Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So about my exciting morning in Toronto yesterday... can I share? It's a year away but I'm so excited about it.

I won a Virgin Voyage cruise for two, including airfare AND two Samsung Galaxy S10 phones from Virgin Radio and Richard Branson!! :cool1:

The cruise is for next year and they gave me the phones already for my friend and I.

So about my exciting morning in Toronto yesterday... can I share? It's a year away but I'm so excited about it.

I won a Virgin Voyage cruise for two, including airfare AND two Samsung Galaxy S10 phones from Virgin Radio and Richard Branson!! :cool1:

The cruise is for next year and they gave me the phones already for my friend and I.
That is amazing!! You most certainly can share and should!! Congratulations on your win, you have to report back on your experience once you get to go. And a Virgin Cruise, that is exciting in itself!!!!

Hello everyone ! I'm wondering if you have the answer to my question. I've looked around but found nothing..I've made 2 hotel reservations using my miles for this summer, thinking we would drive down to Orlando in July. I've found out today about the car train from Washington and I would like to compare the costs to driving, but I can't find anywhere information on canceling a hotel reservation made using miles ! I've tried calling, but they make you go through the whole system and I was too afraid it would cancel the reservation when all I wanted was to ask about it ! Does anyone know if reservations can ce canceled without penalties ? Thank you in advance :)

If I understood correctly, she is saying:
- the coupon with the barcode ending in 1657 worked
- the coupon from the Air Miles APP with the barcode ending in 5171 did not work
- the coupon that Air Miles e-mailed with the barcode ending in 1688 worked (I posted a picture above)

Is that right Krista?
Correct. I got the 1657 and 1688 to work, the loadngo of 5171 would not go into the system. Maybe someone else can get it to work, because in theory that is 3 different codes - if someone can snag the 300AM that would be awesome!!

That is AWESOME!!!!!! I'm so happy when I hear of people winning things like this! Enjoy it!!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about the trip!!!! Hopefully this year will go fast for you and it's time to board the ship before you know it!

Heads up, the load n Go coupon for Rexall today seems to be busted - it would not scan and inputting the numbers did not work. However the email from Airmiles about the RExall AM does work, and is a different code from the Rexall email/coupon direct, so I still managed my 200AM, it was just a bit of a hassle!
The cashier at my Rexall called about the code not working and she was told to award the customer 100AM if they ask about the L&G code not working. Unfortunately I didn't know about the 1688 code or she would have let me use that one too. I'm happy with the 200 I got.

Well I should have checked before I went but I didn't know about the 3rd one so only got 100 AM. and the girl on cash was her first day so had no clue, the guy she called to help was a jerk. And I'm sad now I missed out. To be honest I don't think I would have bothered if I had known I wasn't going to get the points! Ugh.

WOW congratulations!!

Ok, so let's see if we can play the Rexall game -- but it appears they have closed the loophole to use all three coupon codes. Based on the info @ottawamom just shared I'm printing out EVERY coupon code and trying them all :P
The original from Rexall has the bar code 417000051657 and the link for the coupon is HERE
Image of just the bar code if you want 408582

The second coupon that some of you got in a second email that was shared above by our lucky cruise winner has the bar code 417000051688 Link to the coupon is HERE
Image of just the bar code 408583

NOW the problem with the code from the app & the Facebook post seems to have been fixed and is now generating the same coupon as above. HOWEVER, if you're willing to take a chance to get the extra 100 miles you can try opening your app and having that scanned OR here's that bar code again 41700005171
Image of the full coupon
408584and just the bar code 408585

Hello everyone ! I'm wondering if you have the answer to my question. I've looked around but found nothing..I've made 2 hotel reservations using my miles for this summer, thinking we would drive down to Orlando in July. I've found out today about the car train from Washington and I would like to compare the costs to driving, but I can't find anywhere information on canceling a hotel reservation made using miles ! I've tried calling, but they make you go through the whole system and I was too afraid it would cancel the reservation when all I wanted was to ask about it ! Does anyone know if reservations can ce canceled without penalties ? Thank you in advance :)
Quick answer -- on my way out to Rexall!
If you're asking will you get those miles back in your account the answer is NO.

If you're asking if you cancel the reservation with the hotel will you get charged more, the answer is NO because they have no way to actually do that! You will just appear as a "no show" and they won't care because they've already been paid for you to stay.

If you are asking something else and I missed it, just ask again and I'll try to answer you. OH BTW, don't bother asking AM to cancel it if you don't have insurance on those miles it will just confuse the heck out of them, I'll explain later how i know this:rolleyes1

Oh WOW so cool!!!
Congrats Hon
Hugs
Mel

Correct. I got the 1657 and 1688 to work, the loadngo of 5171 would not go into the system. Maybe someone else can get it to work, because in theory that is 3 different codes - if someone can snag the 300AM that would be awesome!!

Thanks for posting. I printed the 1688 one by logging into airmiles after seeing your post, it is listed as an offer. The 5171 app one didn't work, person a couple of people ahead of me also tried. So I got 202 airmiles, $38 shop ($7 coupons, $5 survey). There is no way my store would have honoured the third.

WOW....that's the best day ever! Congrats. Have you seen how lux the Virgin cruises are going to be?

I really should have checked here before making the trip to Rexall. It's completely out of my way, I was delayed repeatedly leaving work and really didn't want to go but there where a few items we actually needed so I went thinking I would get 200+ miles. I had a nice cashier who tried the app coupon 4 or 5 times. It was a no go just like everyone else. Does anyone have a phone number to call to attempt to get the miles adjusted?

I really should have checked here before making the trip to Rexall. It's completely out of my way, I was delayed repeatedly leaving work and really didn't want to go but there where a few items we actually needed so I went thinking I would get 200+ miles. I had a nice cashier who tried the app coupon 4 or 5 times. It was a no go just like everyone else. Does anyone have a phone number to call to attempt to get the miles adjusted?

If you have access to Facebook I would try sending them a message they're pretty good at responding or even the online chat. I haven't decided if I'm going to press it or not, the extra 100 miles would be great but I already got the 200, might be wise for me to not push it ?

I'm still feeling a little bitter about missing out on the 100AM, I didn't know about the 3 coupons so I can't push my luck for the third. I wonder if an airmiles chat would resolve anything, it was their fault the app coupon didn't even scan. And the guy at the store was very rude. I would have left everything and walked out but I'd gone on lunch with a friend and didn't want to be that person :) I will stick to my usual place from now on though, they usually have all the coupons lined up by the cash and scan them there without even prompting! Oh well. I got a few things for the trip (some blister bandages and sunscreen) and some atkins bars which I had for lunch.

I am glad to see some people were able to get all the points! Once the MM posts I am only about 750 short of at least one way flights for March, so hopefully I can find a way to do that soon.

It will not be the "exciting" BMO offer I got, spend $575 by June 17 on my BMO card for 50 big AM! Yeah no thanks lol. Sadly, I probably could do it but it's just not worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!