Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Well...last night I placed an order on Etsy through the AM portal. Hopefully I did it correctly, and I will get my AM. Bought a few bits and bobbles for the daughter for her wedding. I still have to find bridal tulle to make her veil...and I think I found some through a vendor on there as well. So might be placing another order for that. Also have to do another order on Amazon to make some small decorations to bring along as well. My to do list is growing...not shrinking lol

I used my miss you offer at Sobeys today. Spend $40 get 40 Airmiles and it did not show up on my receipt. Anyone else shop yet?

I haven't shopped with it yet but I'm thinking it might not show up on the receipt as they say it may take up to 6 weeks to post after the promotion ends. Just keep for receipt. I find with these kind of offers at Sobeys they will show up in your account but it may take the full 6 weeks to do so.

Just back from my shop at Sobeys and I can confirm that the Bonus offer does not show up on your receipt.

Last edited:

I used my miss you offer at Sobeys today. Spend $40 get 40 Airmiles and it did not show up on my receipt. Anyone else shop yet?

The one before Christmas went until Dec 31 and posted all the shops on Jan 2, then there was a bonus for doing 4 and that posted later (didn't get the bonus so don't know when).

Has anyone heard when you will be able to use Dream AirMiles to book a cruise?

I have been looking at all inclusives but i don’t really want to stay in one place for a week.

Has anyone heard when you will be able to use Dream AirMiles to book a cruise?

I have been looking at all inclusives but i don’t really want to stay in one place for a week.
Nothing definite yet waaaay back in October 2017 they were promising us that we would be able to book online with Transat Travel in early 2018, which then became mid, then late and then they changed to Redtag with little warning. I hope this doesn't fall between the cracks because you're not the only one who wants to book a cruise with your miles!

I would love to save up future miles for a cruise! I really want to go on one when we have a child - feels safest when they are young - so I need a few years to a) have a child and b) save up enough miles for the cruise, flights, and hotel before hand! :)

I would love to save up future miles for a cruise! I really want to go on one when we have a child - feels safest when they are young - so I need a few years to a) have a child and b) save up enough miles for the cruise, flights, and hotel before hand! :)

a cruise with a toddler-ish aged kiddo sounds like tons of fun to me too :) here’s to tons of saving!

I'm going to have to save up for a cruise. It would be nice to be able to book using airmiles for sure! I thought I could book a last minute get away for March break (ha ha) but kiddo is like "I want to go on a cruise" and refuses to do an all inclusive, it's too far to fly, he won't like the food, he likes being on the ship with all the stuff to do, he wants to see more than one new place. My 9-year-old folks! First world problems? Yeah... so no March break for us since flights are too much. He thinks we could do a Bermuda cruise from New York in April. Or Boston. Short flights. What a kid.

Completely off topic, how do I create a countdown in my signature?

It's quite easy (I can do it). Simply click on someone's signature and it will send you to the website where you create it. ( Donald is using one website and I'm using a different one) Follow the instructions and you're done. The trickiest part is downloading what you have created back to this site. I always have to try it once or twice before I get the correct option (but that's just me)

I was just talking about cruises with my brother yesterday. He’s not an avid collector but does all the bigger promos and is saving airmiles and credit card points to take his wife on a European cruise for 10-12 days when his kids are a bit older. He wants to surprise her. He’s at 17,000 dream miles already !

agreed with everyone--so many travel plans! So many places I'd like to go, but not likely anywhere too exciting in my near future.

We talked about a european vacay, but with measles outbreaks, I don't think we'll be taking our kiddo anytime soon. A cruise would be tons of fun, but I want to wait until baby is around 3 I think? That gives me time to wait and see what we can book with air miles too. So right now, it looks like our next vacation is going to be some kind of summer road trip. There's a lot of Canada I haven't seen, and lots I'm excited to see again through young eyes. We'll take a short trip to Vancouver in the fall (my sister's wedding) too, but I don't think I'll use miles for either trip. They can just keep on building for now.

The latest, most exotic vacation I've seen: I was looking through a cruise brochure with my MIL and there was a 3ish week itinerary to Antarctica. WHAT?! :sail: It was WICKED expensive, but...can you imagine?!

edited to say the cruise is 3 weeks, not 30...

Last edited:
I decided to pre do some Easter chocolate shopping at Sobeys
45 Oreo cookie chocolate bars,sale price 1.19 each
x 45= 150 airmiles=$53.55
images

Plus I bought $15.00 worth of cookies *for my kids*.=50 airmiles
I checked the expiry date and they are good till Aug 2019.
I'll just tie a cute ribbon around them.

I got my three piece luggage set from airmiles today--whoooo very nice,,love them.
Very well wrapped and the middle size one has a weight indicator.
Delivered by UPS.
images

Just mentioning this ---just a gut feeling not something that airmiles has said or done but thought I'd mention it.
I am leery of certain promotions disappearing.....I ordered 4 of the 4 PKgs of movie theater tickets for my guys for Xmas this year and they loved them,,I like that they don't expire.
So last night I ordered another 4 pkgs for next Christmas,,,just incase..Maybe I'm just being weird or over cautious.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter