Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Massive sigh, question for all of you, do you want me to get ready to maintain a thread dedicated to Shopping the Block when the time comes? I enjoy the interaction and figure that i might as well put all the information i keep for myself out for others to use as well. I think it helps to keep things in one place when we start to hunt.

I would appreciate it. I'm sure many others do as well! I guess the question is do you mind keep starting/maintaining these threads or are you getting tired of it?

I agree a separate thread would be great, too - especially for a newbie like me - I think there are more of us here too :)

I sure hope they give you back your air miles Mel! I'm so sorry to read about this. :hug:

One would think Air Miles could arrange the current $100 travel certificates to be used at RedTag.ca as well instead of forcing people to try and cash them in at the other agencies before the end of the year. I really can't imagine why that should be a problem. Air Miles promised those certificates would NEVER expire. Now they put an expiry date on them? Just let people use them at RedTag as well. Or for those who already booked a trip with the other agencies, let them continue putting their miles to that until their trip is down but no one else can start a new booking.

A thread dedicated to Shop the Block would be awesome if you care to do it!

I would appreciate it. I'm sure many others do as well! I guess the question is do you mind keep starting/maintaining these threads or are you getting tired of it?

I agree a separate thread would be great, too - especially for a newbie like me - I think there are more of us here too :)

I LOVE maintaining these threads! Really, i do -- keeps me out of trouble, gives me something to focus on and actually helps me stay stable mood-wise (yes, my signature is from personal experience :thumbsup2 )

I LOVE maintaining these threads! Really, i do -- keeps me out of trouble, gives me something to focus on and actually helps me stay stable mood-wise (yes, my signature is from personal experience :thumbsup2 )

LOL - I get it. I really do. There's a reason why I grew up loving Donald Duck as my favorite character hands-down! :rotfl2:

By the way, I'm glad you like to do this. I never earned as many miles until I came here last year. There's no way I could possibly do what you do. Thank you so much for everything!

Last edited:
Hopefully AM gets their act together for all those who have cashed in for the travel certificates and are saving up.

Also hope Redtag gets their cruise act together. They don't seem to sell all cruise lines, I saw Disney and Carnival, but no prices on the Disney. I think RCL as well? But no NCL, Celebrity, Princess, MSC. If I can use the AM for a cruise, I will be happy! If it's on a cruiseline I want. I like to control my own booking though so that could be tricky. I did some looking around, they do have a lot of packages for winter, but it was hard to find the ones I want (I want direct flights and there was no way I could find to filter for that). We shall see I suppose. I hope they don't move to flights only through them as well, although I wonder if that might be easier in some situations, or if it would open up availability. Pay for the flight with AM at the 909AM per $100 instead of the way they work now? Actually that would probably be a loss, I'm not sure. Ugh. First the messed up merchandise catalog, now a travel change... what's next!

Looking forward to STB, and hopefully a thread to keep it all organized! If you are up to it Donald that'd be great :)

LOL - I get it. I really do. There's a reason why I grew up loving Donald Duck as my favorite character hands-down! :rotfl2:

By the way, I'm glad you like to do this. I never earned as many miles until I came here last year. There's no way I could possibly do what you do. Thank you so much for everything!
OK... that moment you tell Donald why you love him so much and he walks out of the pavilion with you, his handler & photographer running behind shouting "Donald, come back, what will Daisy say??"
upload_2018-11-1_17-7-0.png

Halloween... we probably had over 100 kids at our house and because of the rain, it was quieter than previous years.

Mel... I am so sorry! That change sucks!

STB...hopefully it will be as easy as last year for me. I am lucky as I can shop both the QC and ON partners. Last years I bought a few items for my local food bank to help some fellow DISer from west and I will be happy to do it again if it's needed this year.

We had about 20 kids! First year in a non condo and a different neighbourhood. Not many kids here but one adorable little girl who asked if her treats were peanut free. We started looking and then her mom said “I don’t know why she is asking! She’s not even allergic!” So cute!

PS fine print on the Sobeys 20x means you just get 20x base miles. So yeah it’s spend $100 Get 100AM basically. I’ll take it. As I did Superstore last week and got 0 AM. Lol

add me to the Duck Appreciation Club! my air miles account has sky rocketed thanks to these threads

:donald:

I sure hope they give you back your air miles Mel! I'm so sorry to read about this. :hug:

One would think Air Miles could arrange the current $100 travel certificates to be used at RedTag.ca as well instead of forcing people to try and cash them in at the other agencies before the end of the year. I really can't imagine why that should be a problem. Air Miles promised those certificates would NEVER expire. Now they put an expiry date on them? Just let people use them at RedTag as well. Or for those who already booked a trip with the other agencies, let them continue putting their miles to that until their trip is down but no one else can start a new booking.

The way that I read the announcement is that you can still USE the travel certificates if you have them and they will still be honored at Transat Travel, Marlin Travel etc.

The limitation will be that you will no longer be able to use your airmiles for any NEW travel certificates or evouchers after Dec. 31, 2018 and you will no longer be able to COLLECT airmiles after Dec. 31, 2018 from those travel agencies.

From their website:
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Splash?splashId=24600094&changeLocale=en_CA

Transat Distribution Canada (TDC)
As a result of this new partnership, after December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca or use their Miles for Transat Travel Certificates. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018.

Any Certificates or eVouchers you may have currently will continue to be honoured after this time.

"Does this mean I won't be able to get Transat Dream Certificates or Cash eVouchers?

After December 31, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET, Collectors will no longer be able to get Miles directly from Transat Travel, Club Voyages, Voyages Transat, Travel Plus, Marlin Travel and tripcentral.ca or use their Miles for Transat Travel Certificates. Collectors can continue to use their Cash Miles for Transat eVouchers up until December 31, 2018.

What if I already used my Miles for a Transat Dream Certificate or Cash eVoucher? Will I still be able to use it?

Yes. Any Certificates or eVouchers you may have currently will continue to be honoured after this time."

I got an Onyx offer... earn 60 AM at any airmiles partner Nov 2 - 4, get an extra 30 AM. I don't think I'll be doing it. I checked the flyers and I really don't think I want to spend $100 at Metro or Sobeys this weekend so I may get one or two AM. Oh well! Hopefully others who can do it get a similar offer.

I got an Onyx offer... earn 60 AM at any airmiles partner Nov 2 - 4, get an extra 30 AM. I don't think I'll be doing it. I checked the flyers and I really don't think I want to spend $100 at Metro or Sobeys this weekend so I may get one or two AM. Oh well! Hopefully others who can do it get a similar offer.
One of my cards got a gold offer, collect 10 get 5. Not huge by any means.

Hopefully AM gets their act together for all those who have cashed in for the travel certificates and are saving up.

Also hope Redtag gets their cruise act together. They don't seem to sell all cruise lines, I saw Disney and Carnival, but no prices on the Disney. I think RCL as well? But no NCL, Celebrity, Princess, MSC. If I can use the AM for a cruise, I will be happy! If it's on a cruiseline I want.

They did say booking cruises wouldn't be available until later in 2019. Maybe that is why the delay...trying to add more cruise lines to their inventory?

The way that I read the announcement is that you can still USE the travel certificates if you have them and they will still be honored at Transat Travel, Marlin Travel etc.

Yes, I see what you mean. I did read that wrong. Thank you.

I'm so glad my husband & I did not change our minds on Universal Studios tickets. With having $2,200 in travel available we debated cashing them in for a trip instead. I would be exploding now if I had.

I feel it's shameful that Air Miles won't allow existing travel certificates to be used at RedTag after changing companies.

I got earn 40, get 20. I don't see me earning 40 at Rexall, Sobeys or Metro based on the new flyers.

I hope I get that offer! I plan to do the 20x AM at Sobeys so I'd get at least 100AM for spending $100 on my regular stuff anyways!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter