Airmiles Mega Miles BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED!!

This is the first promo I haven't kept receipts for. I'm totally kicking myself. I gave them the Staples invoice, and the dates the other 4 offers posted, but of course Sobeys didn't post clearly as Megamiles, just bonus mile lumped in with all the other bonus miles. Fingers crossed I gave them enough. Bah.

What was the staples offer ?
I got it but the one I used for my sons only posted two miles and I see that order on my credit card was divided into 3 separate transactions .. I think it was prob my fifth

yay!

my card posted fine. my wife’s didn’t, but i’m not surprised. her airmilesshops never posted, and i think there might be a problem with the liquor store offers (different logos on the receipts, but a combo posted online?).

i’m hoping i have an easy time fixing it. it sounds like air miles is being quick with fixes this time around!

Edit: used the chat through the website and easily resolved things.

Bring on the next promo, air miles!!

Last edited:
I facebooked Airmiles and got my missing miles. I was confused about the staples offer and thought I was getting more miles but after enlarging the coupon (from Jacqueline) I see that the 25x offer was on the Staples offer of 1 mile for every $40 spent not the 1 mile for every $20 spent which is the airmilles shoppes offer. Oh well missing miles returned are still miles earned.

I facebooked Airmiles and got my missing miles. I was confused about the staples offer and thought I was getting more miles but after enlarging the coupon (from Jacqueline) I see that the 25x offer was on the Staples offer of 1 mile for every $40 spent not the 1 mile for every $20 spent which is the airmilles shoppes offer. Oh well missing miles returned are still miles earned.

Thanks for the reminder about messaging them on Facebook! I just did that and got my missing 64 miles from buying Lego through airmilesshops, it was really quick and easy!

My Mega Miles posted too. Got the full 1000 AM although I never did get the bonus miles from Staples, only the base and AirMileshops. I’m ok with that though since I don’t have to fight for the 1000.

Mine posted as well (1000). I am pleased, I normally have to chase Airmiles to get the bonus miles for any of their big promos.

Now I have enough to book flights for my (hopeful) WDW vacation in September next year and I'm seriously itching to book but I wonder if I should wait given the situation. I would hate to book and then not be able to go, basically throwing away the miles.

EDIT: OMG, Airmiles has all the flights for my dates next year at the lowest rates, including the non-stops... Airmiles, why you gotta do this to me. :tongue:

Last edited:
Mine posted as well (1000). I am pleased, I normally have to chase Airmiles to get the bonus miles for any of their big promos.

Now I have enough to book flights for my (hopeful) WDW vacation in September next year and I'm seriously itching to book but I wonder if I should wait given the situation. I would hate to book and then not be able to go, basically throwing away the miles.

EDIT: OMG, Airmiles has all the flights for my dates next year at the lowest rates, including the non-stops... Airmiles, why you gotta do this to me. :tongue:

Can you not get some kind of cancellation insurance? Not sure how much that would cost but it would give you piece of mind about getting your AM back.

And you made me look at the April dates I've been wondering if it would be safe to book, which are 25% off, so yeah... I have enough AM for the direct flights.

Last edited:
I only did 3 transactions (Shell, Childrens Place, AMS) - they all posted correctly and I got my 300 miles posted without any fighting. That's better than any other bonus, so I'll treat it as a win.

Hopefully the next promo will have more options, and fewer of the one time chance (and cars!). I won't spend money just for miles, especially since the best value for me is hotels and I won't be travelling soon, so I'm not pushing to collect right now.

Thanks for the reminder about messaging them on Facebook! I just did that and got my missing 64 miles from buying Lego through airmilesshops, it was really quick and easy!

Is that just through Air Miles Canada Facebook page? Do you just send them a pm with all the details?'

Just be very careful because once things become “normal” it’s harder and harder to cancel get credit.
JetBlue was great when I cancelled my first set of flights I got a two year credit but for my Christmas flight I will only get a year from the day I cancel because now it’s “normal operations” I explained our border may still be closed at that point and they said maybe it will change but it didn’t seem promising
I have dvc booked for end of May but am reluctant to use my credit and book yet because not sure what will happen if I can’t cross by then or don’t feel safe. Which socks because a rates now are good

Can you not get some kind of cancellation insurance? Not sure how much that would cost but it would give you piece of mind about getting your AM back.

And you made me look at the April dates I've been wondering if it would be safe to book, which are 25% off, so yeah... I have enough AM for the direct flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter