Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sorry for this, but I can't seem to find the emails I got from Airmilesshops. Besides the 15x promo that is now live, what other offers are currently active? I remember the shop at 3 stores get X amount of airmiles, but is that still on, or is it over? I'm getting confused by all the current offers out there. Can anyone clarify?

It's still on as part of the Shop the Block.

https://www.shoptheblock.ca/en/home?cm_sp=AM.CA-OPSSpotlight-_-34798_ShopTheBlock2017-_-GetOffers

I went to Rexall today and successfully stacked the email coupon and the STB coupon. My load and go also credited. Spent $36 and earned 163 miles.
Mine stacked as well. I used the STB for 15, the email coupon for 50, my load and go for another 60 plus 15 AND I used the $5 off coupon. My total take was $36 and earned 147 AM. I'm happy!

I went to Rexall today and successfully stacked the email coupon and the STB coupon. My load and go also credited. Spent $36 and earned 163 miles.

Mine stacked as well. I used the STB for 15, the email coupon for 50, my load and go for another 60 plus 15 AND I used the $5 off coupon. My total take was $36 and earned 147 AM. I'm happy!

Awesome! Thanks! I almost deleted that e-mail coupon as I thought I would not be able to combine two coupons. I'll be going to Rexall's either tomorrow night or Wednesday.

Ahh! I should have read this before I went to Rexall this afternoon... I only used the STB. There's nothing else I need to buy there. :crazy2:

Just checked and I've got that 60AM load and go... That's a pretty good stack... I'm pretty sure I can find things I need at Rexall! LOL!

Last edited:

So I am planning to collect the travel certificates you get with Dream Miles (not the e-vouchers you get with Cash Miles) and was wondering if anyone can confirm that there is no limit? I read the FAQ and I skimmed through this thread. Basically I will be using them for a Cruise in 2019 and collecting on 3 cards (mine, Dh and dd) and would love if I could bring the price way down with these dream certificates.
I did see that I can't use them to pay for taxes or fees, and that I need to go into an agency to book.

I have been inquiring about these too (including 2 live chat sessions!). At the very bottom of the page are some terms and conditions, and in #4 it shows: There is no maximum number of Certificates that may be applied to a given transaction.
So I would say yes!

In the FAQ I also saw this, and have NO idea what changes that might make, so I have waited to redeem any certificates since we aren't travelling any time soon: In 2018, together with Transat Distribution Canada, we will be introducing a new PVC website, enabling you to use your Miles immediately for PVC bookings online, 24/7 with participating partners.
I assume it will essentially be the same, trading in 909 points for $100 credit in an "online agency" -type of set up, but since you're not travelling until 2019 it might be worth it to wait a bit if you haven't begun booking anything for the cruise yet. Possibly others with more experience can correct me if my advice to wait is bad.

The FAQs on the website for the travel agencies is MUCH clearer! Specifically about the # of certificates you can use
upload_2017-11-20_16-37-5.png

Check out the entire section of the website they have devoted to Airmiles, answered more questions than anyone at AM could!
Travel Voucher FAQs

I'm far too lazy & tired to quote everyone who's talking about the Airmilesshop promo --- here's my take on the whole process

I'm still going to wait till Friday for most of my shopping because a LOT of the stores will have their own promos going that will include things like Free Shipping, discounts off products (looking back at my notes Old Navy had a code for 50% certain items) and possibly multipliers as well. *might rethink that for Indigo but they will probably have bonus Plum Points which will equate to free stuff sooner as well, toss up with them. For me, the potential discounts on products are worth more than the AM. Just this past week I managed to snag a down parka from Marks that was priced at $249 for $106 because i found several coupons BUT the delivery system is screwy for certain areas of the country so I chose to get it in the store (honoured my online coupon code) because it was only 5 AM i was missing out on vs the extra $26 off the coat.

Also going to use my StB coupon for the Bay and cash in some miles for an e-card and if they have free shipping i have a couple of things sitting in a cart, if not, i'll use it in the actual store next week.

@bgula -- the current offer you're thinking of is a StB *coupon* fine print from that offer is as follows: Worth noting that it was THIS offer that screw up both my StB last year AND the Mega Miles this year so I'm making sure i do an extra one!

Offer valid from November 14 – December 14, 2017. Get 150 AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases of $20 CDN or more, excluding shipping, duty and taxes made at 3 or more different participating online stores. Collectors must sign in at airmilesshops.ca before purchasing in order to get the Offer. Offer is cumulative on purchases made at all participating online stores. Offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online stores who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases. See airmilesshops.ca for details. For travel online stores (including travel bookings, car rentals, and hotels), travel must be booked by December 14, 2017 and completed by February 28, 2018. Bonus Miles will be posted to your Collector Account within 75 days after the promotional period.

I just placed an order at Indigo since they are having a 1 day only sale on American Girl products (20% off). My daughter is buying herself a doll with her birthday money and I bought some overpriced accessories to complete her Christmas gift. Hopefully it was a good decision (20% off, 5X AM and 15X AM)...

I just placed an order at Indigo since they are having a 1 day only sale on American Girl products (20% off). My daughter is buying herself a doll with her birthday money and I bought some overpriced accessories to complete her Christmas gift. Hopefully it was a good decision (20% off, 5X AM and 15X AM)...
EXCELLENT deal, way to work the system!

So I am planning to collect the travel certificates you get with Dream Miles (not the e-vouchers you get with Cash Miles) and was wondering if anyone can confirm that there is no limit? I read the FAQ and I skimmed through this thread. Basically I will be using them for a Cruise in 2019 and collecting on 3 cards (mine, Dh and dd) and would love if I could bring the price way down with these dream certificates.
I did see that I can't use them to pay for taxes or fees, and that I need to go into an agency to book.
Hi Hon
I know Jacqueline is collecting them,, (dream travel certificates) and I just started about a month ago............
I now have 3 ($300.00) of them and am working on a fourth.
I hope to have 5 by Christmas.($500.00)
I also should have another 4 ($400.00) between my sons card and my card when Shop The Block airmiles posts.(120 day from end of promo).
See # 4 about max certificate allowance.
Mine have been ordered and delivered within 2-3 days by Fed Ex
I do not understand what this means??? any idea???
"Certificate must be used over and above the minimum deposit value???????
Have a great time collecting
Hugs Mel

Certificate will be shipped within 3 business days via courier and will require signature upon delivery.
2. Travel Certificate must be presented at a participating Travel Agency location with a Travel Professional at time of final payment for Package Vacations and Cruises with select suppliers.
3. Full value of the Certificate must be used in a single transaction. Unused balances will have no stored value; Certificates are one-time use only. Certificate may not be returned, cancelled, or exchanged for cash or Reward Miles after it is issued. Ownership and risk of loss of Certificate is transferred to the recipient of the Certificate upon completion and processing of the order.
4. Sales taxes that may be applicable to the items you purchase with the Certificate will be calculated on prices before the Certificate’s retail value is credited by the Travel Professional. There is no maximum number of Certificates that may be applied to a given transaction.
5. Certificates may not be used for the payment of taxes, service fees, non-commissionable items, gift cards and insurance. Not valid for online bookings. The Certificate must be used over and above the minimum deposit value. If a booking is cancelled, any Certificate used for the original travel purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable.
6. Only applicable to new bookings.
7. Certificate may be combined with AIR MILES Dream Vouchers, and Certificates issued prior to October 2015. Certificates may not be combined with AIR MILES eVouchers.
All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. Some restrictions may apply. Quantities may be limited. For complete details, see the current AIR MILES Terms and Conditions available at airmiles.ca.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Supplier trademarks are owned by the respective Supplier or authorized for their use in Canada.

Last edited:
Hi Hon
I know Jacqueline is collecting them,, (dream travel certificates) and I just started about a month ago............
I now have 3 ($300.00) of them and am working on a fourth.
I hope to have 5 by Christmas.($500.00)
I also should have another 4 ($400.00) between my sons card and my card when Shop The Block airmiles posts.(120 day from end of promo).
See # 4 about max certificate allowance.
Mine have been ordered and delivered within 2-3 days by Fed Ex
I do not understand what this means??? any idea???
"Certificate must be used over and above the minimum deposit value???????
Have a great time collecting
Hugs Mel

Certificate will be shipped within 3 business days via courier and will require signature upon delivery.
2. Travel Certificate must be presented at a participating Travel Agency location with a Travel Professional at time of final payment for Package Vacations and Cruises with select suppliers.
3. Full value of the Certificate must be used in a single transaction. Unused balances will have no stored value; Certificates are one-time use only. Certificate may not be returned, cancelled, or exchanged for cash or Reward Miles after it is issued. Ownership and risk of loss of Certificate is transferred to the recipient of the Certificate upon completion and processing of the order.
4. Sales taxes that may be applicable to the items you purchase with the Certificate will be calculated on prices before the Certificate’s retail value is credited by the Travel Professional. There is no maximum number of Certificates that may be applied to a given transaction.
5. Certificates may not be used for the payment of taxes, service fees, non-commissionable items, gift cards and insurance. Not valid for online bookings. The Certificate must be used over and above the minimum deposit value. If a booking is cancelled, any Certificate used for the original travel purchase is non-refundable and non-transferable.
6. Only applicable to new bookings.
7. Certificate may be combined with AIR MILES Dream Vouchers, and Certificates issued prior to October 2015. Certificates may not be combined with AIR MILES eVouchers.
All rewards are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. Some restrictions may apply. Quantities may be limited. For complete details, see the current AIR MILES Terms and Conditions available at airmiles.ca.
®™ Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. Supplier trademarks are owned by the respective Supplier or authorized for their use in Canada.
Sometimes the deposit can be only $100 depending on the package and promotions. So I take the above to mean that the certificate must be applied to a balance and not the deposit.

Sometimes the deposit can be only $100 depending on the package and promotions. So I take the above to mean that the certificate must be applied to a balance and not the deposit.
Hi Hon
I am going to try and not sound "dumb" here
So if I find a package deal to Mexico and the total cost minus taxes and fees is $1000.00
If I have $1000.00 upfront in certificates to apply then I would not be putting a deposit down right?
I would then pay cash for the taxes and fees?
Sorry I'm kind of lost with this kind of stuff.,,,It might be time for some "Donald Duck Math"
Thanks
Hugs Mel

Hi Hon
So if I find a package deal to Mexico and the total cost minus taxes and fees is $1000.00
If I have $1000.00 upfront in certificates to apply then I would not be putting a deposit down right?
Sorry I'm kind of lost with this kind of stuff.,,,It might be time for some "Donald Duck Math"
Thanks
Hugs Mel
Sounds good to me. When booking you don't always have the option to only pay a deposit. It depends on the tour operator, the package and how far in advance you are booking.

I hope that $1000 was just an example because you wouldn't want to be staying anyplace that only cost $1000 in Mexico....unless it's some huge sell off

Sounds good to me. When booking you don't always have the option to only pay a deposit. It depends on the tour operator, the package and how far in advance you are booking.

I hope that $1000 was just an example because you wouldn't want to be staying anyplace that only cost $1000 in Mexico....unless it's some huge sell off

Hi Hon
Thanks for the help,,,yes that was just an example,,,I actually want to do a Solo Christmas in Disney/Universal trip next year.
And I have no idea how much a package deal will be.
Hugs and thanks hon
Mel

Last edited:
Which brings me to my next question......do you think these would be usable on a last minute deal? There are some really good deals if you wait till last minute and we like to take advantage of those.

Amazing! I might try stacking my coupons later this week, but the staff at my Rexall won’t usually let me use more than one coupon at a time.

Hi Hon
Thanks
Hugs Mel
Oh you know i can't resist a challenge -- specially if you call me :P Hope I've figured out what you're looking for
upload_2017-11-20_20-9-24.jpeg
They are expecting you to pay a deposit on your trip when you book and that will vary depending on several things -- amount of time till you leave, company the package is with, if there's a promo going on, if there's a full moon :rolleyes1 and usually it's around $250.00/pp You will then pay the remaining balance by a stated date and it's stated clearly. I've included some screen shots as examples
This first one is for a Jan 6th departure and they won't take a deposit due to the time line so i could use $1800 worth of the travel vouchers when i booked (900 * 2) and pay the remaining $958 in cash (and earn AM on that portion)
upload_2017-11-20_19-54-55.png
This one is for a Jan 19th departure and they are allowing a deposit of $500 with final payment due Dec 6th at which point i could use $1700 worth of the travel vouchers and the remaining $498 in cash
upload_2017-11-20_20-0-44.png
I would imagine they would also allow you to pay for last minute trips as well with these vouchers. I'm still crossing my fingers that they launch the website to let me do it myself once hubby confirms we can actually GO somewhere. Currently up to $1600 off a trip of some kind :D

Oh you know i can't resist a challenge -- specially if you call me :P Hope I've figured out what you're looking for
View attachment 284466
They are expecting you to pay a deposit on your trip when you book and that will vary depending on several things -- amount of time till you leave, company the package is with, if there's a promo going on, if there's a full moon :rolleyes1 and usually it's around $250.00/pp You will then pay the remaining balance by a stated date and it's stated clearly. I've included some screen shots as examples
This first one is for a Jan 6th departure and they won't take a deposit due to the time line so i could use $1800 worth of the travel vouchers when i booked (900 * 2) and pay the remaining $958 in cash (and earn AM on that portion)
View attachment 284464
This one is for a Jan 19th departure and they are allowing a deposit of $500 with final payment due Dec 6th at which point i could use $1700 worth of the travel vouchers and the remaining $498 in cash
View attachment 284465
I would imagine they would also allow you to pay for last minute trips as well with these vouchers. I'm still crossing my fingers that they launch the website to let me do it myself once hubby confirms we can actually GO somewhere. Currently up to $1600 off a trip of some kind :D
You are an Angel
I was wanting to ask you but I know you need rest and didn't want to impose,,your explanation is perfect!
Thanks Hon
Hugs Mel
sticker-2-38.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter