, it says "exclusively for you". Daughter didn't get it, haven't heard from husband. I need to rethink as well, not sure if I can get to $100.

If I'm getting it right, you can not purchase gift cards at Rexall and have them count for Air Miles, is that correct? They have the Way Spa gift cards on for 20% off which is not a bad deal. Costco sells them for $74.99 but for the extra $5 if I could get a ton of airmiles it would be so worth it.
For most of my Rexall shopping I think I will wait till Tuesday and use the Seniors discount plus get the $10 gift card. I need some birthday cards (buy 3 get 15 AM) so that will be the start of my spend X get X airmiles that I expect they will have for next week.

Unfortunately you are correct, no airmiles on giftcards at Rexall.

Any Ottawa people know if Sobeys still has cheese strings left in the stores? I'm thinking about driving up tonight but don't want to make a wasted trip.

I got a bunch yesterday at Sobeys in Barrhaven. I assume they are still there today...

I got an email about spending $100 and getting 150 AM, from Sobeys or Foodland, apparently it's a special offer just for me? and good only Saturday and Sunday. I assume others will get this as well. It seems to be automatic? I don't see anything to scan in store. I think that would be too many cookies ;) So I will have to beef up my list with other things lol.

It may only be certain Sobey's stores that offer this deal. I know the one in Ajax on Hwy 2 does but it does say only offered at specific stores.
Edited to add coupon

I keep forgetting about using that offer at my local store! Although the one time I did, they were pissy about it. I assumed that given the signage in the store that it was an offer they were promoting. When my stuff came out to $55, and I paid for it, I asked about the card. I was then informed that I needed to TELL them that I wanted the deal before they did the transaction. So much complaining about me asking for my GC. I did get it, but they didn't want to do it.

I got a bunch yesterday at Sobeys in Barrhaven. I assume they are still there today...

I got an email about spending $100 and getting 150 AM, from Sobeys or Foodland, apparently it's a special offer just for me? and good only Saturday and Sunday. I assume others will get this as well. It seems to be automatic? I don't see anything to scan in store. I think that would be too many cookies ;) So I will have to beef up my list with other things lol.

The spend $100, get 150AM is good Friday and Saturday (I got the email too).

I rarely shop either one, but I'm going to my parents for the weekend and the closest store to them is Foodland. I have to shop anyway, so it works out for me finally!

Last edited:

Yes, I double-checked and it looks like it's targeted to certain people. Nothing to scan. But keep in mind the fine print says the 150 bonus miles will not appear on the receipt and will be deposited 3 weeks after promotion ends. Keep your receipt!

Damn I feel awful. ** Pity whine ahead **

I kept my son out of school last Thursday & Friday only to discover on Sunday he had bronchitis. Two puffers, decongestant and nose spray for him.

Then on Friday my daughter came home sick from school. Lots of sudafed for her.

Both went back to school on Monday but both stayed home again Tuesday. My son smashed & scraped his knee/leg and ended up being put on antibotics for infection to the cuts/scrapes. He's a walking pharmacital right now with all the meds he's on. My daughter needed another day to recover and two more days of sudafed.

Tuesday night my throat started to hurt. Now they seem much better and I'm aching, sore, chilled & flushed, tired, congested, whiny and can't concentrate. I just spent the last 3 hours in bed. I need to force myself to stay wake until 10 pm now.

Missed swimming, dinner & cards Sunday night at our friends' house. (sigh) Probably won't be able to do it this weekend either. I may be better but my husband might get sick next. Please cross your fingers and wish us sickies better! :)

** Pity rant over **
Please take care and get well soon!

No but I think both Sobeys and Foodland have that as a bonus offer this week... i can't open the flyer links at the moment to confirm which one though.

I got the email too and it pains me to say I can't use it. I need maybe $30 worth of groceries to top up the freezer before I abandon DS and head off to Orlando. Next Friday better not be Ontario's Blue Friday because I will miss that too.

