Airmiles Shop -- Contact AM NOW to get any missing miles

does anyone know which retailers participate?
"This offer is valid on the purchase of gift cards only at online retailers who regularly offer Miles on gift card purchases."

Indigo does. To find others you'll have to go shop by shop and see if they're excluded. Click on the Shop Info and it will be there if they are excluded.

Do you know where online it says Indigo regularly offers miles on gift card purchases? I would like to take a screenshot of that.

I cannot locate it on Air Miles or Indigo's website. I phoned the 800 # for Indigo and the lady who I spoke with said no air miles are offered for gift cards.

I tried chatting to Air Miles and was told the same thing.

I would love to purchase an Indigo gift card on their website for my husband's air miles shop if this really is possible!

Its not that they offer Airmiles on GC its more that you can purchase a GC as part of the promotion and it will count towards your $20 spend at a store. I haven't personally done it. I was basing this on what others have reported doing and being successful with in another discussion board. PM me and I'll give you the link to the Discussion board where I found it. Begins with Red though :ssst:.

I'm thinking if you tried it, bought a $25 GC. That should generate a 1AM (1AM for $20 spent). Indigo posts really fast (2, 3 days at most). You would know for certain if it worked or not.

Its not that they offer Airmiles on GC its more that you can purchase a GC as part of the promotion and it will count towards your $20 spend at a store. I haven't personally done it. I was basing this on what others have reported doing and being successful with in another discussion board. PM me and I'll give you the link to the Discussion board where I found it. Begins with Red though :ssst:.

I'm thinking if you tried it, bought a $25 GC. That should generate a 1AM (1AM for $20 spent). Indigo posts really fast (2, 3 days at most). You would know for certain if it worked or not.

Hmm.. ok, thanks. I might give this a try. I have a month and would like to get the BTS (back-to-school) 1,000 miles on my husband's card as well if I can. If we don't need to touch his mile for US tickets in Jan/Feb, I can count his miles has half-way there towards a new computer instead.

If I do, I'll let you all know how it worked out!

Question about Amazon: Can a friend order something through their Amazon Prime but use my Airmiles link? TIA :)

The way i would suggest handling this is to get the info from your friend for their Prime account (sign in info ..) so that YOU can do the ordering. OR you'll need to give them your Airmiles info so they can sign into your account before they place the order. Whichever way you do it make sure the Amazon cart is COMPLETELY empty before you start your order or NONE of your items will earn miles. Hope that makes sense.

Didn't SportChek used to be on the AirMileShop? Since the kids need new sneakers for school I thought I could make that my 6th shop but it's not there now.

Oh no, yes you are correct! I buy there every year during the pre-Christmas Megamiles promo. For the spring Shop the Block I wrote down I shopped at Marks as well, didn't see them on the list so I though I messed up my records, perhaps not!

Edit: Just checked the history on the main airmiles thread, both Sportchek and Marks were definitely there before so Canadian Tire has pulled out of airmiles.

Awww Canadian Tire used to be on the AirMileShops? Darn. I wanted to purchase the ceiling fan light fixture from there (cheaper price than Rona) but didn't see them.

Yup, correct, both Mark's & Sportchek were on the airmiles portal but when the new Triangle programme launched they flew the coop. Marks is still in the Aeroplan online list though if that works for anyone. Canadian tire was never part of online shopping and if you do order anything they only ship to stores for pickup

2 down, 3 to go ordered from Amazon & The Bay on the 7th. Both arrived on the 9th and miles both posted late last night dated the 7th.

upload_2018-8-11_14-53-42.png

Great. I screwed up my shop already. :rolleyes: I have to return the ceiling fan/light fixture I purchase from Rona. When the description says 42" I thought it meant the blades were literally 42" long. No... The blades are way shorter than the one she had. Too short.

I checked Rona, Lowe's, Canadian Tire and Home Depot. Unless I want to pay $170 or $160 or $150 (with cage style light fixture instead of glass shades) for a 52", Home Depot it is at $87 for a 52" ceiling fan.

Now I need another shop.

EDITED: Ok, that was easy. :) I did a shop at The Source. Picked up 2 USB sticks. One as a Christmas present for my husband. Did you know there is now such a thing as dual USB sticks? One side has a regular USB for the computer, the other side a mini USB for phones/tablets, etc. He'll love that.

Last edited:
Can anyone help? I did my online shop for staples, school supplies for kiddos, pre-tax was around $22. I opted to pick up at store to save shipping fee, and when i picked up my order they didn't have everything i ordered. Two items that were around $5 each, they said they didn't have, and that i wouldn't be charged for. So i assumed that that shop won't count, however I shoped on Wednesday and picked up the order Thursday and today my one Airmile posted to my account. Does it count? or not?

Maybe i should so a sixth to be safe?? What do you guys think??

Just placed my 3rd order and while I'm not 100% sure it will count due to the number of confusing comments on the AM site i'm still happy with my purchase! From Groupon -- how vague is THIS?!?! Which offers are "certain" ones???
Offer not eligible on purchases through Groupon Freebies, Groupon Invitation Only Deals, Certain Promotional Deals, Donations, and purchases of Groupon Gift Cards or Groupon eGift cards. Not eligible on orders placed through Groupon mobile app.

So far I'm only out the cash for the order from the Bay and even that i had codes for to reduce the costs:

• The Bay -- socks for hubby & a bra for me all over 50% off plus extra 15% for using the HBC card
  • Amazon-- case, screen protector, USB adapters & cable for the new phone --ALL covered by survey money
  • Groupon-- USB Tower charging hub -- ALSO free using survey money
I might be able to get this promo done after all without breaking the bank

If anyone uses Bumble and Bumble products, they have 15% off + free shipping on your first order when you sign up for their emails. Plus they have the 3x multiplier right now. I do like their dry shampoo (a little goes a long way!) and I'm trying to spend the minimum amount possible and find free shipping to do this AM promo :)

I found a code in my junk mail from Underarmour yesterday - $40 off $100 order. So if you get the Underarmour emails usually, check if you received one. You can use it on outlet purchases. And it counts as one shop! And it expires today...

Last edited:
Do you know where online it says Indigo regularly offers miles on gift card purchases? I would like to take a screenshot of that.

I cannot locate it on Air Miles or Indigo's website. I phoned the 800 # for Indigo and the lady who I spoke with said no air miles are offered for gift cards.

I tried chatting to Air Miles and was told the same thing.

I would love to purchase an Indigo gift card on their website for my husband's air miles shop if this really is possible!

I just ordered a physical 25$ GC from Indigo going thru airmilesshops.ca as I am very curious if we get AM or not for the purchase of GCs (would be a game-changer for me) and I will report as soon as I see if my AM posted. This order is my 5th but if it doesn't post by Friday I will place another Indigo order (books) to count in the promo.

Finally had my amazon shop AM post... still missing chapters (and the gap).

I also saw that UA code... I wonder if I should use it for kiddos shoes. I'll have to check the site I guess. I got him "fancy" kangaroo shoes from payless :) the actual store ;) he likes them because they have a pocket in them. I remember those shoes from when I was a kid.

Finally had my amazon shop AM post... still missing chapters (and the gap).

I also saw that UA code... I wonder if I should use it for kiddos shoes. I'll have to check the site I guess. I got him "fancy" kangaroo shoes from payless :) the actual store ;) he likes them because they have a pocket in them. I remember those shoes from when I was a kid.

I don't have Indigo yet either. I ordered on the 9th.

Going for a second time around using sons airmiles card.
steps :tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:
1. I logged on using his airmiles card number and PIN
2. I went to airmiles shop
3. I logged on again using his airmiles number
4. I used my email and address and credit card to purchase.(hope this is ok)
shopped:
Indigo --free shipping
Forever21--will pick up at store
Old Navy--$8.00 shipping
Linen Chest--will pick up at store
Lowes--Now Amazon.ca--free shipping over $35.00

Lowes called me and cancelled an order so I ended up ordering something from Amazon but I had my son clear his shopping cart out before I did this.

Do you think I followed the correct way to get the airmiles?
Thanks and Hugs Mel

Going for a second time around using sons airmiles card.
steps :tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:
1. I logged on using his airmiles card number and PIN
2. I went to airmiles shop
3. I logged on again using his airmiles number
4. I used my email and address and credit card to purchase.(hope this is ok)
shopped:
Indigo --free shipping
Forever21--will pick up at store
Old Navy--$8.00 shipping
Linen Chest--will pick up at store
Lowes--Now Amazon.ca--free shipping over $35.00

Lowes called me and cancelled an order so I ended up ordering something from Amazon but I had my son clear his shopping cart out before I did this.

Do you think I followed the correct way to get the airmiles?
Thanks and Hugs Mel
Yup all of that is perfect! They don't care who pays for the product, where it's shipped to or who gets the confirmation email. During the Shop the Block promo i did some birthday shopping for our son and it went straight to him from Amazon. I used a bunch of Visa Gift cards to pay for my recent orders -- works fine!!

And dang woman, I'm impressed that you were able to put together 10 transactions, I'm struggling to get 2 more done to complete my 5

I placed an UA order, used the $40 off when you spend $100, and should have put something else in the cart since I ended up losing the free shipping... didn't notice until afterwards. Oh well! Still a good deal on shoes, a t-shirt and pants. My son is all excited for the very bright orange shoes he chose. They were on sale as well, so fingers crossed they fit him. And that's 4 shops. One more to go... Microsoft in two weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter