Airmiles Shop -- Contact AM NOW to get any missing miles

I have the opposite, my French 4th grader needs more novels in English to practice her English. What are your kid favourite serie? I can suggest some well liked series from QC authors if you are interested.
We read English as well as French. Mostly English over the summer, but her home read at school is in french, but they use the photocopied paper book which don't hold her interest. Her teacher gave me a reading list in hopes of giving her material that keep her interested. English she like the Ramona series, Thea/ Geronimo Stilton. and Warrior cats books.

I've never done the online promotion before but with the in store shopping drought in Ontario I'm going to give it a try. Thinking about using:

Indigo - San Diego travel book
Old Navy - some tops
Staples - printer ink
Bentley - locks and travel accessories
Forever 21 - Mustard hoodie (thanks @bababear_50 never would have thought to look at this store for myself)

Just to make sure I'm doing this right. I sign into Airmilesshops then click on the store offer in the 2018 Back to school promotion page. I also click on the little star on the offer. This takes me to the store website and I order what I want. Airmiles don't seem to show up anywhere on the receipt I get. Is this normal? Just want to make sure before I continue and order more stuff.

My 4th grader (girl) especially love the author Catherine Girard-Audet (https://www.lesmalins.ca/catalogue/1-univers-de-catherine.html). Her favourite is the Mini Maude series (for older kids the series La vie compliquée de Léa Olivier is a classic in Quebec and for boys she has a book titled La vie quand même un peu compliquée d'Alex Gravel-Côté (https://www.lesmalins.ca/catalogue/...eme-un-peu-compliquee-d-alex-gravel-cote.html)

Another big hit (for girls) is the collection Le Grand livre de Go Girl! and she really likes the Téa Stilton books but those are found in English too.

Finally, I know boys (and girls like my oldest) are big fans of the books (I'm not sure how to translate bande-dessinées) from the author Alex A. (https://www.alexbd.com/series-bd/)

That's right. You get no indication and you can't even check with airmiles until after the time is up, so save your receipt. Some places post faster than others.

I've done chapters and the gap so far. We are just about to go shoe shopping, I'll make him try some on and see if I can order them online instead. I'll do amazon and probably old navy before the deal is over. At least I have two down! 3 to go.

I think between the boys needing some new T-shirts for school, hubby needing some new t-shirts as well and well...momma needs a couple of new tops for work :rolleyes1This should be an easy one for me to complete. Thinking I might even be able to help out my sister get some extra AM if I can work it right and not pay much for shipping. I'm also looking at maybe some snorkel sets for the boys for xmas gifts, which they will use for our trip to Mexico. Come on amazon...find Momma a deal :p

This is my plan:

My card:
Amazon (I always buy stuff on Amazon) -- Done! DH bought expensive stuff for work using my AM account!!
Indigo (books)
Gap (jeans for DH)
Dell (Eneloop batteries) -- Done! 21.99$ + tx and free shipping
Staples (ink)

DH card:
Amazon (again, I always buy stuff from Amazon)
Indigo (more books)
Old Navy (clothes for the girls)
Kobo (books for me)
Globo (shoes for back to school)

Last edited:

That's right. You get no indication and you can't even check with airmiles until after the time is up, so save your receipt. Some places post faster than others.

I've done chapters and the gap so far. We are just about to go shoe shopping, I'll make him try some on and see if I can order them online instead. I'll do amazon and probably old navy before the deal is over. At least I have two down! 3 to go.

I like Globo for online shoe shopping.

I am always unsure if Gap and an Old Navy purchase will count as 2 separate orders. I assume so because they are different stores, but they are the same company and sort of share a website.

There is a second code you can use with the GAPFRIEND for 40% off, it is GAPBEST for an additional 10% off.

40% off everything:

Offer valid from 08/07/18 at 12:01am ET to 08/08/18 at 11:59pm ET online only in Canada. Not valid on GiftCards. Not valid on GiftCards. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not value of gift cards purchased, packaging, applicable taxes or shipping & handling charges. In-store prices may vary and may differ from online prices. Online promotional codes cannot be used on in-store purchases. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. Offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. Offer subject to change without notice. Enter promo code at checkout or tap to redeem on mobile when available.

Free shipping:

Valid on www.gap.ca orders placed online in Canada only from 08/07/18 at 12:01am ET to 08/08/18 at 11:59pm ET and shipped to a single Canadian address. Please allow up to fourteen (14) days for shipments to remote locations. Must enter promo code to receive Free Every Day shipping. If you choose another shipping option, additional charges may apply. No adjustments on previous purchases. Offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Offer subject to change. Delivery time subject to change.

Extra 10% off everything:

Offer valid from 08/07/18 at 12:01am ET to 08/08/18 at 11:59pm ET online only in Canada. Not valid on GiftCards. Not valid on GiftCards. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only, not value of gift cards purchased, packaging, applicable taxes or shipping & handling charges. In-store prices may vary and may differ from online prices. Online promotional codes cannot be used on in-store purchases. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts except for the 40% off everything and free shipping offer with code GAPFRIEND. Offer is non-transferable and not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. Offer subject to change without notice. Enter promo code at checkout or tap to redeem on mobile when available

Woohoo! Best AM Shops Promo EVER!

They're separate. Just make sure after shopping at one to close the window and go to the other via the Air Miles Shops website, not the tab in the top left corner.

Also, both Gap and Old Navy were 5x Air Miles yesterday, so that was a little bonus.

I'm having trouble with Etsy and the Air Miles Back-to-school promo. I'm hoping someone has shopped at Etsy through the AirMilesShops and can explain this to me.

My understanding is when I click on the store through the AirMilesShops link, it opens a window to that store and I am suppose to stay in that window tab. NOT to open another tab.

However when I click on any item in Etsy that I want to add to my cart, it automatically opens another window on me! Is this going to void back-to-school shopping??

Hope you don't all mind that I've pulled these posts over here -- the Duck has trouble keeping things straight in her mind when it's so hot and this is so I can quickly look for and find hints to get my own shopping done :P

Answer to these posts have all been given except the ETSY stores and I'm sorry but I've never shopped thru them, hopefully someone else has and they'll chime in soon. I know a few people got excited when they were included in the "new store" promo last month

Head's up for all the book ordering peeps ... Amazon is at times tricky for awarding miles for books -- they are mentioned specifically in their lengthy terms (i'll put them in a post soon!) but i once placed an order that was ONLY tools & a book (both of which are supposedly excluded) and i got both the base & bonus miles, YMMV. Indigo on the other hand, is great for posting AND you'll earn Plum Reward Points as well if your account is linked!!!!

*** I've added the info about Amazon in this post
Terms & Conditions for Amazon ordering

Last edited:
Just to make sure I'm doing this right. I sign into Airmilesshops then click on the store offer in the 2018 Back to school promotion page. I also click on the little star on the offer. This takes me to the store website and I order what I want. Airmiles don't seem to show up anywhere on the receipt I get. Is this normal? Just want to make sure before I continue and order more stuff.

There is never any proof on your receipt that you actually successfully shopped through Airmiles. They're tricksy that way!

Hmm... my first shop was at Amazon yesterday. I ordered a Diamond Dotz (arts, crafts, sewing category) and 2 fans (home & kitchen - heating, cooling air quality category) so that order should qualify for Air Miles shouldn't it? I can't see how they would call the fans "tools and home improvement" when they were specifically in home & kitchen.

Has ANYONE been able to shop at Etsy and earn air miles successfully?? I'm having lots of trouble. Unable to place my order as Etsy keeps opening new tabs on whatever item I click on. How do I add items to my cart when Etsy keeps opening new tabs??

Hmm... my first shop was at Amazon yesterday. I ordered a Diamond Dotz (arts, crafts, sewing category) and 2 fans (home & kitchen - heating, cooling air quality category) so that order should qualify for Air Miles shouldn't it? I can't see how they would call the fans "tools and home improvement" when they were specifically in home & kitchen.

Has ANYONE been able to shop at Etsy and earn air miles successfully?? I'm having lots of trouble. Unable to place my order as Etsy keeps opening new tabs on whatever item I click on. How do I add items to my cart when Etsy keeps opening new tabs??
I've ordered all of the things on their excluded lists and ALWAYS earned miles but then I rarely order anything that isn't a mash up of a lot of different items so maybe that confuses the system :P Even if you don't earn the miles (hard to know) it should still qualify for this promo IHMO because it says to make sure you spend $20 and some stores have higher thresholds.

I just added a list of all of the stores that have multiplier offers so we'll be able to refer to it later if we need to chase down miles. Some expire sooner than the Sept 9th date for this promo so pay attention to the list, I'll update it as time goes by.

Multiplier Offers

I'm still waiting on my 1 airmile for an Etsy order I placed during the "new shop" promo. I chatted and they said I have to wait 120 days. So I am guessing it didn't work, and I won't get the bonus. I would put things in my cart in the new window and go back to the original window to check out, but not sure if it worked.

if you've somehow made a mistake and clicked thru to shop before you've entered your Airmiles number you will see a BIG warning that looks like this to give you a chance to sign in (yes, i'm looking at Groupon, been a bit and they sent me a 50% code!!)WOW holy big image Batman :P
upload_2018-8-8_16-14-18.png

****ETA the code is on the site so it's for everyone to use --enter the code FIFTY on the checkout page

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on my 1 airmile for an Etsy order I placed during the "new shop" promo. I chatted and they said I have to wait 120 days. So I am guessing it didn't work, and I won't get the bonus. I would put things in my cart in the new window and go back to the original window to check out, but not sure if it worked.

Super paranoid about this happening so I made note of items I was interested in the old fashioned way (pen and paper):D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts