Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

6 down, a couple more to do (to make sure I have a buffer).

Did Sobeys yesterday. Missed out on the roast chicken because I bought the smaller size. Almost missed out on the Herbal Essences because it required (apparently, although I see nothing in the fine print about this) to be two identical products, not just two Herbal Essences products so I had to get two conditioners, instead of shampoo and conditioner.

I just picked up a set of Herbal Essences (Conditioner and Shampoo) they showed up on my receipt with 30AM and the correct PLU code so I'm not certain why yours didn't.

I’m so mad at myself right now. I drove to Foodland, which is nearly 30 minutes, and discovered that I only had one coupon for the chocolate bars. I got a really nice cashier and she tried to find out if I could use that one coupon for two purchases but she couldn’t get an answer and the manager was out for lunch. I did have a coupon for the Tia Rosa kits but they don’t carry them. So drove all that way to buy chocolate bars.

On the plus side I used 3 coupons for my DD’s account. Will use the gas coupon tomorrow, also on DD’s account.

I just picked up a set of Herbal Essences (Conditioner and Shampoo) they showed up on my receipt with 30AM and the correct PLU code so I'm not certain why yours didn't.

Frustrating! Maybe because they were different types of Herbal Essences (one was blue, one clear) or something and they weren't a matching set? Not a huge deal as it's not like we won't go through two conditioners with 3 long-haired girls in the house!

Did Sobeys yesterday. Missed out on the roast chicken because I bought the smaller size. Almost missed out on the Herbal Essences because it required (apparently, although I see nothing in the fine print about this) to be two identical products, not just two Herbal Essences products so I had to get two conditioners, instead of shampoo and conditioner.

Frustrating! Maybe because they were different types of Herbal Essences (one was blue, one clear) or something and they weren't a matching set? Not a huge deal as it's not like we won't go through two conditioners with 3 long-haired girls in the house!

I was going to say who told you that! But maybe the matching set is correct? I purchased a shampoo & conditioner but they were the same fragrance (orange).

How do you know what the correct PLU code is for each offer? I used 4 STB coupons on one shop at Sobeys. All my air miles added up correctly so the system took them.

It looks like they say "promotional PLU 66, 65, 64 and 57" and then underneath I have 4 "loyalty offer $0.00" listed. Are these correct for STB?

Reactions: ngm
I'm up to 5 STB offers for DH's new card. Global pet foods, LCBO, Rexall spend $25, FoodLand chocolate bars, and Shell spend $50.

I tried to get the whole Shell spend into my car in gas by going for premium grade, but I still came up short thanks to my tiny efficient car... so I ended up adding a $50 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card to my bill. It worked to get me STB, and I ended up with 5 bonus airmails for "In-Store Purchases" that I had no idea I'd get. Not bad... the SDM gift card will be used to buy a Disney gift card for our trip. :)

I’m so mad at myself right now. I drove to Foodland, which is nearly 30 minutes, and discovered that I only had one coupon for the chocolate bars. I got a really nice cashier and she tried to find out if I could use that one coupon for two purchases but she couldn’t get an answer and the manager was out for lunch. I did have a coupon for the Tia Rosa kits but they don’t carry them. So drove all that way to buy chocolate bars.

On the plus side I used 3 coupons for my DD’s account. Will use the gas coupon tomorrow, also on DD’s account.
I think you should be able to scan the same coupon for both cards. If it didn’t work, you could always return it. It should be ok as long as it’s one coupon use per AM account as stated on the coupon.

I think you should be able to scan the same coupon for both cards. If it didn’t work, you could always return it. It should be ok as long as it’s one coupon use per AM account as stated on the coupon.
The cashier read out the fine print on the coupon and it did say 'one offer per collector account' (or something to that effect) and I said I have two different account numbers. She just wasn't sure and felt that she would need to have two individual coupons in her drawer. I suppose I should have asked if she would put it through to see if it worked...which I know it would. Basically, it was my own fault though.

How do you know what the correct PLU code is for each offer? I used 4 STB coupons on one shop at Sobeys. All my air miles added up correctly so the system took them.

It looks like they say "promotional PLU 66, 65, 64 and 57" and then underneath I have 4 "loyalty offer $0.00" listed. Are these correct for STB?

64 STB Sobeys Herbal Essences
57 STB Sobeys Tia Rosa

I don't know the others.

The cashier read out the fine print on the coupon and it did say 'one offer per collector account' (or something to that effect) and I said I have two different account numbers. She just wasn't sure and felt that she would need to have two individual coupons in her drawer. I suppose I should have asked if she would put it through to see if it worked...which I know it would. Basically, it was my own fault though.
It’s frustrating when the cashier is not so knowledgeable or accommodating. Some Rexall ones even try to deter you from using your coupons. Good luck with the hunt!

PLU 64 - Herbal Essence
PLU 66 - spend $60 get 20 AM coupon etc
PLU 60 - luncheon meat offer
PLU 57 - Tortillas

That's what I've managed to figure out so far.

Ok .. so my Tia Rosa coupon did work.. it's down there at the very bottom! Not up at the top with the other STB bonus coupons. However the meat isn't on there. I think I might know why. I bought two types of Schneiders meat and together they totalled over $10. The coupon says "in a single transaction" which I took to mean on one receipt, but I bet it had to be one item on the receipt.

The part I didn't mention from yesterday was that I did my $60 shop at Sobey's and then forgot to give the cashier the coupons. :headache:
I had to make the poor woman return everything and ring it in again and use the coupons. So the receipt is a mess and it's hard to see what is on there and what isn't.

In other news, I just signed up Dh and Dd for their own cards. We will still use my account for the everyday stuff but I will do the big promos on theirs too. :)

The lady at the deli counter at my Sobey's said that it did need to be in one transaction, meaning $10 or more of one meat (I bought turkey and she went over by $0.30 and asked if I wanted the extra slice taken off...LOL)

I bought 2 of the Colour Me Happy shampoos and the coupon worked. I didn't even think of having to buy a "set" - one shampoo and one conditioner...

I have completed my 7 offers

Sobeys - Spend $100 get 60AM
Sobeys - Cadbury Chocolate Bars - 20AM
Sobeys - Herbal Essence - 30AM
Sobeys - Maple Leaf Deli Meat - 20AM
Foodland - Cadbury Chocolate Bars - 20AM (plus the instore bonus of 25 when you bought 4 bars)
Shell - Spend $50 get 10 AM
Rexall - Spend $25 get 15AM

I am going to get one or two extra offers just in case, probably the other Shell coupon and one of the redeem 95AM coupons for either Foodland or Sobeys...

PLU 65 - Cadbury chocolate bars

This was the only STB offer I did today, now DH tells me he doesn't mind trying the Maxwell House Tassimo pods, since I decided against the shampoo offer. So need to head back to Sobeys again soon...

I am in for STB! Offers in Alberta don't sound as plentiful as Ontario (no coupons for individual items like lunch meat or chocolate) but still do-able. I did one at Rexall today but the "How to Use" said no coupon required. I got my bonus miles and have my receipt but nothing says it's part of this promo. This is where I get nervous...

They screwed up. You need to have the STB coupon scanned. It shows as a separate line on my receipt. I'm in AB too.

I did 3 shops today... Shell, Staples and Rexall. $46 at Rexall and 121 Airmiles. Not bad lol

So I went to Sobey's Urban Fresh today to get some chocolate and shampoo. The cashier scanned my coupons and the PLU shows up on the reciept, but it doesn't look like I got any airmiles at all. There's no base miles or bonus miles summary at the bottom if the receipt-- just my current balance.

Should I wait and see if they get posted or just return thd products and try again?

$10 or more of one meat (I bought turkey and she went over by $0.30 and asked if I wanted the extra slice taken off...LOL)
:offtopic: As someone who has worked in the deli at Stupidstore...you would be surprised at what people expect...and yes...when they say they want x amount either in dollars or weight...they want that EXACT amount. It is beyond frustrating to provide service to those people. Today I can laugh about it. But when I was working at the deli, I was working evenings and weekends there and still running my dayhome from 7:00 - 5:30. So needless to say, having to deal with people who wanted to act like children when they were adults got tired very fast:rolleyes1

Were they both the 300 ml size? I bought a shampoo and a conditioner in the 300 ml size and the coupon worked.

Just to confirm for Sobeys i am planning on using the coupons for:
  • Get 20 am bonus miles when you buy 3 packages of Maple Lodge Chicken Bacon, Bologne or ultimate frankfurters, 350-900 g
  • Get 30 am bonus miles when you buy 2 Herbal Essences hair care 300ml
  • Get 20 bonus am when you buy 3 Cadbury chocolate bars , family size. 85-100 g
  • Get 25 bonus am when you buy 3 maxwell house and nabob pods or tassimo discs, 105-153 g
  • Get 60 bonus am when you spend $100 or more.
I have two questions...can I buy them all in the same shop on the same receipt and they each count as separate stb offers or will it only be one? Just want to be sure. Also, can you use any of them more than once on the same receipt (ie chocolate bars) and get multiple am? I think for stb a coupon will only count once correct?

:offtopic: As someone who has worked in the deli at Stupidstore...you would be surprised at what people expect...and yes...when they say they want x amount either in dollars or weight...they want that EXACT amount. It is beyond frustrating to provide service to those people. Today I can laugh about it. But when I was working at the deli, I was working evenings and weekends there and still running my dayhome from 7:00 - 5:30. So needless to say, having to deal with people who wanted to act like children when they were adults got tired very fast:rolleyes1

I'm sorry you had to deal with difficult people...I just thought it was funny...she said "the total is $10.30...do you want to to take a slice off to see if it would be closer to $10"...I'm like "no, $10.30 is okay...thank you"...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter