Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I am turning the big " 50 " as well in 2021. I already INFORMED the hubby that I will be doing numerous trips that year. My birthday is in the bitter cold of winter...and I already have plans for a warm holiday to have a nice HOT birthday for a change instead of having to shiver and complain about how cold I am. I would also LOVE to do the food festival at Disney with the dd - now that depends on if she is preggers or a new momma by then ( which I know is what they want ) It will be a year of celebrating for me. I want it to be memorable year!!!!

Turning 40 was the reason for my first cruise & disney vacation... my birthday is in February and I was not doing another birthday in the cold! Now I'm hooked on Disney and cruises... Doubt we'll go again on my birthday until 50 though.

Back to the topic of air miles, I FINALLY got my 500 miles from BMO. Although, it was air miles who gave them to me as missing miles. I've had this one in my spreadsheet for eons!

I also got my 500 BMO miles, but I also had that chat with the person who said they had to "submit an investigation" which might take "a couple weeks". Thankfully it did not, it only took about a week, and they show up as: Missing Miles Offer Code from AM, not BMO.

Anytime i've ever had miles post that I needed to chase down they have posted from either Airmiles or Loyalty One with the notation of either Missing Miles or Courtesy/Compliments of Airmiles. I don't think I've ever had them posted with a comment as to where they SHOULD have come from unless it was one of the big promos in which case it does say the promo. I'm pretty sure on their end they will charge it back to the correct sponsor though!

Anytime i've ever had miles post that I needed to chase down they have posted from either Airmiles or Loyalty One with the notation of either Missing Miles or Courtesy/Compliments of Airmiles. I don't think I've ever had them posted with a comment as to where they SHOULD have come from unless it was one of the big promos in which case it does say the promo. I'm pretty sure on their end they will charge it back to the correct sponsor though!

TBH, I don't care how they are coded from their end, as long as they end up in my account :)

logged onto my airmiles this afternoon and got a screen message to start chat if I was missing airmiles from any airmilesshops.
I checked and both ones that I did for the StB have posted for me.
Looking forward to seeing the flyers tomorrow morning.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

I gotta say even though Sobeys has a spend $100 get 100AM I’m going to go to FreshCo. I just don’t feel like paying more for the exact same things I can get there. My goal this year is to save money not necessarily build up my AM. Unless it’s Blue Friday or there are other really good deals!

logged onto my airmiles this afternoon and got a screen message to start chat if I was missing airmiles from any airmilesshops.
I checked and both ones that I did for the StB have posted for me.
Looking forward to seeing the flyers tomorrow morning.
Hugs
Mel
I logged in right after I saw this. Where did you see the message? A pop up? I didn’t get anything and I am missing one Amazon transaction still that was from December :)

I didn't see it the first time I logged in either. But I stayed logged in; navigated to a different tab to look something up; and when I came back to the Air Miles tab - the notice popped up.

I'm sure you don't even need the message to pop up in order to chat with them about the missing miles though.

Wow it's a tough week out there flyerwise. I'll be lucky if I can scrape together 45AM. I haven't looked at my targeted offers yet so there may be a few more but it's a drought out there at the moment. Mind you after last weeks shop I do need to eat some food that's in the freezer.

I didn't see it the first time I logged in either. But I stayed logged in; navigated to a different tab to look something up; and when I came back to the Air Miles tab - the notice popped up.

I'm sure you don't even need the message to pop up in order to chat with them about the missing miles though.

I just did a chat (no pop up) and there are specific dates they are looking for right now (I didn't ask the exact dates, but they posted all the miles I was missing from Nov 23-26th (base and bonus, although not the airmilesshop 50AM bonus for a $100 spend for the StB promo - they said that would post within 120 days).

Did anyone do the MissFresh offer? I did it on my DH card on the very last day of the promo, and only received 250 AM instead of the 500 AM that the offer said. I'm trying to get a chat going for this, but I wonder if anyone else had this issue?

I just did a chat (no pop up) and there are specific dates they are looking for right now (I didn't ask the exact dates, but they posted all the miles I was missing from Nov 23-26th (base and bonus, although not the airmilesshop 50AM bonus for a $100 spend for the StB promo - they said that would post within 120 days).

Did anyone do the MissFresh offer? I did it on my DH card on the very last day of the promo, and only received 250 AM instead of the 500 AM that the offer said. I'm trying to get a chat going for this, but I wonder if anyone else had this issue?

I did MissFresh and got the 500 with no problems so I'd say you should chat about it.

I gotta say even though Sobeys has a spend $100 get 100AM I’m going to go to FreshCo. I just don’t feel like paying more for the exact same things I can get there. My goal this year is to save money not necessarily build up my AM. Unless it’s Blue Friday or there are other really good deals!

my feelings too! i’m still aiming for lots of miles this year, but for me, little amounts on big, expensive shops are just not worth it. i’ll wait patiently for the deals and get my regular grocery shops in elsewhere.

i did end up doing a rexall shop this week. 140 miles on 62$, not great but there was something pricey i needed and i figures i might as well get the miles.

still crossing my fingers that there’s a better rexall offer in the coming weeks. more than 2 air miles per dollar is decent, but i think we’re all used to at least 3:1 from those shops

No Safeway / Sobey's for me this week. Nothing to really get me to spend my $$$ there. Here's to some good optimum points this weekend at shoppers. Momma needs a couple of makeup items and a spend 50.00 get 20X the points would be awesome!!! Since I cashed those out for a nintendo switch at xmas...my points total looks pitiful :crazy2: This momma wants to build up a few points again and cash them out to use towards excursions in Mexico. It will help take the sting out of those totals :rolleyes1

I chatted with Air Miles today so my missing mile from Staples on Nov 25 and after she had to double check a few things I got my missing 60 bonus miles. I think she gave me bonus miles because I spent 168 before tax so got 4 miles and I figured I should get 45 bonus miles but she did the 15x my 4 miles. I can never figure out what I should get but she did say she gave me bonus miles so I will take them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter