Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was at Metro this morning picking up A&W GC. There was a line forming behind me and the cashier wasn't certain if combining them in one transaction would give me the correct AM so I decided to do them individually and use "Tap" instead of the "chip and pin". It worked and correct AM on each receipt. I then picked up a few items I needed in the store. Came right home and was putting my groceries away when the phone rang. DH answered the phone first. It was BMO fraud division wanting to ask a few questions about recent purchases. Was I at Metro about 20 minutes ago... I have never tapped my card before but the boys tell me it is safe so I thought it would be quicker to do the GC this way. BMO picked up on the change and was calling to make sure the transactions were me and not that my card had been stolen.

Must say I was impressed. But now I'm concerned about what might have happened if I hadn't been home to pick up the phone. Oh well I'll focus on the positive and use my chip and pin when purchasing GC from now on. (I've never had an issue when I do them that way)
Same thing happened to me at Sobeys when I bought the 5 $60 Disney Gift Cards to get the 100 AM's on each one. Did all the purchases separate so I would get the 5 purchases in. Worked find for the first 4 but the 5th wouldn't take and I had to call through to BMO MC and talk with the fraud department. I know exactly what was going on and what would happen when I called, I'm retired BMO. I can tell you even if you had used the pin pad they still could and would flag your account just because of the number of times it was used and for smaller amounts in such a small amount of time at the same store. You would be amazed at the number of clients I saw who wrote their pin on the back of their card 'so they could remember it'. Getting flagged is no big deal, could be a bit inconvenient but at least you know your safe and getting your card to work is only a phone call away. Better safe than sorry.
Glad you got all the AM's, that in itself is worth the time.

Airmiles is down for me in Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge. It's been that way since mid afternoon when I last checked.

YES!!!!!!!!

Image result for we the north with raptor teeth

Looks like this weekend is another 100/$100 at Safeway. I will be hard-pressed to reach $100 but we do need a few things, so I hope I can stock up on actual needs and not frivolously on snack food!
Congrats on getting Onyx - I am a little nosy in checkout and always inquire if fellow Onyx cardholders are from the DIS.

Have not found one of y'all yet but I know I will, just a matter of time...

Another Toronto day for me, missed the 10:30 bus home so I decided to turn it into a day in the city. Got to be lunch time and I found myself down by the lake unable to make a decision what to eat .
Omg so how perfect is THIS!?!? Poutail poutine on a beavertail!
20190614_122618.jpg

Another Toronto day for me, missed the 10:30 bus home so I decided to turn it into a day in the city. Got to be lunch time and I found myself down by the lake unable to make a decision what to eat .
Omg so how perfect is THIS!?!? Poutail poutine on a beavertail!
20190614_122618.jpg
Wow that is quite the interesting meal. Never heard of poutine on a beaver tail.

:offtopic:

Really off topic. I have been watching and reading all about Hagrid's new ride at Universal. As much as I would love to go ride this...OMG :scared1: :faint:10 hour wait to ride this. It makes the wait times at the rest of the park fairly low. I don't think I would waste a whole day to ride this. But it does look like an awesome roller coaster. And yes...I'm one of those who will totally watch YouTube videos to see what they are all about. I'm hoping once our bank account recovers a bit from our last adventure, I can talk the dh into a trip for the boys to Universal and maybe a Disney day as well :hyper2: I would totally work the second job again to fund that!!!!!

Looks like this weekend is another 100/$100 at Safeway. I will be hard-pressed to reach $100 but we do need a few things, so I hope I can stock up on actual needs and not frivolously on snack food!
Congrats on getting Onyx - I am a little nosy in checkout and always inquire if fellow Onyx cardholders are from the DIS.

Have not found one of y'all yet but I know I will, just a matter of time...
That’s too funny.
Even though I’ve been Onyx for several years and they send me the black card every year, I still use my blue one. I’m incognito LOL.

Hey AM gurus-I thought the Airmiles site had discounts on City Pass products but I cannot seem to find them. Am I incorrect?

:offtopic:

Really off topic. I have been watching and reading all about Hagrid's new ride at Universal. As much as I would love to go ride this...OMG :scared1: :faint:10 hour wait to ride this. It makes the wait times at the rest of the park fairly low. I don't think I would waste a whole day to ride this. But it does look like an awesome roller coaster. And yes...I'm one of those who will totally watch YouTube videos to see what they are all about. I'm hoping once our bank account recovers a bit from our last adventure, I can talk the dh into a trip for the boys to Universal and maybe a Disney day as well :hyper2: I would totally work the second job again to fund that!!!!!

Hi Pumpkin
:moped:
I decided to not go on the ride because someone told me it has a HUGE drop :scared1:but,,, I just watched the YouTube video and I didn't see one.:dogdance: We are going to Florida next Jan and I would prefer to go back to Universal rather than Disney. I think the ride looks awesome. I just need to see if I can swing some passes with airmiles.
The Royal Pacific resort is just an awesome ,relaxing place to stay,,,but my pocket book says you need to save save------ save ...lol
Hugs to you
Mel
Just double checking you didn't see any big drops on this ride did you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts