Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Side note: the meet & greet with Joy & Sadness had to be one of the highlights of our last trip -- and we have no kids!
-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif

-PAXP-deijE.gif
-PAXP-deijE.gif

Agreed! Best one with DD!

I think we've got this one covered lol.

I'm in for Shell and Rona!

Edit: OK, now I'm out lol. Only Ontario option is Jean Coutu.

I'm not positive about that, because I heard about using 95/getting 95 at Rona on the radio this morning. I'm in Cambridge, was listening to a TO station. Seems odd they would be promoting it in ON for a store that we can't use it at.

I'm not positive about that, because I heard about using 95/getting 95 at Rona on the radio this morning. I'm in Cambridge, was listening to a TO station. Seems odd they would be promoting it in ON for a store that we can't use it at.

Oh good to know. Might just hunt this down tomorrow. I was trying to figure out why I'd even receive the email as I'm in GTA. Thought maybe I had signed up for IGA during spring STB but I know I didn't. Daughter goes to school in Quebec but I can't remember using my airmiles card while taking her to school or on the returns. I do however shop fairly regularly at Rona.

Hi all
Ok I have a super silly question..what's the benefit of using 95 AM to get 95 AM?

No silly questions.

You can buy $10 of "stuff", pay with 95 cash airmiles ($10 dollars worth of cash airmiles) and they will give them back. So $10 for free.

Added benefit, if you are trying to reach onyx level, the 95 am they give back counts toward your yearly total.

Ugghhh, I need to buy a new fridge. Pieces keep breaking inside, but it's about 10 years old with kids living here so it's has a good run. Hopefully there's a good AM promo for Lowes when we come back from vacation in mid October.

Last edited:
I'm assuming for the MC 500 bonus when you shop at 3 stores...I could get a gift card at one of them for my purchase, right? Like a tims or starbucks card at shell or staples?

I too am glad there are no big AM deals at Safeway this week. Spent too much last week on new skates, ski rentals, boots, jackets, etc for my kids that are growing like weeds! My son went up 3 boot sizes since last year, 2.5 skate sizes since April. Thank goodness his growth spurt was during summer when he could wear shorts!!
Ahhh i let this slip past ... yes, you can buy gift cards at Shell and they will count towards your 3 transactions of $20 on your MC. They are the only store that gives miles on gift cards all the time so it will work (thanks for the suggestion BTW!)

No silly questions.

You can buy $10 of "stuff", pay with 95 cash airmiles ($10 dollars worth of cash airmiles) and they will give them back. So $10 for free.

Added benefit, if you are trying to reach onyx level, the 95 am they give back counts toward your yearly total.

ohhh. Ok. That makes sense, thank you. I was confused and thinking well I should just keep the 95?

another silly question but Donald, do you have the link for the MC partners? I think I naturally shop at them but would hate to miss out by one

another silly question but Donald, do you have the link for the MC partners? I think I naturally shop at them but would hate to miss out by one

As someone else said, no silly questions, this is what makes this group amazing - we're all in this together and love helping each other out! Only problem right now is I'm on the bus into Toronto, I'll see what I can dig up but it might need to wait till I get home.

ETA found it! See if this works

Mastercard offer partners

Last edited:
Ugghhh, I need to buy a new fridge. Pieces keep breaking inside, but it's about 10 years old with kids living here so it's has a good run. Hopefully there's a good AM promo for Lowes when we come back from vacation in mid October.

I just bought a freezer there, I kept waiting it out for the best deal combo. I went back through all their flyers (they are on smartcanucks). In my case, pricematching (minus 10%) and free delivery was the best deal, we only received base miles. Delivery was great btw, bought on a Wednesday night and it was plugged in and running first thing Friday morning.

I just bought a freezer there, I kept waiting it out for the best deal combo. I went back through all their flyers (they are on smartcanucks). In my case, pricematching (minus 10%) and free delivery was the best deal, we only received base miles. Delivery was great btw, bought on a Wednesday night and it was plugged in and running first thing Friday morning.

Who did you price match with?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!