Airmiles Armchair Chatter

A Snuggle blanket for Jacqueline.
Hugs to you Hon!
Hugs Mel
c783ccac1b2964e0f7c93b525b43792d.jpg

This might be account specific, I have this (started Jan 8 until Mar 7) and my husband doesn't ... or we are just missing it!

Hope you feel better soon Jacqueline :flower2:
This offer is not account specific. I was at Shell yesterday and took advantage of the offer. There was signage about it on the pump. It is in for a while and can be done multiple times.

This offer is not account specific. I was at Shell yesterday and took advantage of the offer. There was signage about it on the pump. It is in for a while and can be done multiple times.

Thanks, good to know. I went through his account on the app after seeing your post and the offer is there but he definitely doesn't have it listed when I go through their website, he has other shell offers but not the cashback one.

Just back from Rexall. The times they are a changing, I'm afraid. As Donald reported earlier things are definitely changing. I purchased a number of items to qualify for two targets L&G. Those posted without issue. I also used the email coupon. That did not post. Fortunately, for me, the cashier manually posted the 80AM from the email coupon.

She said the email coupon didn't work earlier in the day either so she was going to speak with her manager about it. My guess is it will be a no-go next week.

Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted!:sad:

Report back with your Rexall experiences this week (If you're still shopping there that is).

My question is, why do they keep sending the email coupon if it won't work with Load and Go? that makes no sense to me, regardless of what the coupon says. So we are supposed to just not load anything unless it's for more than the emailed coupon? What good are the LnG then? I mean mine are usually for an extra 10 or 20 AM, unless I get a spend threshold. It all seems like a lot of work to me. I haven't had the opportunity to try yet, I haven't needed anything and the bonuses don't seem worth it to me, yet. This is rather annoying though, I am not sure where to shop any more, I gave up on Shoppers because of the merger with the other points, now I can't get AM? I don't like Walmart unless I have to. What does that leave?

Just back from Rexall. The times they are a changing, I'm afraid. As Donald reported earlier things are definitely changing. I purchased a number of items to qualify for two targets L&G. Those posted without issue. I also used the email coupon. That did not post. Fortunately, for me, the cashier manually posted the 80AM from the email coupon.

She said the email coupon didn't work earlier in the day either so she was going to speak with her manager about it. My guess is it will be a no-go next week.

Oh well, it was a good run while it lasted!:sad:

Report back with your Rexall experiences this week (If you're still shopping there that is).

Were you using the Rexall survey coupon as well?

I didn't use the survey coupon for $5 off. Just the email S$50 G80AM and two L&G items. I agree with hdrolfe, how are we supposed to know if we are going to use the loaded items before going to the store. That and once you've loaded an item I don't think you can unload it if you decide to use the email instead.

I'm not 100% certain the failure of the email coupon to load was a store glitch or a system wide problem. That's why I hoped others who maybe doing a shop today or tomorrow could chime in with their experiences so that we could second guess the situation.

I didn't use the survey coupon for $5 off. Just the email S$50 G80AM and two L&G items. I agree with hdrolfe, how are we supposed to know if we are going to use the loaded items before going to the store. That and once you've loaded an item I don't think you can unload it if you decide to use the email instead.

I'm not 100% certain the failure of the email coupon to load was a store glitch or a system wide problem. That's why I hoped others who maybe doing a shop today or tomorrow could chime in with their experiences so that we could second guess the situation.

Split your order into two purchases one with your load and go, and one with the paper coupon.

Hmmm, sounds like they are trying to change the system but they need to get the bugs out. Let's hope it was just the system was down. Agree you can't unload LGO.
Is the emailed coupon code on your receipt at all? Maybe you'll get lucky and get the email coupon twice.

Wasn't going to shop this week but might just give it a try now.

Not AM related:

With Optimum points, if I have three different offers loaded and they all expire on the same date, will I get credit for all three? All three expire Jan 19.

Spend $30 get 10x points, Spend $50 get 8000 points, Spend $15 on select brands get 4000 points.

Hmmm, sounds like they are trying to change the system but they need to get the bugs out. Let's hope it was just the system was down. Agree you can't unload LGO.
Is the emailed coupon code on your receipt at all? Maybe you'll get lucky and get the email coupon twice.

Wasn't going to shop this week but might just give it a try now.

I hadn't looked at that. Yes the line for Sp$50 G80AM is there the 80 AM just didn't show up on the receipt. Will let you know tomorrow if I get an extra 80AM posted as a result.

Last edited:
Not AM related:

With Optimum points, if I have three different offers loaded and they all expire on the same date, will I get credit for all three? All three expire Jan 19.

Spend $30 get 10x points, Spend $50 get 8000 points, Spend $15 on select brands get 4000 points.

I would imagine if you were to split it up into three separate transactions that met the 3 individual thresholds it should.

New update to redeeming cash miles appeared today

Daily cap for in-store AIR MILES Cash redemptions increased to $750
AIR MILES underscores overall commitment to making it easier for Collectors to reward themselves

TORONTO, January 17, 2018 – Today, the AIR MILES Reward Program is announcing it is increasing the daily cap for in-store AIR MILES Cash redemptions to $750 (7,125 Cash Miles) per Collector Account, per day. The cap for in-store AIR MILES Cash redemptions at Shell remains at $60 (570 Cash Miles) per transaction, for up to 5 transactions a day. Gift cards and near-cash products will continue to be excluded.

To make Cash redemptions even more convenient for Collectors, AIR MILES is no longer requiring the presence of a physical AIR MILES Card in order to process AIR MILES Cash redemptions at participating Partner locations equipped for digital AIR MILES Cards processing.

In December, AIR MILES adjusted the daily cap for in-store AIR MILES Cash redemptions to $750 as a limited-time promotion for the holidays. AIR MILES has also made several enhancements within its fraud detection and digital capabilities, including:

• The requirement for PIN to review Account balances on airmiles.ca
  • Mandatory PIN at sign-in to the AIR MILES App and the ability to lock and unlock AIR MILES Cash balances directly from the App
  • Continued fraud monitoring processes and procedures
“AIR MILES is dedicated to making the reward experience as seamless as possible for all Collectors,” said Blair Cameron, President of the AIR MILES Reward Program, “The increased cap will enable them to use Cash Miles for bigger purchases at participating Partner locations, ultimately giving them greater flexibility and choice when making AIR MILES Cash redemptions in-store.”

I have a baby shower next weekend, so I was going to go there to buy everything plus my weekly milk run.

The highest dollar spend is $50, so I was going to hit that, and hope to include the other two lower amounts as well. I don't want to spend $50+$30+$15.

Question for you Mel -- is that a real blanket that you have access to or just an image you snagged from somewhere? I think i NEED that!!! My life is becoming a tad overwhelming at the moment and I think that blankie would help me do THIS ...
images

Not AM related:

Unfortunately not, the spend $xxx coupons do not combine, their system runs through your loaded offers and selects the one with the highest points. For example, lets say you spent $30 but it included $15 worth of the "select" brands, the system compares the 3000 points from the first one vs 4000 points from the second and awards the 4000.

The exception to this are product specific coupons, so say also have 20x points on milk, you would get those product points as well as a threshold spend points. FWIW, you can also combine a weekend gift card promo or senior's day promo with an optimum loaded promo.

Subject to change in two weeks lol!

Question for you Mel -- is that a real blanket that you have access to or just an image you snagged from somewhere? I think i NEED that!!! My life is becoming a tad overwhelming at the moment and I think that blankie would help me do THIS ...
images

Hi Hon
Love it!!!
Sorry sweetie but it is jut a picture I googled BUT I bet if you showed someone who makes blankets (crochets) the picture they would be able to make you one. Yep some days I just want to curl up with a warm blanket and color tooo. Hugs Hon
Hugs Mel

Not AM related:

You'll one of the first 2 (if you spend $50, you'll get the 8000, if you only spend $30, you'll get 10X). You don't get both of the threshold spends. They $15 on brands is different and it stacks with either of the other 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter