Airmiles Armchair Chatter

You know i keep all the fine print of every offer here's the deets about the weekend offer at the end of August-- I've blocked out the totals you'd get because they were slightly different for each level -- Gold had one & ONYX had another -- Neither of our accounts have the miles yet BTW

This AIR MILES offer is exclusive, non-transferable and only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by August 26, 2018. Offer is valid from August 24 to 26 2018. To qualify, eligible Collector must swipe his/her AIR MILES Card and get a minimum of 1 Mile at any participating AIR MILES Partner 3 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of __ Miles, or 5 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of __ Miles. Offers cannot be combined. Limit of 1 swipe per Partner location per day. Miles are earned in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners. Please see airmiles.ca for specific Partner offer details. Any Miles earned through AIR MILES Credit Cards are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 26, 2018, and subsequently posted to your Collector Account. Limit of one (1) offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

The end date of the promo will be considered August 26th and 90 days from that is November 24th so even though some people have them posted already the company line will be wait ...

Last edited:
I only got 30 and I shopped the 5, what is the best way to report missing miles.? ( I have never bothered to track miles before)
For something like this where you have only been credited for a portion of what you expected your best best is to try online chat. If you're missing miles for something run-of-the-mill and you're past the 60 days for base, 75 days for bonus from online or 120 days for other bonus you can fill out the form here:

Missing Miles Claim

I got 55AM and I'm pretty sure we only did 3 shops. I'll take it though. :)
Their promos like this are so weird.

What I'm really excited for is the AirMilesShops 5 transactions 1000AM to post!!

Hi Hon
The fundraiser will be held in Jan or Feb,,somehow I always end up putting out a fair amount from my own pocket and this time I am trying not to do that, Thanks for the explanation about the Alzheimer's Society.
I have a few other ideas I am researching.
Hugs Mel
Could you do a bake sale? I've run one a few times and just use cake mixes and ready made icing to make cupcakes.....you can buy them for $1 each, they yield 24/box so the return is very good. You only need a few people to participate to make it worth while. Low end we made $750 to high end $1300.

What I'm really excited for is the AirMilesShops 5 transactions 1000AM to post!!

Somehow I only partly read this, thought you got your 1000 already, checked my account and got mad, then reread what you wrote. I'm ok now :) That's what I get for reading on my phone while waiting for the doctor to see my son (and tell me his sore tummy is due to stress because I'm upset my dad's in the hospital with heart problems, now my tummy is upset from the guilt!). Any way! I didn't participate in the 55AM promotion. I am hoping for something good to come up, I've set my sites on Universal tickets, if I can find flight prices I'm happy to pay, save the AM for the tickets, or even one. And maybe a new set of pots and pans for Christmas? :)

If your reading this and your an Airmiles/Safeway promoter who is responsible for all the airmiles deals we get at Safeway/Sobeys, could you please give us some better deals in the next little while. Your AM rewards for shopping at these two stores have been very lean all year. Some of us here are avid collectors and have our eyes on some big ticket items that will make us spend money for valuable AM which in turns gives you more revenue. Just giving a hint...or sending a message to the universe to hopefully help some of us :rolleyes1:wave:

Somehow I only partly read this, thought you got your 1000 already, checked my account and got mad, then reread what you wrote. I'm ok now :) That's what I get for reading on my phone while waiting for the doctor to see my son (and tell me his sore tummy is due to stress because I'm upset my dad's in the hospital with heart problems, now my tummy is upset from the guilt!). Any way! I didn't participate in the 55AM promotion. I am hoping for something good to come up, I've set my sites on Universal tickets, if I can find flight prices I'm happy to pay, save the AM for the tickets, or even one. And maybe a new set of pots and pans for Christmas? :)

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for your dad. He's in the right part of the country for heart issues.

A little off-topic, but does anyone do the Shopper's Voice surveys? The offers sound great, but they make you accept the terms that you could get mail, emails, etc. from all kinds of different businesses. Just not sure if I want to put myself thru that hassle. Is it worth it?

A little off-topic, but does anyone do the Shopper's Voice surveys? The offers sound great, but they make you accept the terms that you could get mail, emails, etc. from all kinds of different businesses. Just not sure if I want to put myself thru that hassle. Is it worth it?
That's one I didn't complete, they wanted WAY to much information and it sounded like I was going to be hounded till the end of time. Not worth the problems it could create IMO.

Just thought I would post that I received my sample source package in the mail yesterday! DH was giggling as I kept pulling out random items from the box...rice, dish soap, granola bar, shampoo, cat treats, etc LOL He was like, "What the heck is this?" I felt like Mary Poppins and my magical bag!
Love getting a Sample Source package, mine should be here any day......maybe I'll go check the mail box now! Surprises are good!!

My 55 posted today

I only got 30 and I shopped the 5, what is the best way to report missing miles.? ( I have never bothered to track miles before)

You know i keep all the fine print of every offer here's the deets about the weekend offer at the end of August-- I've blocked out the totals you'd get because they were slightly different for each level -- Gold had one & ONYX had another -- Neither of our accounts have the miles yet BTW

This AIR MILES offer is exclusive, non-transferable and only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. To qualify for this offer, eligible Collector must click the "Opt in" button in the offer invitation email by August 26, 2018. Offer is valid from August 24 to 26 2018. To qualify, eligible Collector must swipe his/her AIR MILES Card and get a minimum of 1 Mile at any participating AIR MILES Partner 3 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of __ Miles, or 5 times during the offer period to earn the Bonus Offer of __ Miles. Offers cannot be combined. Limit of 1 swipe per Partner location per day. Miles are earned in connection with eligible purchases made at participating AIR MILES Partners. Please see airmiles.ca for specific Partner offer details. Any Miles earned through AIR MILES Credit Cards are not eligible Miles and do not qualify for this offer. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. EST on August 26, 2018, and subsequently posted to your Collector Account. Limit of one (1) offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

The end date of the promo will be considered August 26th and 90 days from that is November 24th so even though some people have them posted already the company line will be wait ...

I still haven't seen anything for this offer (I know it's still early days). I am wondering if the "Airmiles earned" had to be base miles and not bonus miles. Almost all of mine were bonus miles. Can someone who received theirs let us know what combination of miles they had used to qualify.

No Hershey Santa Hat Kisses in Canada
Oh well.
I tried,,,,,:santa:
images

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for contacting Hershey Canada Inc.

As you can imagine, we want to share our products with consumers all over the world. While we appreciate your interest in our products, unfortunately, our HERSHEY'S KISSES Milk Chocolate Candy (Santa Hat) are manufactured and distributed only in the United States and is not available in Canada at this time. However, we will keep your comments in mind during future planning for the product.

We appreciate your interest in our products.

Have a sweet day!

Nicole
Consumer Representative

Could you do a bake sale? I've run one a few times and just use cake mixes and ready made icing to make cupcakes.....you can buy them for $1 each, they yield 24/box so the return is very good. You only need a few people to participate to make it worth while. Low end we made $750 to high end $1300.

This would be a great option--I am thinking for Valentine's day maybe. Thanks for the idea.
Hugs Mel

I have something today in my account that says:

Air Miles Bonus 30+

I did the ONYX spend at 5 different locations, so I’m wondering if I only got credit for 3?
I got 30 and did 5 but then I noticed I got 25 bonus miles fromRexall that I have no idea what it would be for. For those that got the full 55 was it in one transaction.

The 25AM from Rexall was likely for signing up for the flu shot (if you did). Did your transactions Aug 24-26 post as "Reward Miles" or "Bonus"? The 5 transactions had to be separate and at different sponsors. You could only do the same sponsor 1x/day. So you could do Metro on the 24th, 25th and 26th and Rexall on the 25th and 26th or you could do more sponsors all on the same day

Last edited:
I've done Shoppers Voice in the past, but they are soooooo long and tedious to fill out. At least when you have a physical copy (when I first started) you could see the whole survey and decide whether or not you wanted to do it. Online, they don't have a progress bar. I don't do them anymore.
For most surveys I use my junk email....and then use unrollme to put all the junk emails together while I unsubscribe each. If I happen to miss the unsubscribe...it's marked as spam.

My husband received the "Gold Gets You More" e-mail in August. Instead of getting 45 bonus miles he received 20 bonus miles. We did a chat tonight (with Bradley) and the other 25 miles were posted.

My account (I had the "Excellent to be Onyx" e-mail) has not received the 55 miles yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter