Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ok, this is very very strange... This morning I read an e-mail from Air Miles just before I headed out to Rexall with a friend. I told her about the e-mail. I wondered if it was sent out by mistake as I could not figure out why it would have come to me. I planned on coming back here to ask if anyone has heard of one thing in particular that caught my attention in the e-mail.

Now, the e-mail is GONE! Seriously - gone. I did not delete it. It is not in my inbox or deleted folder. I thought maybe I dreamt this but I just double-checked my firefox history and I did try googling for the answer this morning before we went to the store. Now I know companies can "modify" an e-mail sent to people but I never heard of deleting an e-mail before... So weird.

In any case, the e-mail was about Air Miles starting a new partnership with landlords. I skimmed through it but basically they are offering landlords to opportunity to earn Air Miles through their rental property at the rate of 1 air mile per dollar. It offered examples that said if they were receiving $2,000 in rental fees they would earn 2,000 miles. $6,000 a month would earn 6,000 air miles a month. I almost wish we still had a house we rented out a while back.

What caught my attention was the e-mail specifically said this would get them a Onyx status level 4. I never heard of levels being attached to Onyx before. Has anyone? This is what I tried googling for information on this morning.

Did anyone else get this e-mail?

EDITED TO ADD: I just googled "air miles landlords" and found this link! I definately was not dreaming. https://www.rentperks.com/index.php/promotions.html

I got it too. I just read through it again. The 4 after "Onyx status level" refers to footnote #4. Usually footnote notations are smaller or in brackets or something. Not so in this case. Mystery solved. My read of the offer is that it is for a property management company that you would sign up with and then earn airmiles on the rental values. They are going to want to take their fee as well. That's my interpretation.

I sent it to my trash immediately as it didn't apply to us and that's where I found it in order to answer your question.

I got it too. I just read through it again. The 4 after "Onyx status level" refers to footnote #4. Usually footnote notations are smaller or in brackets or something. Not so in this case. Mystery solved. My read of the offer is that it is for a property management company that you would sign up with and then earn airmiles on the rental values. They are going to want to take their fee as well. That's my interpretation.

I sent it to my trash immediately as it didn't apply to us and that's where I found it in order to answer your question.

Awesome, thank you. I never thought of it as a footnote. When I went to re-read it, it was gone.

OK, time for some Airmiles math :teacher:
(6975 miles/95)*10 = $734.21 for the personal shopper to get you your microwave

Now since we never buy anything strictly for miles EVERYTHING we redeem for is free, if I needed/wanted the microwave and couldn't afford to buy it, I wouldn't hesitate using the miles.

I do tend to use the miles for things that fall closer to the want column though, things i really wouldn't spend money on normally -- or a big, better version of what i might buy. If it was me and I had the money I would probably be studying websites/flyers/app to price compare and find the microwave somewhere i could earn miles, that's what i did for the new stove I needed.

Thank you for this! I needed it sort of laid out for me... and I’m the same, I don’t buy anything just for the miles. I’ll keep thinking about it. It makes an expensive microwave seem less extravagant somehow.

I guess i just had to put it out there in the universe and POOF i found another coupon for Rexall! This one came in my Monthly email from Airmiles proper .. pulled up the coupon and checked, DIFFERENT barcode gang! Here's the deets for everyone who's interested in turning a $50 transaction into 200 miles

Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000051466

Link is here Coupon from Rexall
Image if you prefer
View attachment 400750
Just the barcode View attachment 400751

Coupon # 2 is from Airmiles proper and can be found on the Offers & Promotion page barcode from this one is 417000051558
Link is here Coupon from Airmiles
Image if you prefer
60126735_1700423420101554_760655432724250624_n.jpg
Just the barcode View attachment 400749

Thank you!! $54.73 spend got me 202 Airmiles, and also used the $5 coupon.

My Rexall shop:

$51 - $5 survey coupon= $46 plus taxes, received 252am (100 printed coupon, 100 app coupon, 50 mailed coupon from Sobeys promo booklet (no idea why no one else seems to have these) + 2 base miles).

I have the coupon book! Mine’s from Safeway though. I thought it was something to do with Bonus Boom, but then realized it was different, as the coupons go into June. Only 50 bonus miles for completing 3 different partners, but with my Rexall shop today I may be able to do it. My shop looked very similar to yours, 260 airmiles for $57 :)

I have the coupon book! Mine’s from Safeway though. I thought it was something to do with Bonus Boom, but then realized it was different, as the coupons go into June. Only 50 bonus miles for completing 3 different partners, but with my Rexall shop today I may be able to do it. My shop looked very similar to yours, 260 airmiles for $57 :)

Where did you get the booklet? Was it mailed to you? I missed Rexall yesterday so hoping to get some shopping done this weekend.
Thank you!

Where did you get the booklet? Was it mailed to you? I missed Rexall yesterday so hoping to get some shopping done this weekend.
Thank you!

It is a Sobeys/Safeway promotional booklet that came in the mail. I haven't had one in years so maybe they are starting them up again. They seem to be targeted so I imagine other people will get them next time.

Planning our next Disney trip. Hoping to save up as many miles as possible so we can buy some of the 6 park tickets we will need.

Another question, has anyone ever been able to buy a Disney annual pass with miles? I know there was discussion about Universal annual passes.

So if you do it in person, can you still book AP hotel rates? Or is it a better deal to just buy the AP with $ online, so you can book hotel?

So, from what I have read, if you get your tickets in the mail, that ppl have been able to call through to disney, and upgrade the tickets on the phone, then in my mind you would be able to book the ap discount on rooms. I have only read this once in another thread, so i am not sure how much i trust it.

BUT if you forget what i just said, say you book a hotel with an ap discount, and wait until you are in disney to upgrade the tickets to an ap, I have read that some resorts will want to see the ap proof when you check in at the hotel, so unless you go to disney springs before you check in, and upgrade your ticket, they might not honor the ap pricing?

It is a Sobeys/Safeway promotional booklet that came in the mail. I haven't had one in years so maybe they are starting them up again. They seem to be targeted so I imagine other people will get them next time.

Yes mine came in the mail. I don’t remember ever receiving one before! Maybe they know I’m trying to get a zillion air miles for Disneyland tickets :P

L.C.B.O e-vouchers
u9l51hkdgowje0v0sln3.png

now available instantly online.

95 cash airmiles =$10.00
I actually don't drink very much alcohol but this makes a great option for gift giving.
Hugs
Mel
My husband buys craft beers at the LCBO. Only 3 or 4 on a Friday or Saturday evening , but it’s a line item in our budget. Wait until I tell him you can earn craft beer with airmiles. He will be a true airmiles convert at that point . :rotfl2:

Just back from Sobeys. I really like shopping at the store I shop at. The staff are really friendly and helpful and they know I play the Airmiles game and help me out with it whenever possible.

I bought a little more than I thought (got a couple of plants for the yard) so I'm well on my way to getting the 50AM from BMO.

Does anyone know if the following would stack at Thrifty Foods:

S$100, G100am - from Bonus Boom (May 16-19) OR S$100, G100am - from this week's Thrifty Foods flyer (May 16-19) - Same PLU#
S$100, G75am - from Spring towards more miles mailed booklet (May 6-June 16)

I don't think I have ever had 2 spend ones at the same time at Thrifty Foods.

So if you do it in person, can you still book AP hotel rates? Or is it a better deal to just buy the AP with $ online, so you can book hotel?

I've never tried it, but I gather from other Disboard threads that you CAN book an AP rate without currently holding an AP. You would have to call to make the reservation. I would also plan to do the upgrade before checking into your hotel, although I saw at least one post suggesting that you can tell them at check-in that you plan to upgrade and come back within 24 hours with proof. That seems like a YMMV thing though, and IMO it would usually be easier to just upgrade first.

ETA: upgrading over the phone (or online) prior to arrival is definitely no-go. Or as definite as anything involving Disney customer service policies ever gets, anyway.

Does anyone know if the following would stack at Thrifty Foods:

S$100, G100am - from Bonus Boom (May 16-19) OR S$100, G100am - from this week's Thrifty Foods flyer (May 16-19) - Same PLU#
S$100, G75am - from Spring towards more miles mailed booklet (May 6-June 16)

I don't think I have ever had 2 spend ones at the same time at Thrifty Foods.

Opps - never mind. I missed the spring booklet mention. I don't have them. If the numbers on the coupons are different, then maybe they will!

Anyone remember the AM's offer for dinner at the winery that was on offer to Onxy members a while ago? Its for Friday May 31st at 6 P.M.
My friend went ahead and ordered one and now finds she can't use it. There's no one here that wants to travel to Niagara on the Lake so its up for grabs if anyone here has any interest.

Ticket says--
Exclusive Trius Black Glass Guided Wine Tasting
3 Course dinner prepared by Chef Frank Dodd each paired with wine served in a black opaque glass to challenge your wine taste buds
Taxes and Gratuities included

The ticket also says "Package for One Includes:" before the rest of what I quoted above. I did think the offer was for two so not sure if it actually is for one or if it is for two and that's just how they worded it.

So, if anyone is interested let me know and I could mail it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!