Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok gang .. any idea what this might be for?? I'm not expecting any extra miles from my 5 transactions, they all posted perfectly (a first for me!) ...I don't have anything on my spreadsheet waiting to post that's connected to online shopping (other than the 1,000 bonus eventually)
View attachment 350600

Not a clue.. If you figure it out, you'll have to let us know.

DH gave me the green light to order a new iPhone (the new Xs) whenever I want. Therefore, if you guys see the Apple Store with a nice multiplier, please post here so I can get extra AM from that BIG order!!

Now, do I buy the gold, silver or space grey... ?!?!?

Nice!! Personally I prefer the space grey, silver, gold in that order. I wish they'd come out with a beautiful shade of purple or pink.

did everyone get their Blue Friday points in Ontario? I did two shops each about $100 (2 diff stores) and I noticed that I only got my 5 base points from each posted. So I am short 1060 points. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before I enquire

All of mine and my husband's posted. So happy!

did everyone get their Blue Friday points in Ontario? I did two shops each about $100 (2 diff stores) and I noticed that I only got my 5 base points from each posted. So I am short 1060 points. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue before I enquire

Are the AM showing on your receipt? Mine were not when I left the cash at Sobeys. I promptly went to CS and they manually added those for me. All posted as usual on Wednesday. Maybe your store didn't send their AM report to head office in time. Give it another week before you worry.

Not airmiles related...but PC Optimum points...Shoppers in the west is having 20X the points when you spend 50.00 at Shoppers on Saturday. I have been holding off on buying a few things waiting for one of these saturdays to pop up again. I am needing to replenish some items in my makeup bag, and I've been putting it off. Looks like Shoppers will get my business this weekend.
I thought about doing the 40 minute drive to go to a Rexall...but the AM reward this week doesn't really warrant an excuse to drive there

Why is it every time I go on online chat with Airmiles they ask to confirm who they are speaking with? I'm usually using one of my alter egos when I do online chat so I just reply with their name. Anyone else experience this.

Why is it every time I go on online chat with Airmiles they ask to confirm who they are speaking with? I'm usually using one of my alter egos when I do online chat so I just reply with their name. Anyone else experience this.
Occasionally i even been asked for the AM # and birth-date associated with the account. I hate it when you call in to some Customer (dis)service and you need to punch in your number before you get any opportunity to talk to someone and then the very first thing they ask is for the # :headache:

Are the AM showing on your receipt? Mine were not when I left the cash at Sobeys. I promptly went to CS and they manually added those for me. All posted as usual on Wednesday. Maybe your store didn't send their AM report to head office in time. Give it another week before you worry.

Yes I have receipts with the AMs printed. I went to Terry Fox and Stittsville - think I remember someone else going to Terry Fox

Yup the highlighted part -- our Metro obviously submits them in a batch, just noticed that my miles from August 9th posted but the ones from the Soo on Sept 4th posted yesterday. Makes my desk a mess(ier) spot with those receipts sitting around until i can check them off as posted.

Going slightly off-topic but not really -- getting ready for the travel booking site to go online (hopefully tomorrow??) has me staring at travel sites, Air Canada, Westjet, Expedia ... Airmiles for flights (funny joke!). We're thinking of St Lucia because hubby read that there are Chocolate Plantations?!?!?! I'm lost in the confusion of resorts i know NADA about & wondering if there anyone has been and has suggestions. OR if not which resort chains would you recommend to the very confused Duck?

View attachment 350232

We stayed in St. Lucia in 2013 at Coconut Bay Resort. The resort was nice enough, but we chose it mainly for the kid-friendly aspects (kids' club, small waterpark with a few large slides and a lazy river). There is an adults-only section, but I don't know that it would be my first choice without kids. I think there are nicer resorts for adults, but probably at a higher price. We mostly ate at the buffet (easier with small kids), but there were several table service food options. IIRC you needed a reservation for the specialty restaurants, but they were included and not restricted. Might have only been open for dinner though. The resort is just off the end of the runway of the main airport; it's not exactly busy by major city standards, but around mid-afternoon each day there are a number of departures as the morning arrivals turn around to go back where they came from. It's kind of fun to lie on the beach and watch the big jets take off directly overhead, if you like that sort of thing. Lots of overseas flight crews at the buffet.

We spent one day exploring the island. It's very small and you can easily drive around most of it in a day. Roads are good, for the most part, but watch the hairpin turns at the tops of very steep and very high cliffs, without so much as a guardrail in sight. I'm neither a anxious driver nor afraid of heights, but those turns still made me a little nervous. Lucky they don't have winter. There are some very nice views along that stretch though (the costal road between Castries and Soufriere). I recall seeing banana plantations, but no chocolate that I noticed. Doesn't mean they're not there though! We spent a short while at Diamond Botanical Gardens, which is a nice spot (again, if you like that sort of thing). If I hadn't had kids along we would probably have done some snorkling and might have tried to climb the Pitons (requires a guide, but they're easy to come by), but that was a non-starter with little kids.

The weather was typically Caribbean. Usually sunny and highs in the high twenties, but there was generally a noticeable breeze off the water at the resort. It was actually a touch too cool for my liking, but I'm a heat-lover. This was in March, but I don't think the weather varies a great deal.

The only other all-inclusive I've tried was Dreams Punta Cana in early 2009. We went for a friend's wedding. Of the two, I would say that was the nicer resort. Nice beach (but it was so windy on most of our trip that you wouldn't really want to be on the beach, unless you like being sand-blasted), HUGE buffet with lots of choices, and again, several specialty restaurants. The food there was definitely a couple of notches above Coconut Bay, IMO. But again, the target demographic is mainly families. And if you're looking to spend much time off the resort, I would recommend St. Lucia over the Dominican Republic.

Good luck!

I recall seeing banana plantations, but no chocolate that I noticed.
The weather was typically Caribbean. Usually sunny and highs in the high twenties, but there was generally a noticeable breeze off the water at the resort. It was actually a touch too cool for my liking, but I'm a heat-lover. This was in March, but I don't think the weather varies a great deal.The only other all-inclusive I've tried was Dreams Punta Cana in early 2009. We went for a friend's wedding. Of the two, I would say that was the nicer resort. Nice beach (but it was so windy on most of our trip that you wouldn't really want to be on the beach, unless you like being sand-blasted), HUGE buffet with lots of choices, and again, several specialty restaurants. The food there was definitely a couple of notches above Coconut Bay, IMO. But again, the target demographic is mainly families. And if you're looking to spend much time off the resort, I would recommend St. Lucia over the Dominican Republic.
Good luck!

They have actually turned those banana plantations INTO the Chocolate due to the fall in sales to the EU -- they used to supply close to 60% but that dropped to around 10% when they lowered the duty on bananas from Latin America. THEN Hurricane Tomas basically destroyed the plantations in 2010. They had just about recovered by the end of 2013 when wind & rain again devastated most of the fruit over the Christmas holidays.

NO -- I'm not that smart -- it was in the WestJet August magazine, hubby read it on the way home from Vancouver and then printed the story out when he got home with the names of the resorts circled :P

Thanks for the info about the weather & resorts .. I'm still in the research stage and currently Sandals are in the front due to their excellent handling of dietary issues AND free wifi But dang, $$$$$

Ok gang .. any idea what this might be for?? I'm not expecting any extra miles from my 5 transactions, they all posted perfectly (a first for me!) ...I don't have anything on my spreadsheet waiting to post that's connected to online shopping (other than the 1,000 bonus eventually)
View attachment 350600

I got one too.
I've no idea
12 Sep 18
AMS_4C_75.jpg
AIRMILESSHOPS PURCHASE BONUS +10

Hugs Mel

I'm in Alberta, but I haven't gotten all my Blue Friday AM either. Most likely they'll post next week. This isn't the first time they've been slow to post the Blue Friday air miles for me. As long as you have your receipt, you're fine. I wouldn't worry about it until next Thursday.

gahhhhhhh at least my AM updated from Blue Friday and I got to update my signature, that's good news!

On the other hand... my kitchen flooded everywhere this morning ; we have a blocked pipe in the system that is going to be at least a week of ripping out walls and cost over $1000 that we don't have. Our downstairs tenant will LOVE that.
My kid decided she hates all fruit and all nut-free snacks that I can send to school with her, after I bought SO MUCH stuff at the Blue Friday sale.
DH has had a bout of high blood pressure, so now he has a monitoring cuff beeping at us all the time.
I have had insomnia for the better part of two weeks so I wake up every two hours and have to take a roasting hot shower to cook myself into falling back asleep.
It just started getting cold so all the outdoor plants had to come in, so we are "Tiptoeing through the tulips" all over the house... well they are strawberry plants and aloe and hot peppers, but still... we're banging our ankles against potted plants all the time. We need to put up the indoor light rack but I have to find all the parts.
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* but I am going to focus on my Disney goals and try to be mentally in the most magical place on earth LOL
Thursdays, man, Thursdays... it's my least favorite day of the week!

gahhhhhhh at least my AM updated from Blue Friday and I got to update my signature, that's good news!

On the other hand... my kitchen flooded everywhere this morning ; we have a blocked pipe in the system that is going to be at least a week of ripping out walls and cost over $1000 that we don't have. Our downstairs tenant will LOVE that.
My kid decided she hates all fruit and all nut-free snacks that I can send to school with her, after I bought SO MUCH stuff at the Blue Friday sale.
DH has had a bout of high blood pressure, so now he has a monitoring cuff beeping at us all the time.
I have had insomnia for the better part of two weeks so I wake up every two hours and have to take a roasting hot shower to cook myself into falling back asleep.
It just started getting cold so all the outdoor plants had to come in, so we are "Tiptoeing through the tulips" all over the house... well they are strawberry plants and aloe and hot peppers, but still... we're banging our ankles against potted plants all the time. We need to put up the indoor light rack but I have to find all the parts.
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* but I am going to focus on my Disney goals and try to be mentally in the most magical place on earth LOL

Holy crap you have a lot on your plate right now! I'm sorry life is dumping on your family. I'm just gonna put this out here ... remember who the hero is in Inside Out ... Sadness saves the day! (not trying to trivialize what's going on i get it!)
Side note: the meet & greet with Joy & Sadness had to be one of the highlights of our last trip -- and we have no kids! upload_2018-9-13_17-34-14.jpeg
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif
HOLY big picture .. sorry
17758633_10210248902833881_7972632490300130740_o.jpg

-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif

-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Sending some ~~~Hugs~~~ your way..
Nothing worse than going into work and thinking it's Friday--YEAH ...wait what??? it's Thursday--ah crap.
My least favourite day of the week too.

Hugs Mel

Got this email. Not sure if its targeted but just in case its not and you didn't see it...….

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Splash?splashId=24100088&ver=d39499&ymd=2018-01-01&changeLocale=en_CA

Not specific to all areas. Small print needs to be read.

*Offer valid September 13 to September 19, 2018. Valid at participating IGA, Les Marchés Tradition, Rachelle Béry, Jean Coutu, Shell, RONA, L'entrepôt RONA and Iris locations in Quebec; at participating IGA, Les Marchés Tradition and Jean Coutu locations in New Brunswick; and at participating Jean Coutu locations in Ontario. Qualifying redemption must be made in a single transaction.Limit of one 95 Bonus Miles offer per Collector number per partner. Use Miles in your Cash Account in-store in increments of 95 Cash Miles for $10 towards purchases made in a single transaction. Standard AIR MILES Cash limits and Terms and Conditions apply. All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. For complete details, visit airmiles.ca. AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, AIR MILES offers. ®TM Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Inc., Le Groupe Jean Coutu, Shell, RONA and Iris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts