Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

Hey everyone - just wondering in particular if anyone in the Ottawa area is having this same issue

I have 2 Sobeys nearby - Stittsville and Kanata. Neither seem to be participating in Mega Miles. The Stittsville one has the pharmacy and they would not accept the coupon I printed out for the $10 buy (I rehashed this in an earlier post). Last Friday I asked the customer service/checkout that was open if they had the books and they literally had no idea what I was talking about. Slow to start I accepted. Well I went back there tonight because I'm sick and wanted cough syrup - figured I would use the pharm coupon.....no go - won't accept printout. They literally don't know what it is and suggested I'm likely confusing it with a promotion at the Superstore! I asked them about the gift card promo this weekend...same thing literally no idea what I was talking about. Funny thing is that the flyer this week had a big banner for mega miles.

Are other Sobeys in Ottawa participating? Sobeys does have corp vs franchise stores (I actually used to work for Sobeys head office so I know a thing about their operations) so I'm wondering if perhaps franchise stores are not participating?

Weird... I've never had an AM sponsor not take a coupon in the past year or so I have been collecting. I would ask to speak to a manager. As if they wouldn't just try scanning the coupon and seeing what happens!

Now... the $150 GC 150AM coupon is only valid this coming Fri-Sun so I could see them telling you a coupon isnt valid. But otherwise that's so odd / rude!

Stopped at Shell on my way home from work today (because the price was $1.11)...used my Mega Miles coupon...and as I was walking back to my van...slapped my head because I paid with cash instead of using my AMEX.

I saw a post where someone went to Walmart and used the self checkout and paid for each item separately on her AMEX to get to her 20 transactions...I have 6, need 12 more....if the deadline gets closer and I do not have 20, I will visit Walmart...

I've used the Walmart self checkout before in order to fulfill the transactions needed for other air miles credit card offers in the past. I would only split it up into 2 or 3 transactions at most. I've also asked the cashier at the regular checkout to do the same. Only when there's no lineup behind me though.

At the office, I usually go down to the PATH system to get my morning coffee with colleagues but now I'll *try* to go down for an afternoon coffee as well. I should have no problem doing both the MC and AMEX offers.

Hey everyone - just wondering in particular if anyone in the Ottawa area is having this same issue

I have 2 Sobeys nearby - Stittsville and Kanata. Neither seem to be participating in Mega Miles. The Stittsville one has the pharmacy and they would not accept the coupon I printed out for the $10 buy (I rehashed this in an earlier post). Last Friday I asked the customer service/checkout that was open if they had the books and they literally had no idea what I was talking about. Slow to start I accepted. Well I went back there tonight because I'm sick and wanted cough syrup - figured I would use the pharm coupon.....no go - won't accept printout. They literally don't know what it is and suggested I'm likely confusing it with a promotion at the Superstore! I asked them about the gift card promo this weekend...same thing literally no idea what I was talking about. Funny thing is that the flyer this week had a big banner for mega miles.

Are other Sobeys in Ottawa participating? Sobeys does have corp vs franchise stores (I actually used to work for Sobeys head office so I know a thing about their operations) so I'm wondering if perhaps franchise stores are not participating?
Weird. Dh and I were just commenting that we haven’t seen the books at our Sobey’s either. I wasn’t too surprised by this because my Sobey’s is awful when it comes to airmiles. They clearly don’t get any training on any of the promos. But maybe it’s not just my store?

Can anyone tell me if the Sobey's Gift card actually says on the BACK of it where all it can be redeemed? I'd like to buy one specifically to use at our local Freshco but don't want to go through all the trouble (driving 40kms to Sobey's) if they won't accept it at Freshco (I'm not good with confrontation) :(

I have used the GC at Sobey's, Foodland and FreshCo successfully last year when they had the $150 gets 150 AM.

I saw a post where someone went to Walmart and used the self checkout and paid for each item separately on her AMEX to get to her 20 transactions...I have 6, need 12 more....if the deadline gets closer and I do not have 20, I will visit Walmart...

LOL - great idea! Thanks.

Weird. Dh and I were just commenting that we haven’t seen the books at our Sobey’s either. I wasn’t too surprised by this because my Sobey’s is awful when it comes to airmiles. They clearly don’t get any training on any of the promos. But maybe it’s not just my store?

My local Thrifty Foods (in Victoria) does not have the books and everyone I spoke to about it had no idea what I was talking about. However, I pulled up the Mega Miles coupon on my phone and it scanned properly. I ended up finding the books at Staples.

My local Thrifty Foods (in Victoria) does not have the books and everyone I spoke to about it had no idea what I was talking about. However, I pulled up the Mega Miles coupon on my phone and it scanned properly. I ended up finding the books at Staples.
Thank you. I think I will tell Dh if he gets any hassle to just nicely ask them to try to scan the code anyway. It will work and doesn't hurt them to try.

I just now took a closer look at the Sobeys ONTARIO flyer that ends TODAY and discovered something that slipped past me, sorry i didn't get a chance to point it out sooner. On the off chance that anyone has the time to slip out today and is wanting to use the cheaper MM coupon there are a few pharmacy related items that have bonus miles attached to them allowing you to do some double dipping. Moral of the story, the Duck needs to read the flyers instead of just posting links, sorry gang.

upload_2018-3-14_11-39-55.png
upload_2018-3-14_11-40-13.png
upload_2018-3-14_11-40-36.png

Ok...now I have a question for Alberta / west collecting. I see in the new flyer...my eye drops I faithly use have AM attached to them this week. If I buy those...plus use the safeway pharmacy then want to use the regular safeway MM for another...does that count as one partner or two?

Ok...now I have a question for Alberta / west collecting. I see in the new flyer...my eye drops I faithly use have AM attached to them this week. If I buy those...plus use the safeway pharmacy then want to use the regular safeway MM for another...does that count as one partner or two?

If you go into the Alberta site and click on offers by partners, Safeway Pharmacy and Safeway come up as two different partners.

Things much be reaching a fevered pitch in your household about now, how's the pregnancy progressing? You're right on track to get your MM done and to continue making more because ... diapers!!

ETA i was updating the online shopping info and noticed that Thyme Maternity has a 5X multiplier currently thru the portal

Fevered pitch, for sure! The pregnancy is going well, but I’m honestly ready for the baby to just be here already. 2 more months—hoping time will fly by.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered a bunch of baby clothes from bed bath and beyond earlier this week, and just got an email saying most of it was out of stock so my order was cancelled. So I have to add another shop to meet the mega miles coupon. :badpc:

oh, a few more ideas for anyone trying to reach 20 purchases on AmEx or MasterCard:

- I pay library fines online, and break it into multiple 2 or 3$ purchases

- use your card to pay for parking, and if possible break it up too! so instead of paying 2 hours, I might pay 2 x 1 hour (assuming its the same price)

I personally love the coupons that require a certain number of transactions vs. a spend minimum!

Thank you. I think I will tell Dh if he gets any hassle to just nicely ask them to try to scan the code anyway. It will work and doesn't hurt them to try.

It does say on the Sobeys website and the AM site "at participating Sobeys locations" which i think is just CYA comment but if you're in a store where you KNOW they participate in the AM programme then they HAVE to participate in these big promos, they can't simply pick & choose which offers they will honour. The store i had trouble getting a booklet last week even had a big sign saying "Earn MegaMiles" that the 2 cashiers were literally leaning on as they told me they have never given out AM and the booklets would come in the mail. I always have trouble in that store (Urban Fresh on College at Bay for others) so i was on FB chat once i got home --- i prefer that to online chat for general comments/questions that aren't directly related to missing miles because it will DING to let me know when they have responded since i have had a few too many of thier chat sessions close out on me when i've missed them FINALLY showing up :rolleyes1 -- and they wanted to know the specific store i had trouble at so they could refer it to the specific people who are handling this promo AND to pass up the chain to the department that is responsible for individual sponsors.
Long way of saying i would recommend letting AM know that certain stores are giving you a hassle so they can address the problem.

Sobeys MegaMiles offer about buying giftcards has been all over the radio this morning, and last night I believe as well (in Ottawa). So they had better not give a hard time doing that at least! I was going to use the $10 at the pharmacy but given the people having issues I will skip that one and hope for something else.

Sobeys MegaMiles offer about buying giftcards has been all over the radio this morning, and last night I believe as well (in Ottawa). So they had better not give a hard time doing that at least! I was going to use the $10 at the pharmacy but given the people having issues I will skip that one and hope for something else.

Which station/s? I'm trying to figure out how early tomorrow I will have to go out to get my GC's.

I picked up two new booklets at shell tonight and the Sobeys coupons are in them. Still none at Sobeys but yet as mentioned they have a big sign but staff is clueless

Sobeys shouldn't run out, should they? Most people will go in an just pick up one GC. I'm hoping most people would do something about it on the weekend ( or after work on Friday). I suppose if they ran out we could always get a rain check for the GC to get the AM when they are back in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!