Happy hunting to those who are able to make use of the email bonus.

grrrrrr. I just got my latest AmEx statement--I should have the bonus for 4x online shopping for August's Soar into More, but I have no bonus miles on the statement! My 4 online purchases (2x amazon.ca, 2xchapters) are split over 2 bills because of when my billing cycle ends, but they're all listed on my statements. I also checked to see that the July SIM bonus (gas station shop) showed up no problem. I'm concerned that they're going to suggest that I didn't properly opt in, and I'm not sure there's any way to disprove that point. I think I have screen shots, but the page just says "congrats, you've opted in" with no identifying information anywhere. Argh, thanks for being a thorn in my side today, AmEx! :badpc:

How have others dealt with missing bonus miles from AmEx? Should I wait for another billing cycle before phoning? Phone and complain now? Has anyone had a good resolution when seeking missing SIM bonus miles?
I'll pull up the fine print on this offer when I get home to be sure but I'm fairly confident that the offer has zero to do with your billing cycle, they are all dated... the online shopping was for the month of August i think?? Your billing cycle will come into play with when you can chase down the lost miles. I'm still waiting for the miles to post from Airmile proper!

Mort
I was wondering is this for last weeks flyer or this upcoming flyer? I can find any mention in the flyers for it?
I was thinking of shopping today for basics and Friday for store airmiles specials.
Thanks
Hugs Mel
Its all the time for aurora. Posted as soon as you walk in the store and local paper. Mon to thurs. Might be just local

Damn I feel awful. ** Pity whine ahead **

I kept my son out of school last Thursday & Friday only to discover on Sunday he had bronchitis. Two puffers, decongestant and nose spray for him.

Then on Friday my daughter came home sick from school. Lots of sudafed for her.

Both went back to school on Monday but both stayed home again Tuesday. My son smashed & scraped his knee/leg and ended up being put on antibotics for infection to the cuts/scrapes. He's a walking pharmacital right now with all the meds he's on. My daughter needed another day to recover and two more days of sudafed.

Tuesday night my throat started to hurt. Now they seem much better and I'm aching, sore, chilled & flushed, tired, congested, whiny and can't concentrate. I just spent the last 3 hours in bed. I need to force myself to stay wake until 10 pm now.

Missed swimming, dinner & cards Sunday night at our friends' house. (sigh) Probably won't be able to do it this weekend either. I may be better but my husband might get sick next. Please cross your fingers and wish us sickies better! :)

** Pity rant over **
Hi Hon
Sending healing hugs your way.............
~~~~~~~~~~~HEALING HUGS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs Mel

Looks like in the fine print of the email only offer Spend $100 get 150 AM it says that it won't show on your receipt, but the miles will be added within 3 weeks.

Also says it cannot be combined with any other minimum spend offer.

Too bad as I was looking forward to spending $100, getting 150 from this, and 40 more from MyOffers! :(

Oh well, still much better deals than I thought for this week. I guess this will net me between 323 and 363 if everything I want to buy is in store.

Hi Hon
Sobeys Urban fresh has the Way Spa
Get 60 bonus airmiles when you buy a $50.00 gift card
link here
http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-urban-fresh-flyer-september-22-to-28/all

Hugs Mel

Received my 5 day Disneyland PH in the mail today...when I ordered the ticket it the terms and conditions said that the ticket was for arrivals before December 31, 2017 (that is okay, we are going for Christmas and leave DL on the 28th)....I checked the back of the ticket I received and it said the ticket expires 13 days after first use or January 13, 2019...looks like AMgot new stock of adult DL tickets.

I got the email too and it pains me to say I can't use it. I need maybe $30 worth of groceries to top up the freezer before I abandon DS and head off to Orlando. Next Friday better not be Ontario's Blue Friday because I will miss that too.

Happy hunting to those who are able to make use of the email bonus.
Have a magical trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter