Airmiles Armchair Chatter

i’m glad mega miles is behind me now.

it’s the first big event in a long while that i couldn’t complete. under normal circumstances i would have done it no problem, but i had lots of good life stuff going on and it meant i couldn’t meet the top level reward. definitely not complaining, but i’m ready for the next big event.

Megamiles all went through fine.

Last fasttrack as well, 100 airmiles bonus for collecting 300 airmiles. I'm still waiting for the fasttrack points from the first offer (kept everything, including fineprint, need to wait 120 days), didn't do second. Sounds easy but I am hosting company for 15 days starting next week which makes it a little harder.

I also have a one week BMO MC personal offer, shop at 1 of 3 stores (Shell,Rexall,Global), spend $50 on BMO MC get 75 airmiles.

i’m glad mega miles is behind me now.

it’s the first big event in a long while that i couldn’t complete. under normal circumstances i would have done it no problem, but i had lots of good life stuff going on and it meant i couldn’t meet the top level reward. definitely not complaining, but i’m ready for the next big event.
One good Blue Friday and you can get the same # of AM for probably not much more than you would have spent on MM.

Well, went back to Safeway again about the GC and missing 75 miles. They did give them to me, only after I had said " the wording says for each 50.00 spent.". She was unsure and took it to then manager on duty for his authorization. Again I got the " it usually applies to one card purchase ". And I politely said, their wording then is incorrect and is boarder line misleading and according to the scanning code of ethics..and I stopped. She knew that I knew I was right in asking for them.

I'm not sure if it's their policy, but I know next time to just buy two cards. I have bought loadable Sephora GC and no problems. Oh well,. I got my extra 75 miles, and hope that there is another blue Friday with some great deals again.

Last edited:

Once Sobey's posts last weekends miles later today, I'll be over 29,000AM! Considering I really started collecting last September, I'm extremely happy with that. My goal is 56000AM before next August, which will hopefully cover flights (with one companion ticket refunded), disney tickets, Universal tickets and the blue man group for the 4 of us. Of course, since prices keep going up I might have to readjust my target, but I'll be happy just getting some/most of those covered. Now we just have to finalize our dates so I can book our room at CBR!

Once Sobey's posts last weekends miles later today, I'll be over 29,000AM! Considering I really started collecting last September, I'm extremely happy with that. My goal is 56000AM before next August, which will hopefully cover flights (with one companion ticket refunded), disney tickets, Universal tickets and the blue man group for the 4 of us. Of course, since prices keep going up I might have to readjust my target, but I'll be happy just getting some/most of those covered. Now we just have to finalize our dates so I can book our room at CBR!

wow, that’s some amazing earning! good work!

i usually manage around 10-15,000/year. I’m so impressed you manage almost 50,000 in a year!

So, DH and I leave for a long weekend in Anaheim tomorrow night. A couple of weeks ago (just after we got back from Greece) I made the executive decision to go ahead and book the Disneyland Hotel for the weekend so we can check out Galaxy’s Edge before it opens to the masses. :rolleyes1

We’re not using any air miles for passes this time around because today I also booked our 2020 trip to WDW for my oldest daughter’s 30th birthday! We already have enough AM for 2 x 7 day passes, and I may also get 2 x 1 day / 2 Universal Orlando Park passes.

The only thing better than a trip countdown is a Disney trip countdown!! :dancer:

So, DH and I leave for a long weekend in Anaheim tomorrow night. A couple of weeks ago (just after we got back from Greece) I made the executive decision to go ahead and book the Disneyland Hotel for the weekend so we can check out Galaxy’s Edge before it opens to the masses. :rolleyes1

Oh please report back about how you liked it. I was toying with doing something similar and almost did but I decided to wait till the Rise of the Resistance ride is up and running. I have been reading the SWGE thread over on the Disneyland section on a daily basis and I am so pumped. Have a blast!

Me to. One day passes just aren't doing it for us. Waiting for something better but we still have a few months so I'm not to worried.

On a side note, I'm in need of a new iPad so I'm waiting on a bonus AM offer on the AM's site. If anyone notices an offer for Apple I would appreciate hearing about it just in case I miss it myself.

I'm going stir-crazy over the Universal tickets! Grr... We fly out in 9 1/2 weeks. I need time for the tickets to arrive so I probably need to give up and put a Personal Shopper order in in what? Four weeks tops?

House Hippo

Oh my gosh, I love that video. I had forgotten about it. The first time I saw it, I couldn't stop staring at it thinking nahh... But it sounded so real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter