AIRMILES TO BUY DISNEY PARK TICKETS

So if I cash in 4725 points will I get an airmiles voucher that is worth $453 US which I can trade in for a ticket now or use towards tickets for a future date?

No, the credit will be much less. These are not full price Canadian flex tickets and unless you get some pixie dust, they are worth the amount that Airmiles paid for them. Last week I calculated the 7 day Airmiles Canadian tickets as being worth around $375 USD after tax (I redeemed 6400 airmiles in April for Airmiles 7 Day flex tickets and guest services valued them at $469 USD after tax). I would gather the 5 day Airmiles Canadian tickets are worth between $356.35 USD, the cost of the lowest 5 day tickets after tax and $375 USD. It would be great if someone going soon posts but until then, you really don't know.

Or I could cash in 5900 points for a 5 day non Canadian Discounted price which would be equal to $568 US

Unfortunately also not correct, see my 7 Day airmiles ticket value above.

What would I do? Hold out.
1. Airmiles has downgraded tickets to equivalent to cash miles. IMHO it was the outcry to not expire points that caused this, they even said that Dream miles are going to cost more in press coverages. I don't think they will lower them further now that they are equal, but I could be wrong. So I wouldn't worry about airmiles devaluing tickets.
2. Disney prices are going to keep going up, but regardless if you buy now or later, you aren't getting a better deal, it's only a credit once it expires. I think you could lose out on this if Canadian tickets end up being available for your dates, you'd be stuck with doing an exchange at guest services where they don't sell Canadian tickets.
3. Life changes. If the trip in 4 years doesn't work out or changes, there are lots of other ways to use your points, especially if in 4 years they still have Onyx personal shopper.

Like the others said I wouldn't get the Airmiles WDW tickets if you don't plan on using them before they expire. You never know what can happen with the expiry rules but for me, not being able to book FP+ in advance is what would bother me the most.

Number of Airmiles required to buy some of my WDW tickets (all 5 days basic tickets):

Sept 2014 and January 2015:
2500 AM / adult

February 2017: CANADIAN SPECIAL (25% off with expiry in 2030)
2850 AM / child
2950 AM / adult

I still have 3 of the 2017 tickets (2A and 1C) and plan to use them in 2022 before my youngest turns 10yo.

when do you need by we are going in March
Not sure yet. Maybe in April, if SWA has some good prices when their next batch of dates are released. I do have 2 non expiring ones as well. I may order two more with AM then upgrade the expired one while I'm there to an AP voucher for next time. Although I hate to use those non expiring ones!! LOL Those are gold!!

Just ordered 3 DL adult hoppers with my airmiles!!! It's sad to see my airmiles balance so low but am pretty happy to have 3 of my passes paid for (not going till next summer) and am hoping to get 1 more at least!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!