Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Nice job, it's a confusing list to work with. A couple of points:

1. BRUSHES - I think these refer to hair brushes but I'm not sure.
2. She specifically statement cosmetic bags and travel bags were not included so might want to add them to "not included"

A few other things she mentioned that I caught in her email (I didn't post the whole thing, it would have been even more confusing, her answers in bold):
Is sunscreen included? Sunscreen is not included (different than suncare I gather)
Any shampoo? Select Types and sizes (likely true of conditioner as well), might want to add "Shampoo" back on the list.

Also, when I asked
Any hand soap, body butter, body wash, razors, shaving cream?
she replied
razors, shaving cream? not included
so some hand soap might be included or she missed it, body butter and body wash already covered in chart

Last, re: Burt's Bees, these are the categories from Burt's Bees website (below). I would think anything that is listed on their website as makeup, skin care and hair&body care would qualify, even some sets if considered seasonal, anything under lip balm would not. May want to revise it in the "not included" column.
View attachment 406869

Thank you for keeping us organized.
I've edited the file to fix the items you mentioned above, want to take another glance at it for me?

Attachments

• REXALL BEAUTY EVENT Version 2.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 12
I was sitting here trying to figure out why the heck I haven't gotten a Rexall L&G offer or a Rexall email offer this week, so I went onto the Rexall website and this little nugget popped up. Fingers crossed we/I get a L&G offer to stack with it. :goodvibes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2019/June11/June12-COUPON-50100.pdf

AWESOME! I'll keep my eyes on the APP, their FB page and I'll report anything i find. They do tend to combine big offers when they are one day only. Fingers crossed, i love playing the game.

Looks wonderful! Thank you for putting it all together and the revisions.

Only thing I'd consider changing is "Burt's" not "Birts" and that it will be ALL Burt's Bees lipbalm not included, not just plain.
OMG!! I'm such a fool. Do you remember THIS during the first ice cream frenzy at Sobey's 2 years ago? When we were babysitting our daughter's hippo, Birt? Well because of him, i've added "Birt" to my dictionaries and it didn't pop up in my spellcheck 🤣 I'll fix those things next time I'm at my actual computer

408127 🤣

OMG!! I'm such a fool. Do you remember THIS during the first ice cream frenzy at Sobey's 2 years ago? When we were babysitting our daughter's hippo, Birt? Well because of him, i've added "Birt" to my dictionaries and it didn't pop up in my spellcheck 🤣 I'll fix those things next time I'm at my actual computer

View attachment 408127 🤣

I actually laughed out loud, yes I do remember you posting that picture shopping, too funny! Hope Birt is still around.

a little bit of a poll, for those willing to share: if you were primarily saving miles for a disney vacation, would you set your account to dream, cash, or a mix?

i ask because mine is set to dream and i have a decent number. my plan has been to keep saving towards a cruise (when we can finally book them with dream miles again). but I also started collecting PC points, and recently I redeemed a nice chunk for a disney gift card. it got me thinking about whether i should switch my air miles to cash and do something similar, ‘redeeming’ cash miles at safeway for disney cards. or since I already have a pile of dream, maybe it would be silly to split/switch?

any advice or suggestions very appreciated :)

I save 100% dream for Disney but leave $50 in cash airmiles in each account so that I can participate in cash promotions. Not sure about your province but in Ontario they seem to crop up regularly and are very good value. For example, this week is a Sobeys/Foodland promo, use 95 airmiles and get 25 airmiles back, net cost of 70 airmiles for $10 in groceries, return is 14.3 cents per airmile.

As for saving for Disney, I am currently sticking with dream miles. I'm not sure how long we will continue doing that, it will depend on Airmiles' Disney tickets going forward as well as other travel and Onyx personal shopper options. We are not very successful at redeeming airmiles and setting aside $$ for trips, truth is we find something way more practical to spend the money on and just go without the trip. I suppose this isn't necessarily a bad thing, total flexibility to spend on whatever we choose. We could purchase more Disney giftcards which I will likely do if we decide to change to cash miles.

I was sitting here trying to figure out why the heck I haven't gotten a Rexall L&G offer or a Rexall email offer this week, so I went onto the Rexall website and this little nugget popped up. Fingers crossed we/I get a L&G offer to stack with it. :goodvibes

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2019/June11/June12-COUPON-50100.pdf

Rexall's one day Wednesday June 12 airmiles app coupon 100am wus $50 ends in 5171, printable coupon ends in 5165 so may be combinable.

We are not very successful at redeeming airmiles and setting aside $$ for trips, truth is we find something way more practical to spend the money on and just go without the trip. I suppose this isn't necessarily a bad thing, total flexibility to spend on whatever we choose.

This.

I'd have already bought a new fridge and stove if I didn't keep 90% of my miles tied up in Dream!

I save 100% dream for Disney but leave $50 in cash airmiles in each account so that I can participate in cash promotions. Not sure about your province but in Ontario they seem to crop up regularly and are very good value. For example, this week is a Sobeys/Foodland promo, use 95 airmiles and get 25 airmiles back, net cost of 70 airmiles for $10 in groceries, return is 14.3 cents per airmile.

As for saving for Disney, I am currently sticking with dream miles. I'm not sure how long we will continue doing that, it will depend on Airmiles' Disney tickets going forward as well as other travel and Onyx personal shopper options. We are not very successful at redeeming airmiles and setting aside $$ for trips, truth is we find something way more practical to spend the money on and just go without the trip. I suppose this isn't necessarily a bad thing, total flexibility to spend on whatever we choose. We could purchase more Disney giftcards which I will likely do if we decide to change to cash miles.

I don’t think I have the self control to redeem for $ and just set it aside either. But I don’t think my money would go to practical purchases. I know myself well enough to know I’d think of it as “free money” and it would end up going towards something fun or frivolous.

I left my account on dream miles for now because it doesn’t feel worth it to change my plan of attack with a good chunk already in my dream account. I think I’ll wait to re-evaluate after cashing out for our next trip.

Because I tend to do my best to make efficient use of my time I searched thru this thread to find the last post about using the double dip one day only coupon from Rexall and discovered it seems to be happening once a month, last one was May 14th.
ONE DAY ONLY bonus offer Wednesday June 12th

To play this game for maximum miles for your buck follow these tips:
  1. BOTH bar codes MUST be scanned, neither can be loaded to your card
  2. Politely ask the cashier to simply scan all coupons you have, let the system work it out.
  3. Coupons can be either printed or shown on a mobile device
  4. Since the offers are almost identical, be really careful that you get 2 different codes scanned
  5. If a coupon has trouble scanning from your phone try turning up the brightness and zooming in so the bar code is larger You can even try getting them to type in the bar code number, that will also work
  6. Depending on the store you might be able to use the survey coupon for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 Link for that is HERE
Two separate coupons from 2 different sources
Coupon # 1 came from Rexall the barcode from this one is 417000051657
Link to the coupon is HERE
Image if you prefer that
408364Just the barcode 408366

Coupon # 2 comes from the APP and now it's on the Airmiles website Link to coupon is HERE
Barcode is 41700005171
Image of the coupon that shows the date
408370 Just the barcode 408371

Last edited:
In my June newsletter there was a little note about a contest which would be happening soon (June 17-21, 2019) to celebrate Onyx's 5 year anniversary. Contest fine print indicates open to Onyx collectors only, so perhaps we will get a more targeted email closer to the start date. Prizes include airfare, merch, AM and gift cards. Here is the current website to detail the contest which is coming soon: https://worldofrewards.airmiles.ca/en/comingsoon

In my June newsletter there was a little note about a contest which would be happening soon (June 17-21, 2019) to celebrate Onyx's 5 year anniversary. Contest fine print indicates open to Onyx collectors only, so perhaps we will get a more targeted email closer to the start date. Prizes include airfare, merch, AM and gift cards. Here is the current website to detail the contest which is coming soon: https://worldofrewards.airmiles.ca/en/comingsoon

Nice looking prizes and easy to enter, thank goodness! Now to remember to do so lol.

ooh, looks great! i have a good feeling about this...with the number of onyx peeps here, i think we might know a winner! :wizard:

Here's a question for my AM guru's:

I read on *that* facebook page that people were able to purchase 2 x 5 day wdw passes and redeem the 2 passes for 1 annual pass. Could this actually be true? If that's the case, I may just jump on that when we go next year (2020) for my oldest daughter's 30th.

I read on *that* facebook page that people were able to purchase 2 x 5 day wdw passes and redeem the 2 passes for 1 annual pass. Could this actually be true? If that's the case, I may just jump on that when we go next year (2020) for my oldest daughter's 30th.
You know that i absolutely LOATH spreading any rumours or posting speculations without full disclosure that it is strictly MY thoughts. Due to this i went straight to THE place for answers about any & everything regarding tickets, the thread created & maintained by Robo and monitored by a couple of CMs who actually work in ticketing and i found this answer, directly quoted from this post Ins & Outs of Upgrading Tickets The entire thread is excellent reading and a great place to look for answeres regarding tickets and if the answer isn't there, Robo responds within hours!

Upgrading to an Annual Pass (AP)
An upgrade to any level of Annual Pass follows basically the same rules as any other upgrade of MYW tickets.
You cannot combine the value of more than one ticket in order to upgrade to a singe new ticket or AP.

If the person who mentioned this is able to provide more details about how/when/where they did this it might add some credence to their claim but it's also possible that they had a CM who sprinkled a TON of Pixie Dust. Personally i wouldn't want to risk this massive leap of faith :P

View attachment 408127 🤣
Birt Buddy How's it going?
Is Grandma J taking good care of you?
Psssst....Metro has ice cream with airmiles.....
Happy Anniversary J,,,You joined the DIS on June 11 a few years ago.(13 years).
Hugs
Mel

I read that to and I can tell you from experience that Donald is not wrong. I took a few left over passes I had to exchange for a AP and was only allowed to use one. I used the one with the most value of course but they made it very clear what the rule was. I think those on the other site are talking through their hats..... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!