Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Shell has an offer on giftcards, get 20 AM on 1 selected gift card in-store ($50 Keg, $50 Amazon.ca, $50 Golf Town, X-Box 2019 Game Pass (35.99), $50 Home Outfittes, $50 or $100 Cabela's Canda, $25 or $50 OLG. No coupon required. May 6 to Sept 1

Thank you, I missed this one, perhaps because I was away when it started.

So now that the 2020 packages are out, I've been pricing things out, etc. The system says I can't add Memory Maker if I don't have a ticket package - is that true? So if I do AM tickets, I can't get MM? We loved having MM last time, that would be disappointing.

That Memory Maker can be very addictive. We are the family that comes home from holidays with very few pictures and have never owned a video camera so it has been so nice to have (it's included in aps).

Where do you see this information? I'm looking on https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorist...get-100s-of-air-miles-reward-this-summer.html and there's nothing listed for this.
The shell gift card offers are here. But thanks for that other link, I had no idea I should have more bonus miles coming for gas and in store purchases!
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/air-miles/every-day-air-miles.html
FYI, those Shell offers are NOT available in Atlantic Canada. Only ON, and out West.

Well, the Duck has learned something this morning! Thanks for providing the 2nd link @bgula, I was just coming in to mention that the other link provided by Krista is in the first post and then noticed they mention 2 different sets of offers. LOOK out Shell, I'm coming for some Magnum bars again, one set of offers mentions 5 miles but the other say 10... does that mean I'll get 15?!?!? I'm going to get both links into the first post.

And yeah, boo-hiss on the difference in offers across the country, I struggle to see the logic behind this :sad2:

Thanks for bringing this up, such a huge jump (+25%), dvc gold aps went from $609 to $699 I see (+15%).
Link to prices:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...pass-prices-increase-substantially-overnight/
Did you have 7D AM tickets already? If so, if they were the flex ones, did you happen to price them at guest services?

If you don't have them yet, at least you can accumulate airmiles until November and save $$$. If it was a pay $$$ now or airmiles later, I don't think you necessarily lost out.

I currently have one 7 day AM ticket and "almost" have enough AM for the other 7 day ticket (once MM post). I was thinking of stopping in to guest services to see how much it would be worth to upgrade and purchase an AP voucher with my 7D AM ticket but our trip to WDW was quick (arrived Thursday morning, left Sunday night) and just didn't have time. I was also hoping that *maybe* our exchange would be better....whatever the situation, even with the higher prices, the AP will still be cheaper for us as we normally visit multiple times for between 5 - 10 days per trip. The room, merchandise and dining discounts have more than "paid" for one of our current APs. So although the price increase will sting, we will still upgrade our tickets to APs.

I just got my 3rd, and it says 'final', Fast Track offer. It's earn 1250 miles at any partner and earn 420 miles. I read the fine print and it looks to me like it's a cumulative offer so it might be possible. June 17-July 17th. Only problem is that I've had several months of high spending and I am hoping that the next month or two is back to my usual amount or preferably less than my usual amount.

I just got my 3rd, and it says 'final', Fast Track offer. It's earn 1250 miles at any partner and earn 420 miles. I read the fine print and it looks to me like it's a cumulative offer so it might be possible. June 17-July 17th. Only problem is that I've had several months of high spending and I am hoping that the next month or two is back to my usual amount or preferably less than my usual amount.

Mine is get 360 AM if I collect 1050 AM by July 17. I wonder if my BMO MasterCard miles will count towards this? A Blue Friday would really help me achieve this.

Mine is get 360 AM if I collect 1050 AM by July 17. I wonder if my BMO MasterCard miles will count towards this? A Blue Friday would really help me achieve this.

I don't have my email in front of me at the moment but I'm pretty sure the wording of "at any partner" probably refers to actual in store swiping of your card. I'll look into in once i get my butt up to my office!

I currently have one 7 day AM ticket and "almost" have enough AM for the other 7 day ticket (once MM post). I was thinking of stopping in to guest services to see how much it would be worth to upgrade and purchase an AP voucher with my 7D AM ticket but our trip to WDW was quick (arrived Thursday morning, left Sunday night) and just didn't have time. I was also hoping that *maybe* our exchange would be better....whatever the situation, even with the higher prices, the AP will still be cheaper for us as we normally visit multiple times for between 5 - 10 days per trip. The room, merchandise and dining discounts have more than "paid" for one of our current APs. So although the price increase will sting, we will still upgrade our tickets to APs.

Got it, I know it's hard to fit in anything extra especially on those short trips. Hope you had an awesome time.

megamiles just posted!

Yep - and again, I'm chasing miles. We received the right amount (1000) for our primary card, but only 300 on the second card. my daughter should have received 1000 but only got 300 as well. I've sent a message through Messenger, hopefully they fix it. Having to chase miles after every promotion posts incorrectly is getting pretty frustrating.

Ok, i can now tell you that sorry, our BMO miles won't count towards this. Mine is collect 1500 miles before July 17th and I'm not too sure we can handle that!

Here's the fine print from the offer and I've underlined the part that, to me, says you need to earn the miles IN A STORE

This AIR MILES offer is exclusive, non-transferable and only available to the recipient of the offer invitation. Offer is valid from June 17, 2019 to July 17, 2019. Any Mile earned in connection with eligible purchases made at AIR MILES Partners between June 17, 2019 and July 17, 2019, with the Collector Number associated with the email recipient’s Collector Account will qualify toward the earn requirement. All eligible Miles must be earned before 11:59 p.m. EST on July 17, 2019, and subsequently posted to your Collector Account. Limit of one (1) offer per Collector Number. Please allow up to 90 days after the end of the offer period for Miles to be posted to your Collector Account.

Any Mile earned in connection with eligible purchases made at AIR MILES Partners between June 17, 2019 and July 17, 2019, with the Collector Number associated with the email recipient’s Collector Account will qualify toward the earn requirement
Hopefully they will have a good Blue Friday otherwise I will miss out on this fasttrack offer like I did for the 2nd one they sent me. Mine is collect 1300 miles and get 440 bonus miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!