Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My guess is that AM will offer low tier tickets only and you will have to pay for the upgrade when you get there, if you need to. Second guess is that they will offer a low tier and a high tier option but only for one length....either the 5 or 7 day, but not both.

I sooooo miss the 3 day tickets....there were always perfect for us

My guess is that AM will offer low tier tickets only and you will have to pay for the upgrade when you get there, if you need to. Second guess is that they will offer a low tier and a high tier option but only for one length....either the 5 or 7 day, but not both.

I so miss the three day tickets,they were perfect for me too.
Lets hope they consider bringing them back.
Hugs Mel

I so miss the three day tickets,they were perfect for me too.
Lets hope they consider bringing them back.
Hugs Mel
3 or 4 days is always perfect for us and I never minded paying to add that 4th day if we wanted it. Now with the 5 day tickets twice we have done 4 days and left the 5th unused and twice used that 5th day just to get in for dinner. I'm not exactly ok with wasting that 5th day but I try to remind myself that I didn't pay OOP for the tickets.

Keep in mind your extra day is only costing you $15/day. Not a huge amount if "wasted". That's why I always pick up the 7 day tickets when we go for a week. Day 6 and 7 are a marginal amount more for the ability to pop in an do something if we choose to.

When we go back in May 2020, my parents and I have leftover days from a long time a go. I am going to buy DD10 a one-day ticket with hopper option. $175 US! Which is like $230 Canadian...thank god DH has no interest in going back to WDW, not even for one day! lol

Does anyone know if/when Air Miles will reduce the amount of miles needed for the tickets? I remember they had a sale on earlier this year. I am at 4700 Air Miles. I need a 7 day ticket (either kid or adult) no later than mid November so we can book our fast passes in late November.

On a side note it's our 1st trip. Going to have 6 park days with a just turned 5 year old. Would you get hoppers? I am thinking no, hubby says yes.

It seems the easiest part about booking this trip was booking adr's. I change my mind daily on which resort to book. Lol.

Thanks

On a side note it's our 1st trip. Going to have 6 park days with a just turned 5 year old. Would you get hoppers? I am thinking no, hubby says yes.

It seems the easiest part about booking this trip was booking adr's. I change my mind daily on which resort to book. Lol.

Thanks

I wouldn't, unless there is a sale that includes it, and here's my reason why. Going to any of the parks means being there for hours. Usually by the end of a day the child is dead tired and we are exhausted from trying to keep the child entertained while waiting for rides, buses, food, even just strolling from one area to another. Most kids will be very cranky even given an afternoon nap, at least that has been my experience with my children (grown now), my grandchildren and a few nieces and nephews that we have taken along. One park a day is plenty for them. Now, having said that, maybe one of the grown ups want to go to a park in the evening when one parent and child are resting at the hotel. Whole different scenario. Its all going to depend on how your family works but its not a cheap add on so think about it before you purchase. I know for my family it has not been worth the cost so I usually forgo it.

Just back from shopping at Metro. Read between the lines and you'll get what I'm trying to tell you.

I was shopping using DH card, DS card and mine. DH threshold spend didn't work. Thank goodness I had printed out the reminder list on Sept 13 (Thurs) and had it with me. I went to customer service and they quite happily added the missing 10AM for the Threshold spend. I got home logged onto my computer determined to figure out why the threshold spend didn't work. It said it had been used Sept 13 (Thurs). But I didn't shop on Thursday, DH didn't shop on Thursday. DS, who doesn't have his own card uses DH's and he shopped on Thursday. He doesn't tell me when he adds AM I usually figure them out after they have posted (which is why he has DH card, easier to keep track in that account). OOPs, I guess I didn't really deserve them but Oh well!:cutie:

Does anyone know if/when Air Miles will reduce the amount of miles needed for the tickets? I remember they had a sale on earlier this year. I am at 4700 Air Miles. I need a 7 day ticket (either kid or adult) no later than mid November so we can book our fast passes in late November.

Thanks

Hi Hon
I am not sure they will adjust the miles as there is a Canadian Resident ticket available right now,,,BUT it has happened before.

It is hard for first trip people to imagine all the walking ,standing and waiting that is involved at Disney.

For my first visit I got hoppers and we never used them.

Now I just plan which park for each day and either decide to eat counter service (CS) or make a (TS) advanced dining reservation for a restaurant in the Park we are visiting that day.

Often the resorts have nice restaurants too.
I use allears/and touring plans to review menu choices and special events.

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/dining/menus
http://allears.net/dining/menu

If it were me I'd use the extra money saved on Park Hoppers and book a Special Dessert Party or Tour.

Remember all the Christmas decorations should be up at the time of your Holiday visit and a ADR at one of the resorts might be nice.
Grand Floridian
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Have fun planning and have a very Magical Holiday:santa:
Hugs Mel

Just back from shopping at Metro. Read between the lines and you'll get what I'm trying to tell you.

I was shopping using DH card, DS card and mine. DH threshold spend didn't work. Thank goodness I had printed out the reminder list on Sept 13 (Thurs) and had it with me. I went to customer service and they quite happily added the missing 10AM for the Threshold spend. I got home logged onto my computer determined to figure out why the threshold spend didn't work. It said it had been used Sept 13 (Thurs). But I didn't shop on Thursday, DH didn't shop on Thursday. DS, who doesn't have his own card uses DH's and he shopped on Thursday. He doesn't tell me when he adds AM I usually figure them out after they have posted (which is why he has DH card, easier to keep track in that account). OOPs, I guess I didn't really deserve them but Oh well!:cutie:
:cutie::D

Thanks

Hoppers are great if you're going at a time with long park hours and you'll be touring from start to finish. This last trip we didn't have hoppers and we really didn't miss them. You'll be exhausted at the end of your day with your little one. Go back to the resort and get some rest so you can do it all over again the next day.

A little careful planning and you'll have a great trip. I would suggest Touring Plans if you need help as a first timer. Invest in it now and have the planning done before you get to your fastpass time. Then you can tweek your plans.

I got one too.
I've no idea
12 Sep 18
AMS_4C_75.jpg
AIRMILESSHOPS PURCHASE BONUS +10

Hugs Mel
I get these all the time:

Hey there stranger,

Couldn’t help but notice you checking us out. Why not go a bit further and check out that item you had your eye on too? You’ll get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles† on top of the Milesyou’ll get just for shopping through airmilesshops.ca.

It’s never been so easy to shop and get Miles at the same time.

Always browse for a day or two before you purchase! You'll get 10 miles about 80% of the time.

I get these all the time:

Hey there stranger,

Couldn’t help but notice you checking us out. Why not go a bit further and check out that item you had your eye on too? You’ll get 10 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles† on top of the Milesyou’ll get just for shopping through airmilesshops.ca.

It’s never been so easy to shop and get Miles at the same time.

Always browse for a day or two before you purchase! You'll get 10 miles about 80% of the time.

Yeah I was hanging around the Wayfair site (via the airmiles shop),,,,I'm trying to decide if I want an area carpet in my living room..... maybe after this heat wave moves along and we get into some chilly weather it will make me make a move.lol
Hugs Mel

Thanks
Being your first trip don’t get the hoppers. You will have more than enough to fill your days, one park at a time. I highly recommend a stroller for your 5yo. You will be surprised how fast those little legs wear out.

Thanks everyone.
No Hoppers. I was planning on getting a stroller, as nobody in our family walks miles and miles per day.
I figured 2 days at MK. Plus 1 at the other 3, and then we will figure out which park for the other day.

No water parks, not our thing plus probably too cool.

I just saw the fine print and it states the air miles tickets expire Dec 31, 2018. Our trip is late January, early February.

I hope they come out with 2019 tickets soon.

Yeah I was hanging around the Wayfair site (via the airmiles shop),,,,I'm trying to decide if I want an area carpet in my living room..... maybe after this heat wave moves along and we get into some chilly weather it will make me make a move.lol
Hugs Mel
I'm moving and need all new furniture which is SO expensive but also SO exciting! I have been browsing Wayfair and also took a trip to Ikea on Friday - I found this rug and I can't stop thinking about it! I love the ocean. https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00345846/

Last edited:
Very regila

I'm moving and need all new furniture which is SO expensive but also SO exciting! I have been browsing Wayfair and also took a trip to Ikea on Friday - I found this rug and I can't stop thinking about it! I love the ocean. https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/00345846/

Hi Hon
I just finished re-furnishing my living room and yep it is expensive BUT so much fun.
I love your carpet choice at IKEA,,very beautiful.
Hugs Mel

Hi Hon
I just finished re-furnishing my living room and yep it is expensive BUT so much fun.
I love your carpet choice at IKEA,,very beautiful.
Hugs Mel
Thanks!! Yeah, it's going to be a bit pricey but hopefully it will be long term stuff (for the first time ever!) :)

I received my missing Sobeys Blue Friday points from both stores...for some reason Terry Fox gave me an addition 100 AM (650 vs 550 which already included the 100 threshold spend). So Terry Fox Sobeys - site of much of my scorn - you are forgiven for a while :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts