Airmiles Mega Miles BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED!!

Was Sobey's an opt-in thing? Trying to get this straightened out with Air Miles and Pam at Facebook says that it was an opt-in thing at Sobeys and I needed to spend $150 dollars. I'm pretty sure I bought a $150 gift card and then used it. My account shows 190 Air Miles. Of course, I don't have the receipt anymore since I thought it had posted on my account.

Last edited:
Was Sobey's an opt-in thing? Trying to get this straightened out with Air Miles and Pam at Facebook says that it was an opt-in thing at Sobeys and I needed to spend $150 dollars. I'm pretty sure I bought a $150 gift card and then used it. My account shows 190 Air Miles. Of course, I don't have the receipt anymore since I thought it had posted on my account.

Coupon, it wasn't worth a lot of AM to be honest, I think I got 13 or something from it. The giftcard purchase was not the MM offer.

Coupon, it wasn't worth a lot of AM to be honest, I think I got 13 or something from it. The giftcard purchase was not the MM offer.

View attachment 535056

Thanks. What I did was purchase the gift card and then use the gift card towards my grocery order of $183. I have my receipt for my gift card but not for my grocery order of $183. Somehow, my base miles are not showing on my account, just the bonus miles which was 190 for that week. Apparently the base miles are supposed to post separately showing how much money was spent?

Every single promotion is the same run around for me.

Last edited:
Is that just through Air Miles Canada Facebook page? Do you just send them a pm with all the details?'

Yes, it took the rep maybe 15 minutes to respond to me originally but once she did, it was a pretty fast process!

When I facebooked airmiles it took a bit for them to reply to me and it was weird that she didn't even ask to see my receipts. I told them the day, store and amount that I spent and how many airmiles I thought I was missing and other than me getting confused about the 25x value I got all my miles. I had all the paperwork ready but they didn't need it but I did have it all ready just in case.

I got my 1,000 airmiles but my wife only got 300. Her Tim Br Mart coupon (75 miles) didn’t go through as well as Jiffy Lube coupon (20 miles) . Airmiles rep was amazing and within 15 minutes, my wife’s account was credited 795 airmiles . Sweet !

If anyone is looking at their account, can they check their Sobey's report on their account for this promotion. In particular I want to know what your "base" miles state and what your "bonus" state for the transaction. I seem to have bonus miles but no base miles and that is why I am not getting any credit for it.

Thanks so much.

If anyone is looking at their account, can they check their Sobey's report on their account for this promotion. In particular I want to know what your "base" miles state and what your "bonus" state for the transaction. I seem to have bonus miles but no base miles and that is why I am not getting any credit for it.

Thanks so much.

So Sobeys posts weekly, I did my shopping on Aug 16 but the points posted as Aug 22 because that's the end of their week... not sure if that helps or not? The points are all bundled up though, so I got 11 base points, and all the bonus points were mixed up. Nothing posted as MegaMiles sadly.

Can you not get some kind of cancellation insurance? Not sure how much that would cost but it would give you piece of mind about getting your AM back.

And you made me look at the April dates I've been wondering if it would be safe to book, which are 25% off, so yeah... I have enough AM for the direct flights.

I got too ancy and booked the non-stops for my dates in September next year (September 4 and 12). The non-stops were the perfect times (early in on arrival, late out on departure lol) and for the least amount of Airmiles and I just couldn't resist.

I took a look though a whole bunch of insurance offers. Airmiles offers cancellation insurance through Manulife but this does not cover COVID related issues from what I gathered when reading the terms so I didn't get that one. Air Canada (flying with Air Canada Rouge) is also giving out complimentary Manulife COVID insurance but only until April 2021 (who knows what they'll do post-April). Airmiles themselves is allowing refunds for the COVID affected flights but only until December 31, 2020 (once again, who knows if they'll continue this into the new year, hopefully lol) but right now between those I'd be SOL.

My only potential saving grace right now is that Air Canada is also offering 1 complimentary free change or refund/conversation to voucher for any travel until December 31, 2021 so I could potentially use that but it does note that this is only for flights booked directly with them (which I did not obviously), however, it notes that they're working on making it available for travel agencies and according to the Airmiles COVID Travel FAQs for Air Canada, they are offering travel credits for the non-refundable bookings to a voucher good for 24 months so I'm hopeful I'll fall under that if the doody hits the fan next year.

We'll see, I know I'm taking a risk. I might be kicking myself next year lol.

Another promo has wrapped up and if you haven't had your bonus miles post yet or if you didn't get the amount you were expecting here's a few tips
  • if you're unsure of what the terms of a specific coupon were and how many miles it was worth you can check the first page for the complete file of offers for your region in either post #3 or #8
  • Contact Airmiles using your preferred method of communication - phone, online chat thru their website or Facebook Messenger (FB is my preferred method if I'm busy because i will get a notification when they reply. This usually works quicker than the other 2 options)
  • Make sure you have the proper info handy first pertaining to ALL of the coupons you used - total of transaction, store (either online or instore), date of transaction, number of miles you are missing from both the coupon(s) and the final bonus
  • IF you either didn't keep your receipts or have misplaced them and you used a credit card you can check your statements to get the info needed and that should be enough (unless you get a stickler of an agent who insists on seeing copies of actual receipts - never needed to provide that in the entire time I've been collecting but i know some have been asked) It's a really good idea during these promos to hold onto every single piece of paper until the final bonus posts, just saves headaches & time if you need to do some chasing

I did online chat this morning. The wait was under a minute and they resolved my missing Staples points. Fortunately I didn't need the Staples coupon for the big bonus but I wasn't going to leave 144AM on the table either. All finished, ready for Shop the Block. (spending hiatus until then)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts