Airmiles Armchair Chatter

All my fellow Rexall shoppers who only JUST discovered that they carry M & M products, I'm soooo sorry that I've never mentioned it :sad2: I'm pretty sure it was almost a year ago that I noticed them in a store in the downtown core of Toronto but since my mom owns a M & M i was already aware of the partnership and I only noticed because of that .. mom had asked me to keep my eyes out so i could let her know how/where they are displaying the products. Also didn't mention it because i can't eat ANY of their food so it's a non-issue for me. I need to remember that I have promised myself to share any concrete info relating to the almighty AM hunt!

We went to a Rexall yesterday afternoon after visiting my dad (he was placed in a long term care facility a couple of weeks ago BTW) and did a bang-up job that even had the cashier impressed! We spent just a tad over $100 and walked off with 315 AM!!! We keep a running list of vitamins and when they are on sale, have bonus miles & there is a threshold spend we load up! Split it into 2 orders and we got the threshold spend PLUS spend $50 get 50 on vitamins.

Also hit up Metro to get a Netflix gift card and taught several of our fav staff there about how to use gift cards to get more miles. Seriously, they were dumbfounded that you can both buy a gift card for Netflix and apply it to your OWN account AND that you could earn miles on the card when it's in the flyer. One kid literally ran to the display once the light bulb went off after he pumped his fist in the air "We get DOUBLE the miles too!" :rotfl2:

I checked this morning after seeing your post and the Canadian ones are gone, sounds like you've answer my question though, it must have been recently/today (or I'm just missing them). I'm really surprised that the 7 day flex ones are gone since they really were only good for those going October to December this year ... or those upgrading I suppose. I thought they'd take awhile to get rid of. I think with all the Disney ticket changes we are in unknown territory in regards to what and when we will see next.
Ohhh the Canadian Tickets being gone is really recent then . I think I looked Saturday ..maybe even yesterday and they were there.
I agree .. it’s all up in the air as far as tickets go for sure.

Not that I don't want anymore competition , but your my peeps.
:flower1:
Onyx

Good luck all.

alright...question for you fellow Am hunters,

I purchased one 100.00 Bass Pro gc for the hubby for Father's Day. It was the loadable on up to 500.00. I only received 75 AM. With the wording in the offer... for every 50.00 you spend on all participating cards. The card I purchased was included in the fine print. I think I should have received 150 AM...not 75. I went back to Safeway over my lunch...and the customer service person said it was per GC. She said " we argue this all the time, and don't give the extra miles. " I don't like this particular cashier.employee anyways - always on the rude side.

What do you guys think? Should I get 150 AM instead of 75? I'm willing to go back again tonight or tomorrow night after work to avoid this particular employee again. If I had known that, I would have just gotten 2 GC. But the wording in the advertisement is receive 50.00 for every 50.00.

I purchased one 100.00 Bass Pro gc for the hubby for Father's Day. It was the loadable on up to 500.00. I only received 75 AM. With the wording in the offer... for every 50.00 you spend on all participating cards. The card I purchased was included in the fine print. I think I should have received 150 AM...not 75. I went back to Safeway over my lunch...and the customer service person said it was per GC. She said " we argue this all the time, and don't give the extra miles. " I don't like this particular cashier.employee anyways - always on the rude side.

What do you guys think? Should I get 150 AM instead of 75? I'm willing to go back again tonight or tomorrow night after work to avoid this particular employee again. If I had known that, I would have just gotten 2 GC. But the wording in the advertisement is receive 50.00 for every 50.00.
I just stared at the fine print (gawd it really is tiny!) and I read it the same way you do only because they mention that loadable cards are included. If they had only specified it was good on the $50 gift card that would be a different scenario. I'm not sure if I would be heading out to fight it with the store or if I'd try with online chat?? 75 miles is worth just less than $10 and I'd be thinking about my time/gas/effort/stress of heading back to the store. Just my thoughts!

Fellow ONYX collectors, keep you eyes open for some mail (actual mail!) I just got a little package telling me I've been a ONYX since the beginning, included a fancy little luggage tag (that I'll prolly never use) and a booklet of coupons (that i will be using :P ) It also has info about the contest but, hey, you all let me know about that!

Fellow ONYX collectors, keep you eyes open for some mail (actual mail!) I just got a little package telling me I've been a ONYX since the beginning, included a fancy little luggage tag (that I'll prolly never use) and a booklet of coupons (that i will be using :P ) It also has info about the contest but, hey, you all let me know about that!
Thanks I will keep my eyes open for the special mail.

Just an FYI...saw on the WDW AP FB group that "silently" Disney raised the prices of their AP in advance of SWGE opening...the Platinum AP pass (with no block out dates) jumped $225 to $1119 + tax. I now wish I had renewed our APs this past weekend when we were down instead of waiting until November and using the AM 7 day tickets towards the purchase of new APs...oh well...live and learn...

Just an FYI...saw on the WDW AP FB group that "silently" Disney raised the prices of their AP in advance of SWGE opening...the Platinum AP pass (with no block out dates) jumped $225 to $1119 + tax. I now wish I had renewed our APs this past weekend when we were down instead of waiting until November and using the AM 7 day tickets towards the purchase of new APs...oh well...live and learn...

I was looking at it yesterday to see if it was worth. It isn't any more. It was pretty close though!

Thanks for bringing this up, such a huge jump (+25%), dvc gold aps went from $609 to $699 I see (+15%).
Link to prices:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...pass-prices-increase-substantially-overnight/
Did you have 7D AM tickets already? If so, if they were the flex ones, did you happen to price them at guest services?

If you don't have them yet, at least you can accumulate airmiles until November and save $$$. If it was a pay $$$ now or airmiles later, I don't think you necessarily lost out.

Personally, I would be asking for the store manager on this one if it's your regular store. The wording says "for every $50" and there isn't any fineprint saying anything different. If your store "argue(s) this all the time" then you aren't the only one which to me says the flyer ad in the very least is misleading.

Had a pretty good airmiles day today....$52 at Rexall for 153AM, 100 at shell on Amazon gift cards, done in two transactions for 50AM, and 177 AM at Sobeys for regular groceries. Paid with my BMO MC, where I have 2x miles at partners this week, and it's over 400AM for stuff we needed anyway :)

Was the Shell 100 airmiles a personal offer? Just wondering if I'm missing out on something.

400 airmiles, sounds like a great day!

So now that the 2020 packages are out, I've been pricing things out, etc. The system says I can't add Memory Maker if I don't have a ticket package - is that true? So if I do AM tickets, I can't get MM? We loved having MM last time, that would be disappointing.

Was the Shell 100 airmiles a personal offer? Just wondering if I'm missing out on something.

400 airmiles, sounds like a great day!

Shell has an offer on giftcards, get 20 AM on 1 selected gift card in-store ($50 Keg, $50 Amazon.ca, $50 Golf Town, X-Box 2019 Game Pass (35.99), $50 Home Outfittes, $50 or $100 Cabela's Canda, $25 or $50 OLG. No coupon required. May 6 to Sept 1

So now that the 2020 packages are out, I've been pricing things out, etc. The system says I can't add Memory Maker if I don't have a ticket package - is that true? So if I do AM tickets, I can't get MM? We loved having MM last time, that would be disappointing.

Never mind, I should have googled before panicking. Sounds like once you have tickets linked in MDE you can add MM. But if just booking a room, it won't give you the option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts