Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yes, that is my understanding, tax has to be paid in cash as well. Since I'm new to the whole travel certificates I'd go in and talk to them, just to be on the safe side. I've read other websites and on facebook that other people have paid for their Disney cruise with air miles travel certificates.

Those terms are for e-vouchers you get from CASH miles -- the vouchers you get for redeeming DREAM miles have these terms: --copied from the Marlin site
You can use your Dream Miles to get a Travel Certificate(s) in a $100 denomination that can be used at Marlin Travel towards your purchase of a new Package Vacation or Cruise excluding taxes and fees, and travel insurance. Travel Certificates do not expire, you can use them anytime. You can use as many Travel Certificates as you wish towards your travel purchase

View attachment 344361

To pay a cruise with travel certificates, I don't need to book a flight right? Thanks all for your help!

Just reporting back that the Sobeys ON flyer coupon "Spend $100 get 100AM" AND my MyOffers targeted spend offer worked together last night!

Almost don't want to post this and jinx it for the next 2 weeks when they will be having the spend coupons in flyer!!

When I booked our cruise this was before the travel certificates. Air Miles booked themselves those days.

But I had to pay "cash" for the deposit, port fees & taxes. My air miles went towards the rest of the cruise.

Anyone looking to book a cruise, if you want to use as many air miles certificates as possible and less "cash", and if you can, wait until the cruise line has a "sale" on their deposit. But then, you might want other stuff that's on "sale" instead such as including a drink package, or OBC.

OK finally decided I would try Miss Fresh after all - first week of September. The vegetarian box actually looked really good!

Thanks for the tip - whoever said you could go in a pre-emptively skip weeks. That way hopefully I don't forget :)

120 days from Sept 4 means I get those 500AM January 2. Not bad...

Anyone looking to make a purchase from Indigo.ca, I just received my order and there is a flyer inside advertising getting 15% off on regular priced home décor, fashion, toy, baby and paper with promo code SUNSHINE15. This is only for orders placed Friday to Sunday and it says 'now through September 30, 2018'.
Hopefully this might help someone.

Catching up on the convo yet again...

But I love hearing what people are saving their miles for! Sounds like some pretty great trips in the works.

I haven’t been collecting as actively the last few months, but I’m getting close to 20K miles. I don’t know what I’m saving for! Maybe a disney cruise? I feel like it would be most fun when the kiddo is comfortable using the kid-only spaces, so thats a ways off. For now, the miles just keep on adding up.

Any other saving goals anyone wants to share?

When I booked our cruise this was before the travel certificates. Air Miles booked themselves those days.

But I had to pay "cash" for the deposit, port fees & taxes. My air miles went towards the rest of the cruise.

Anyone looking to book a cruise, if you want to use as many air miles certificates as possible and less "cash", and if you can, wait until the cruise line has a "sale" on their deposit. But then, you might want other stuff that's on "sale" instead such as including a drink package, or OBC.

NCL regularly has their deposits set at $25 per person, so that would be a good time to use the certificates.

I wasn't going to do the spend $100 at Sobeys but we needed stuff. My order was just under but the lady at the cash said it prompted her to do the coupon. I was 15 cents short, I stopped at the customer service on my way out and offered to buy something else to make it up, she just gave me the 100 AM. I thought it was off when I was looking at the totals. I would have just bought another chocolate bar or something :)

Still waiting for 3 of my online shops to post... I suspect they never will. Very annoying. I hate having to wait so long to even ask about them. I will do microsoft for my last one. Perhaps I will do a couple others to see if they post.

I sure hope these tickets will be valid at the gates and scan properly. If the weather cooperates, we plan to go opening weekend, I'll post if the tickets work at the gates!

Just wanted to give an update, as we used the Onyx CNE tix today.

Both sides of the tickets scanned with no issues. They didn't even look at them, just scanned the QR code. We entered thru the Exhibition GO gates.
Hope everyone enjoys their day at the Ex like we did!!

Just wanted to give an update, as we used the Onyx CNE tix today.

Both sides of the tickets scanned with no issues. They didn't even look at them, just scanned the QR code. We entered thru the Exhibition GO gates.
Hope everyone enjoys their day at the Ex like we did!!

Awesome! Thanks for the post. I ended up giving these to my Dad last night when he said he and the new lady he is seeing (first lady since my mom passed away over a year ago) are intending to go there. I also gave him the email from Air Miles just in case there was an issue. Glad to hear there should not be!

Phew... the 4 AirMilesShops I have done so far have all posted. Just need one more. Waiting for toilet seats to go on sale at Lowes, as we have been in our new house for just over a month and not replaced them yet. But unfortunately about 3 weeks ago they were buy one get one free... LOL.

Just did the :magnify: at Sobeys to see if I could find any special deals that would add up to their advertised amount of airmiles listed.
I ended up doing the Cara Dining cards as we enjoy quite a few of the restaurants but nothing else :magnify: to me.
I think this has been one of the lowest periods for grocery shopping airmiles I seen since I've been doing airmiles. My first post here was Aug 28 2015.
I am hoping things start to pick up.
Hugs Mel

If anyone is concerned about the 2 conflicting dates surrounding the Back-to-School promos I've made a post that i *Hope* will clear up some of the mess AM has created by running TWO promos with very similar names with different START dates. You'll find it over in the online thread -- direct link to that post:

Confusing back to school promos explained by the Duck :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter