Airmiles Shop -- Contact AM NOW to get any missing miles

Super paranoid about this happening so I made note of items I was interested in the old fashioned way (pen and paper):D

But when you went through AirMilesShops to Etsy and looked for the items you wanted to add to your cart, when you clicked on the items did Etsy bring up a NEW tab or window with that item?

That's what's happening to me. Across 3 browsers and 2 different computers.

I chatted with Air Miles who said all the orders had to be within their window that opens to Etsy.

I phoned Etsy who said their website was changed a month or two ago and any item clicked on will bring up a new window now.

I have no idea who's right or wrong. I'm frustrated because I have $20 worth of stuff to order as it is and would like it to count toward the 5 shops. (sigh)

But when you went through AirMilesShops to Etsy and looked for the items you wanted to add to your cart, when you clicked on the items did Etsy bring up a NEW tab or window with that item?

That's what's happening to me. Across 3 browsers and 2 different computers.

I chatted with Air Miles who said all the orders had to be within their window that opens to Etsy.

I phoned Etsy who said their website was changed a month or two ago and any item clicked on will bring up a new window now.

I have no idea who's right or wrong. I'm frustrated because I have $20 worth of stuff to order as it is and would like it to count toward the 5 shops. (sigh)

What I suggest is you keep the page AM opens there, and use the others to "add to cart" then go back to the page AM opened and click on your cart. Everything should be there and you should be able to check out from there. However, as I mentioned, I'm still waiting on my order's point and it's been awhile but now I can't remember what I did when I ordered, maybe I screwed up. I have to wait 120 days to put in a claim. It was very annoying though. At least if i did it through Ebates the little icon indicates I'm still ok. AM doesn't have that and it's annoying. It's why I really only order through the airmiles shop for promotions like this, even if it would be a better deal than using Ebates. With Ebates at least I get everything easily or just fill out a claim form after a week or so and I get the money added. I wish airmiles shop worked more reliably!

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not -- quick search didn't bring anything up -- poking around the site to see what i might need and found this on the Garage site They also have free shipping to stores NICE way to let you know you've landed on the right page. Linen Chest is similar but no special discount
upload_2018-8-9_0-3-44.png

Is anyone doing an "extra" just in case order with this promo? Or is keeping the receipts enough to ensure AM will make it right?

Is anyone doing an "extra" just in case order with this promo? Or is keeping the receipts enough to ensure AM will make it right?

Not really, but there is one store I'll be avoiding ... Staples has a TERRIBLE track record for any of the large promos and AM seems to be aware of the fact every time I complain. They're great on a normal day, when they don't have multipliers or promos to participate in as well as in store but they repeatedly fall short of the mark during these promos.

I'm keeping my credit card statement and watching that all the 5 stores I shopped at post the base airmiles.
This morning Indigo and Old Navy posted the base miles for me.
This is my first time shopping online for a Promo (airmiles).
Hugs Mel

I keep receipts and start a spreadsheet to track purchases for each promo because for both Shop the Block and Mega Miles, I only received half of the miles and had to contact support to get credited the rest. Just yesterday I had to contact support to get some missing bonus miles from the Mega Miles promo as it was 120+ days past the purchase date and I could now report them missing. Totally would have forgot without the spreadsheet. It's a pain but will be worth it once I'm on vacation using miles.

I will make all my order early in the promo so if I see one of them didn't post early Sept I will do a 6th. I label all the e-mail receipts I have for this promo with Airmiles (I have gmail) so I can find them quickly if I need to. I also keep track of the amount before tax and order # on paper.

Not really, but there is one store I'll be avoiding ... Staples has a TERRIBLE track record for any of the large promos and AM seems to be aware of the fact every time I complain. They're great on a normal day, when they don't have multipliers or promos to participate in as well as in store but they repeatedly fall short of the mark during these promos.

I forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. Instead of buying my ink there I will order it from Canon instead since they have free shipping (no minimum for ink). I just don't like that Canon uses Purolator and it's a hassle to go to my local Puralotor office.

The only place that had what I wanted was Staples for one item, so I'm crossing my fingers that I won't experience any issues. I've had luck with them before, but I know they can be a pain for others.
I also did a second shop today by booking a hotel through Expedia, but I chose the "pay later" option and I travel after the promo ends so I don't know if it will count. Might have to find a 6th place to spend $20 just in case.
We're only doing the offers on one card. Between two kids going back to school, just returning from vacation, saving for a March vacation and the $1000 not covered in my sons upcoming wisdom tooth removal, it's just a bad idea to be spending all over the place. One card will have to do for this promo.

I will have to keep an eye on Staples. DH bought some software there the other day and it posted already (I know, he couldn't wait for an online order). I'm hoping my online one comes through quickly :worship:. I guess I will hold off and see how everything posts and decide later about a 6th shop. Thanks for all the feedback.

We should really post about when we receive our AM for the online shop. (ie how many days after you ordered, or order was shipped). This will let others know what to expect with their own order.

So far it looks like Indigo and Old Navy are quick at posting. (per others responses)

2 out of 5 shops done.
Amazon - needed a back up vacuum for my housecleaners as my Dyson only works for 20 mins. Just got an inexpensive Bissell stick vac that Amazon recommended. $40.
Old Navy - got the kids 12 pairs of black leggings for $50. (And got back $20 in Super Cash.) Used the 30% code as well.

Remaining:
Probably Olaplex #3 from Sephora.
And not sure on the 4th and 5th yet.

This is for my card and I'm going to try to get my husband to do the promo on his card too. As long as we have enough purchases to make that we would need to make regardless of the promo.

Last edited:
I don't typically do the airmilesshop deals but I'm going to give it a try this time! Not sure if I will get 5 but I've got 3 done today.

1. Indigo - card game for Christmas gift
2. Staples - stuff for our office plus school supplies for the boy
3. Amazon - bike lock for DH and toy for the bird

I ordered some fancy coloured pencils for DD from Amazon, some drawing pencils and other school supplies from Staples. spent more than the minimum before taxes. Still have some more stuff to buy when she gets home from camp. Will buy some book from Indigo, and some clothes from old navy, and children place

This just popped up in my e-mail gang...

View attachment 342688

Stop!!!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Online shopping could become an addiction for me.
I went to square one:moped: to pick up the order I made yesterday (Forever 21) and came home to see this,,,,I liked the the quality of the light blue Hoodie sooooooo
I just ordered two more.:o
The 40% off is actually a great deal. $13.79 each.
Thanks for sharing
Hugs Mel

I will be doing an "extra". I have to order digital scrapbooking stuff of Etsy as I've been promising my daughter for ages. I have real doubts on whether I'll get the air miles as it keeps popping open a new tab on each item I click. So far no one has reported receiving air miles from an Etsy order since they joined Air Miles.

I'll be keeping track via spreadsheet, e-mails and screenshots every step of the way for every order I make.

I received my Indigo order today.
Just sharing.
Inside the box is a coupon
ONLINE ONLY
"Here's To The Weekend"
Fri-Sun
On regular priced home decor,fashion,toy, baby,and paper
Enter Promo code
SUNSHINE15
At online checkout

Hugs Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!