Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

I have a question on the spend the Cash Miles. I've never done that (but I've saved 288 for this promotion). Do you just have to have spent $10 to redeem the $10? Or is there a different minimum?

Usually it is redeem 95 Cash miles ($10) towards your purchase and receive X AM. You buy whatever groceries you want so long as they are more than $10 and pay whatever amount is > $10. I've been known to purchase $10.25 worth of food and been out of pocket .25.

Correct and it was the chocolate bars & shampoo that those of us living in Ontario bought for others to help complete the promo. We ended up with a TON of chocolate and the foodbank got all of the shampoo!
Yup...as you did a shop for me as well...keeping the chocolate and donating the shampoo. It helped me to achieve the 2000 AM. I'm glad we get an extra 2 Weeks...as we are heading to the big city for Xmas to spend it with the DD and future sil and hopefully i can get a Rexall shop in or a HBC, as I can't remember the last time I shopped that store.

YES, if you buy a gift card in Shell it will count as an in store purchase -- UNLESS it's a Shell gift card, all others do earn you miles. My thought was to buy a gift card from Shell to use somewhere else during the promo?? For example, get a card for Amazon and then use it for an online purchase (they usually have a coupon attached to the airmilesshop website)
Good thinking! I have been withholding Amazon.ca purchases for the STB promo!! Love being able to kill two birds with one stone

I almost ordered Miss Fresh last week, I am so glad I waited!
I ordered it in Sept (or was it Oct???) and liked it a lot. I'm going to order it on my DD's account this time around. Not sure if it will work because the address is the same but it's worth a try.

I ordered it in Sept (or was it Oct???) and liked it a lot. I'm going to order it on my DD's account this time around. Not sure if it will work because the address is the same but it's worth a try.
Do you need to guarantee so many purchases? I would try it but I don't want to be locked in just in case I don't like it.

I wasn't going to consider the Metro "Fresh to Go" offer (was going to do the spend AM Cash) but I decided to have a look at what they had to offer as this one starts November 15 (want to get things done). They have cakes!

DS wants me to make him a Ghiradelli chocolate cake (no a cake from a box) for his birthday. The recipe he handed me looked complicated (finding all the ingredients). I have been trying to figure out an easy way of doing this (ie finding a bakery that won't break the bank). Metro Fresh to Go has a Lindt chocolate cake that might just take care of "two birds with one stone". The cake is $25.99 (perfect). That will save a few cash miles for another offer.:woohoo:

ETA Maybe this won't work as it's not part of the catering menu? I will have to make a trip to the store and ask them about what's included and what's not.

Last edited:
I only have $20 in cash miles, but I think I'll be okay without using more than that in cash offers

- Miss Fresh first order (500 miles here is a huge bonus) - and there's always discounts floating around for this to reduce the cost.
- HBC rewards airmiles conversion
- Rexall spend limit
- Shell fill up
- Children's Place spend limit to get the kids some clothes for Christmas
- Metro $10 AM cash
- Wait and see for one more offer from Sobeys or LCBO (maybe both to make sure I have a spare! )

Because it's one offer per store, I don't really want to use Cash Miles, I want to keep them for my dreams ;) So... I suspect I'll be able to do 7 stores but have to spend of course. I think I'll do the HBC conversion (turn it off and then back on) as a back up.

Not sure if you can use a discount on the Miss Fresh if you are also getting the AM... will have to see how that goes. I may buy something from the LCBO (I don't drink) as a gift or something... we'll see.

YES, if you buy a gift card in Shell it will count as an in store purchase -- UNLESS it's a Shell gift card, all others do earn you miles. My thought was to buy a gift card from Shell to use somewhere else during the promo?? For example, get a card for Amazon and then use it for an online purchase (they usually have a coupon attached to the airmilesshop website)
Oooh. I hadn't thought of that. I'll do that, since I have some things on my wishlist....just waiting for an airmilesshop bonus.

Just wondering, can I sign up for an HBC card now for both me and my wife and then use the offer to convert when the promo is active? Will it matter if there are no points to convert?

For everyone asking about the HBC conversion I thought I'd make one post about that specifically.
  • 1st thing I'd say is why not wait until the promo actually starts to sign up if you haven't got an account yet, it would just add to my stress if i was worrying "did it work, will i get the points"
  • Since the promo runs for a full month this time there is plenty of time to do this AND if you think you might be able to complete the required number of coupons WITHOUT this offer it will more than likely show up in the next big promo. Just checking my records and it has been there for the last 3 biggies.
  • You don't need to ever earn HBC points to complete this, as in the fine print below, it's a Welcome Bonus.

Here's the fine print from the back of the coupon from Mega Miles -- I highlighted the section about one-time welcome bonus

The one-time auto-convert AIR MILES welcome bonus will be applied to your AIR MILES account within 6 weeks of sign-up. Hudson's Bay Rewards points can be redeemed for Reward Miles at a rate of 40 Hudson's Bay Rewards points to 1 Mile. Once you enroll, you can redeem the Hudson's Bay Rewards points you earned at Hudson's Bay, thebay.com and Home Outfitters for Reward Miles. You cannot, however, get Reward Miles by showing your AIR MILES Card at the point of sale. Some exceptions apply, including limitations with respect to points earned through our Hudson's Bay Rewards partners. Visit hbcrewards.com for full details. Hudson's Bay reserves the right to change terms of this offer. If the option for automatic weekly redemption is selected, any Hudson's Bay Rewards points remaining at the end of each week that are not divisible by 40 will be carried forward to the next week.

Do you need to guarantee so many purchases? I would try it but I don't want to be locked in just in case I don't like it.
No....after the first box there is no further obligation. The AM coupon will tell you which size box applies to get the bonus miles. When I did it, it was 3 dinners for 2. The cost was about $65.

As soon as you place your first order you can immediately go in your account and suspend the following weeks. If you don't suspend it you will get an auto delivery. It is a subscription service so you do have to stay on top of it. I think I suspended the next 3 weeks all at the same time. I wanted to be able to try the food before deciding on getting more. I took pictures, if you want to see how it turned out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter