AirMiles and HBC

Gigi22

DIS Veteran
I thought that HBC had disassociated from AirMiles. But looking at my AM account online, I am still earning AM points from the conversion of HBC points. Are others noticing this too?
Thanks!

I don't shop at HBC but the conversion was an offer in MegaMiles so I imagine it still happens.

I think @Donald - my hero shops at HBC a lot? perhaps she has some insight.

I do know I used to get HBC points for getting gas at PetroCan (I don't really know why) and every so often they would convert to Airmiles. So that was always a little bonus. But I haven't gotten gas there in ages, or in general very often, so not sure if it still happens.

I just shopped at the Bay thru the airmiles shoppes. They had left the site for a while but I think we got an email awhile ago stating that they had returned. I had still been getting my points conversion sent from Bay Rewards to Airmiles so that still happened even though you didn't earn points thru the portal.

Yup, as mentioned above HBC is still connected to Airmiles along with several other partners as well:
  • Asking Canadians is a survey company that gives HBC points as rewards (i tend not to do them very often because I'm fairly sure they're the same surveys I get from Airmiles and the return is better!)
  • Petro Points- once these 2 accounts are linked you earn 20% more points at BOTH
  • RBC rewards (don't know anything about this since it doesn't apply to us)
  • And Airmiles using the same crazy formula as before, 40 HBC points = 1 airmile, transferred weekly with the remaining HBC points staying there forever, there's also some thing connected to being Gold/ONYX and whatever HBC calls their different levels that gives you bonus miles quarterly

The issue that had some people thinking they had left Airmiles is actually connected to COVID (yeah, one more thing!) As everyone moved to online shopping several stores saw their volume grow beyond what they wanted to "pay" out to any reward program (they actually have to pay Airmiles for the miles we "earn") and they disappeared from all online shopping portals. Amazon was another that vanished for several months, can't imagine how much that would have cost them!!!

They're back in the portal for online shopping and until the 2nd have a 2X multiplier. Love me my Bay!!!!

Last edited:
Yup, as mentioned above HBC is still connected to Airmiles along with several other partners as well:
Asking Canadians is a survey company that gives HBC points as rewards (i tend not to do them very often because I'm fairly sure they're the same surveys I get from Airmiles and the return is better!)Petro Points- once these 2 accounts are linked you earn 20% more points at BOTHRBC rewards (don't know anything about this since it doesn't apply to us) And Airmiles using the same crazy formula as before, 40 HBC points = 1 airmile, transferred weekly with the remaining HBC points staying there forever, there's also some thing connected to being Gold/ONYX and whatever HBC calls their different levels that gives you bonus miles quarterly

The issue that had some people thinking they had left Airmiles is actually connected to COVID (yeah, one more thing!) As everyone moved to online shopping several stores saw their volume grow beyond what they wanted to "pay" out to any reward program (they actually have to pay Airmiles for the miles we "earn") and they disappeared from all online shopping portals. Amazon was another that vanished for several months, can't imagine how much that would have cost them!!!

They're back in the portal for online shopping and until the 2nd have a 2X multiplier. Love me my Bay!!!!

Thanks Donald!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter