Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Just curious how often you need to visit to get a head with an annual pass?

we got the lowest level of annual pass a few years back. we priced things out and with the discounts on everything else, it was worth it for a 3 night trip.

depending on the time of year, a restricted annual pass can save more than the added cost really quickly! oh, only one adult needs it to gain the benefits too.

To all the moms out there, all of you who are like a mom to some and everyone who mothers others, I hope you are able to enjoy the day. To those of us who struggle with this day because it reminds us of the pain the words invoke, I hope there is some space in the day for some self care
Screenshot_20190512-134217_Google.jpg

It's been a glorious Mothers Day so far I have yet to see one of my children (not sad about that happy actually). They are all coming for dinner and I am enjoying the peace and quiet doing just what I want to do (Going to the bathroom without having someone barge in on me:P. It's the little things in life that make such a difference).

Happy Mothers Day everyone.:daisy:

Not sure if this has been posted, just saw on the FB Air Miles group that there is going to be an Air Miles Bonus Boom May 16-19. Person posted a picture of the coupon sheet (her husband works at Lowes in Ontario). Coupons look to be from Sobeys, Foodland, Urban Fresh, Shell, Rona, Lowes, Children's Place, Global Pet Foods, Rexall, LCBO. Details can be found at www.airmiles.ca/bonusboom but when I accessed it, it says coming soon. Surprised that there is another coupon bonus so soon after Mega Miles...

Got my promotions mixed up. Bonus Boom wasn't a lot of AM was it. Mix and Match was mid March and was only 300AM. They still haven't posted. Bonus Boom was in February and was only worth a few AM. Just a way to make a big deal about usual weekly offers if memory serves me correctly.

Great Mother’s Day for me. I used Dream Air Miles to book a 1 week air/hotel package to Lisbon for November.

I started following this thread about 3 or 4 years ago and I am amazed at how successful I have been. I have booked 3 set of flights to Florida for 3 people, have Disney and Universal tickets for this summer and now this trip to look forward too, and still 12000 miles left.

So I original was going to book all inclusive to Punta Cana or Cuba but I was worried I would get bored at the same place for 1 week, I don’t drink and like the beach for short periods of times. I looked at some of the Florida packages that have car rentals, but then I looked at Europe and they were cheaper so no brainer. Been to Lisbon as a port stop on a cruise and it is beautiful, so it should be fun.

Got my promotions mixed up. Bonus Boom wasn't a lot of AM was it. Mix and Match was mid March and was only 300AM. They still haven't posted. Bonus Boom was in February and was only worth a few AM. Just a way to make a big deal about usual weekly offers if memory serves me correctly.
Yup, I think we agreed as a group that it should have been called Bonus BUST. It was a big fat nothing, bunch of little offers at various partner stores that were all in the flyers anyway.

Bonus Boom details and offers are up. There’s nothing too exciting for me, but I should be able to do the BMO and the Sobey’s offers for a few hundred extra miles without spending more than I would have been spending anyway. It’s definitely better than last time.

Thanks for the heads up pigletto. I had a look at the offers. I might be able to do the BMO, Sobeys or Foodland offers but that's it for me. Possibly 150AM? or I could purchase 2 Hudson Bay GC today and get 150AM. Less cash outflow and way easier. Decisions, decisions.

Ok so I'm not sure I'll actually do ANY of the offers, making this another Bonus Bust for me :P I might try to do the AMEX offer, but not 100% comfortable using my phone to pay with my AMEX .. it does say something about using it online as well, but dang, The Duck is a tad confuzzled with that as well :confused: If i can figure that out, easy 50 miles since you only need to do 3 $10 transactions

Maybe we need to book a hotel somewhere ... only if that's gonna happen anyway . Book thru Airmilesshops get 100 miles, book thru the travel hub get 75 miles.

NOTE .. don't fall into the trap of over extending yourself to complete these offers since there is NO BIG BONUS. It only runs May 16th - 19th and you only get the miles that show for each separate offer you complete. Also don't use the freebie offers if you haven't before because they will pop up in the next big promos.

Thanks for the heads up pigletto. I had a look at the offers. I might be able to do the BMO, Sobeys or Foodland offers but that's it for me. Possibly 150AM? or I could purchase 2 Hudson Bay GC today and get 150AM. Less cash outflow and way easier. Decisions, decisions.
Since the BMO offer is only based on the $$ you spend you can buy giftcards at any of the stores. You could wait till tomorrow night (Wednesday morning if you're not a nighthawk!) to see if any of the Sobey's chains have gift cards with bonus miles letting you get both the 50 plus whatever they have attached? Me though? Yeah, I'd do the HBC cards!

I will probably do the BMO since I was planning to get another $500 Disney giftcard and I can do that at Rexall or Sobeys easily enough. Otherwise, I don't think I'll be participating.

I just bought a new car !! Went to look at lunch and now I'm picking it up tomorrow after work. So there's that. It's actually lower payments and my insurance went down as well. I'm tempted to do a road trip now lol.

Just had this offer pop up in my email. Might be worth getting a few more cash miles in my account to get a voucher to add to my cineplex account. Currently sitting at 81.31 in giftcards all collected thru various surveys and over 6000 scene points (The Duck loves her some movies!)
Screenshot_20190513-161527_Chrome.jpg

Bonus Boom
I am trying to watch the budget this month,,I do need 4 new Tires so I will probably pick up the 250 airmiles with Goodyear.
Although this is not really special (Bonus Boom) as they frequently offer 250 bonus airmiles at Goodyear for tires. I do have a call into Toyota to get a price also.
So that's about it for me.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Just had this offer pop up in my email. Might be worth getting a few more cash miles in my account to get a voucher to add to my cineplex account. Currently sitting at 81.31 in giftcards all collected thru various surveys and over 6000 scene points (The Duck loves her some movies!)
View attachment 400519
ooooh I need this offer:yay: come on airmiles send it to me please!

EDIT: I just got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in an email.
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!