Airmiles Armchair Chatter

How do these offers arrive? Via email? I am correct in thinking it is random selection.
The email is a targeted offer that is ONLY good for the card it comes to, not even any secondary cards that are attached to the same account. The threshold is different for everyone depending on your usual spending habits as well.

***ETA .. if you get this AMEX offer and aren't sure if you might meet the threshold i suggest you activate it anyway, the fine print says that only purchases made AFTER you activate the offer will count.

Last edited:
i think the flyers come out tonight (at least for safeway in the west). so you’re in the final stretch!!
Yep! I found the bottom of the freezer finally this weekend. There was a container of commercial muffin mix... oops so we made like 100 muffins yesterday. And also some crazy dishes involving fillo dough LOL
but we are out of milk and Mickey Waffles! the horror!

Just got off the phone with DFiL. He only got 300AM and said he did 7 offers. We went through his list. He has proof in his account for 5 (I don't know why they didn't give him 1000 at least). He couldn't remember what else he did. I went through the list of possibilities I had. We finally decided that he probably did Rexall spend $40 get 20AM (but he's not sure where the receipt is so he can't prove he used the coupon). The other one he now remembers doing is BMO. I asked if he opted in. He thought so but who knows.

I tried my best to get them to do an extra one or two just in case and they didn't want to be bothered. Now they are bothered that they didn't get the full bonus. It's so frustrating dealing with older loved ones. You try to steer them in the right direction but they insist they know what they are doing (and then they don't!)

You can only lead a horse to water, you can't make him drink.

Awww! That is super frustrating. I know what you mean. I have been telling my parents and siblings to do air miles promos and I keep stressing to everyone to keep all of their receipts and very carefully read the fine print on each offer, but I do worry that they will have a frustrating experience with missing miles and lost bonus miles.

That said, if you do keep receipts, air miles support has been great about fixing mistakes. I messaged in this morning to get my spouses missing Airmilesshops.ca miles and his missing 1000 of the 2000. As much of a pain it is to have to chase miles, it's nice when you can get a quick resolution at at least.

I guess I haven't been shopping at Sobeys much. I just got an exclusive offer, spend $75+ and get 50 bonus AM up to 4 times between now and March 21st. I might do that once, maybe twice. I have been shopping at freshco and food basics for pretty much everything. Sobeys say they miss me lol. I had to activate the offer, which I did. Now fingers crossed there are some good prices there!

I got a "we miss you" email from Sobeys too! Spend $100+ 4 times and get 75AM every time.

I gotta say... I'm so used to getting more with my grocery money now at FreshCo... I don't think I will be going to Sobeys again during this time period unless they do a GC offer or another Blue Friday!

I was taken aback when I stopped in just for milk one time and saw they had put 4 x self scan cashes! I do like that feature because you can then scan your AM card right away and make sure it adds the miles as you add your items :)

I got a "we miss you" email from Sobeys too! Spend $100+ 4 times and get 75AM every time.

I gotta say... I'm so used to getting more with my grocery money now at FreshCo... I don't think I will be going to Sobeys again during this time period unless they do a GC offer or another Blue Friday!

I was taken aback when I stopped in just for milk one time and saw they had put 4 x self scan cashes! I do like that feature because you can then scan your AM card right away and make sure it adds the miles as you add your items :)

I just got the same offer,,,business must be down at Sobeys.
It's better than *My Offers* which is spend $160.00 get 35 airmiles :crazy2:
Hugs
Mel

got a "we miss you" email from Sobeys too! Spend $100+ 4 times and get 75AM every time.

I just got the same offer,,,business must be down at Sobeys.
It's better than *My Offers* which is spend $160.00 get 35 airmiles :crazy2:
Hugs
Mel

LOL mine is spend $140 get 35
I wonder if the data supports that customers mostly only go to Sobeys when there's AM deals

I just got the same offer but the funny thing is that I do all my shopping at Sobey's. I usually spend at least $100 every week (closest store to me) so how can they be missing me?
My usual offer is spend $100 get 30 miles - last week I had the epic fail - I wasn't paying attention to my bill and I got to $95 before tax - I should have just thrown in a magazine to get to the $100. My brother said he was going to come on the disboards and report my failure :rolleyes1:sad:

Oooh! I'm so glad I checked this thread. My "We Miss You" offer was from Foodland.
Get 40 Bonus Miles when you spend $40 or more in a single transaction by March 21, 2019. Use offer up to 3 times.
This I can do easy peasy!

I got the we miss you offer spend $75 get 50 up to 4 times. The Sobeys flyers this week has a number of things I would make the trip for (not necessarily AM items but good deals anyway). I might have to make the trip this week.

For everyone who got the offer. Remember to take screenshots of the page that opens up when you opt in (just in case)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter