Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm a little confused, your first quote is for next year or Christmas I assume??? The first ones are on airmiles' website expiring Dec 20 2019. Or I'm missing something lol.

They must have just put those up. There were not up the other day when I checked!!! Sweet...maybe they will extend that to March...here's to hoping that Universal does!!!!

I'm a little confused, your first quote is for next year or Christmas I assume??? The first ones are on airmiles' website expiring Dec 20 2019. Or I'm missing something lol.

View attachment 418625
We are going in October. Thanks for posting this, while it's there now it was not two days ago. The only ticket option was the one day passes. Odd that personal shopper would want over 1000 more airmiles that the value they now want on their website. Makes me wish they offered AP's so I could see the difference there.

We are going in October. Thanks for posting this, while it's there now it was not two days ago. The only ticket option was the one day passes. Odd that personal shopper would want over 1000 more airmiles that the value they now want on their website. Makes me wish they offered AP's so I could see the difference there.

I would always expect the personal shopper quote to be slightly higher ie. adding a fee for their services but 1000 airmiles is a lot. I'll probably take a closer look at your quotes on the weekend as well.

Thank you so much for posting them!

View attachment 418625

SOn of a!!!! Those where NOT there even yesterday!

4.400 for the 3 park-to-park one... arghhh. 17,600 for 4 of those. I gave up waiting and paid 20,550 through the Personal Shopper program. :headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

I would always expect the personal shopper quote to be slightly higher ie. adding a fee for their services but 1000 airmiles is a lot. I'll probably take a closer look at your quotes on the weekend as well.

Thank you so much for posting them!

More than slightly higher! I ended up paying them 20,550 miles for 4 of the 3 park 2+3 day promo tickets. The tickets were only suppose to be sold until July 31st and I gave up waiting for Air Miles to post them on their website.

So I ended up paying 2,950 more than what is listed on their website now. Which would be 17,600 for 4 of the same tickets.

Last edited:

I just wrote back to the personal shopper program. I realize they charge more miles as a fee but that's a ridiculous amount. The current promo is only suppose to be sold until July 31st, which is only 12 days from now! The promo started well over a month ago. I'll see what they say on Monday. I love Air Miles and the stuff I get, but I'm not impressed at this.

Oh no you didn't just try to apply any sense of logic to how Airmiles does things did you?!?!?!The only logic is that there is NO logic!

OMG, no logic at all I tell you! :headache:

Ok... I need to calm down and refocus. :blush: We are going on a nice trip in 5 weeks. We did not have to pay cash for the tickets. We are going to have a great time. :-)

Also, I booked the Virgin Voyages cruise I won with Virgin Radio today for August 2020. Cozumel is not offered during July-Oct so we ended up with Dominican Republic as my friend said she'd prefer that to Costa Maya. We only ended paying $390 for the port fees & taxes ($195 each) and the lady from VV is checking to see if we can upgrade from a limited view balcony to a regular balcony for $130 ($65 each). So it's only costing us $260 each for 5 nights and it includes the flights for free. Pretty sweet!

Now to get back to cooking dinner without banging everything in the kitchen in a temper. LOL

Oh no you didn't just try to apply any sense of logic to how Airmiles does things did you?!?!?!The only logic is that there is NO logic!

lol, yes I'm trying to make sense of it all.

My only thought on the much higher quote is that they got some kind of bulk discount on the Universal tickets as they did with currently out of stock Disney tickets so they charge less airmiles. When you use personal shopper, I assume they have to pay the same price as everyone else. I'm off to the cottage before I melt but I'm guessing the ratio of the personal shopper quotes is something around 14airmiles per USD .... since everyone else's quote came out that way.

It's so HOT!!
I had to drive to my sister in law's place this morning (I am on garden watering duty),,while they are away out West.
I stopped by Shell to get a bottle of pop,,,got 6 and 40 airmiles.
I also picked up 3x 50.00 Amazon cards=60 Airmiles.
The receipt showed that I was missing 20 airmiles ...so they gave me a bunch of *sorry for the inconvenience* (10 Airmiles) coupons to use in future visits.
No walks in the forest for me today---I am staying inside in the air conditioning!
Stay cool
Hugs
Mel

Just had the 10 miles post to BOTH accounts for installing the Chrome extension for the airmilesshop .ca I figured i had nothing to lose by signing in with the main card, signing out and then back in again using the other account # Easy-peasy miles!

And NO i didn't order anything on the 2nd card & the miles still posted.

I wasn’t going to bother with Christmas in July but our puppy ripped the insole out of DS’s running shoes so I ordered him new ones from DSW and then ordered myself a couple of things from HBC. So I’ll at least get the 50 bonus AM. Not sure about a third...wish Indigo was considered books and not dept store.

Went to Rexall today, got 100 AM (and the giftcard I needed to PIF my August Disney! well sort of, I want to add on qsdp and water parks to the tickets but I'll do that after another pay cheque). Any way! It was an ok shop, wish it had been for more AM so I imagine this week there will be some stackable coupons that come out :) But I got a good price on some TP and chips. Plus they finally had the sunscreen I have been looking for! Kiddo is super sensitive and can only use the mineral types, but of course wants the spray because reasons. Finally they had one in stock! He's been using the cream one and rather upset about it. Any way! Hope everyone had a great hot weekend, if it's hot where you are. Which seems to be all of Canada lately.

Yes, same. I just can't think of a 3rd shop.
[/QUOTE

Health and Beauty category includes well.ca, Electronics includes HP, Home includes Bed, Bath & Beyond, Office & School Supplies includes Staples. Oh, and strangely enough Books, Music, Movies includes Ticketmaster and Kobo.

That moment when you have your 3rd transaction ready to submit, it's 11:54 and the internet stutters meaning you just missed out on 250 miles. Had a cart ready for Well .ca and phooey, missed it by thaat much. Fingers crossed for some good coupon stacking at Rexall this week to get me those miles!

That moment when you have your 3rd transaction ready to submit, it's 11:54 and the internet stutters meaning you just missed out on 250 miles. Had a cart ready for Well .ca and phooey, missed it by thaat much. Fingers crossed for some good coupon stacking at Rexall this week to get me those miles!
View attachment 419092

Was this for the Christmas in July? It's still going - until July 28th.

Was this for the Christmas in July? It's still going - until July 28th.
Well colour me stupid! That was the 3rd time I got caught thinking yesterday WAS the 28th! Now I'll need to do some math and figure out what my best plan of action is, do I order my stuff from well .ca or wait till tomorrow and get everything at Rexall. If there's an email coupon it will show up soon, I have a threshold spend and a few loaded offers. Plus shopping on Tuesday saves me money cause, old lady discount and money in my pocket is always better than miles in my account!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!