Airplane ride to Disney? Please help..

You could uber over to publix on palm park way, or go a bit further to the "Disney" Wal-mart on turkey lake road. A lot of locals call it that as it has nothing but tourist, and a huge theme park area. This way you get what you want and don't risk having your luggage not make it, or something explode all over your stuff then your doing laundry.

A jar that has never been opened likely won't cause any problem. But a jar that has been opened and has some peanut butter on the sides in an open bag, or a jar that is opened for a snack during flight, could cause someone with airborne allergies a problem.
A jar that has never been opened won't cause any problems. No "likely", it just won't.
A jar that has been opened and somehow got peanut butter on the outside that was never wiped off and which stays in the suitcase won't cause any problems unless the allergic person goes into strangers' luggage.

On the other hand, a jar that is opened in flight and which gets some peanut butter on the outside and which the owner/eater somehow smears somewhere, intentionally or not, and which is not wiped up or the flight attendants notified could possibly affect someone with a contact allergy or who somehow touches and subsequently, I don't know, licks their fingers? Could possibly be a danger.

A jar that has never been opened won't cause any problems. No "likely", it just won't.
A jar that has been opened and somehow got peanut butter on the outside that was never wiped off and which stays in the suitcase won't cause any problems unless the allergic person goes into strangers' luggage.

On the other hand, a jar that is opened in flight and which gets some peanut butter on the outside and which the owner/eater somehow smears somewhere, intentionally or not, and which is not wiped up or the flight attendants notified could possibly affect someone with a contact allergy or who somehow touches and subsequently, I don't know, licks their fingers? Could possibly be a danger.
:rolleyes2

Peanut butter is considered a gel, so unless you're bringing a container that's less than 100 ml and putting it in your 3-1-1 bag, you can't bring it on the plane anyway.

I know it is allowed, but I have been told by many people they have had their carbonated sodas (bottle and can) explode in checked luggage.

I can't pack them in carry on or personal before due to 3 oz rule, SO I'm hoping to find bottled ones for sale after security and put them in personal/carry on then.

We pack sodas in checked luggage almost every trip we make. Just this past trip, first of June, we packed a small hard side suitcase with soda, water, juice, and tea. We always take bottles, never cans. My husband lined the inside with small blankets and packed it full. Our main problem in packing sodas is the weight. We have never had one to explode. We fly southwest most of the time so we don't have to pay for our luggage. Once that suitcase was empty, we used it to bring home stuff we had bought.

Why not just go to a publix or Aldi?
That is what I am thinking. Uber over to publix, pick up your snacks/drinks/fruits/etc and uber back. You can even get your first uber ride free by downloading the app and finding a reference code online. That small fee you pay in rides saves a lot of headache packing that food and risking it leaking on clothes.

You could uber over to publix on palm park way, or go a bit further to the "Disney" Wal-mart on turkey lake road. A lot of locals call it that as it has nothing but tourist, and a huge theme park area. This way you get what you want and don't risk having your luggage not make it, or something explode all over your stuff then your doing laundry.
Ha, didn't see your post. To this day I still don't understand why people choose to lug all this food on a flight when they can just catch a ride to publix using lyft/uber.

Ha, didn't see your post. To this day I still don't understand why people choose to lug all this food on a flight when they can just catch a ride to publix using lyft/uber.

I wouldn't lug the food onto the flight, I would check it. Anything that wouldn't melt of get squished, that is. I'd rather not uber to a grocery store if I can avoid it. Waste of time.

I wouldn't lug the food onto the flight, I would check it. Anything that wouldn't melt of get squished, that is. I'd rather not uber to a grocery store if I can avoid it. Waste of time.
I didn't mean lug it on the flight. You have to pack the food, bring it to the airport. Possibly pay for the luggage since you have to check it. Drag it to the resorts. It's just sounds like a pain. Getting a ride to the grocery store and back to the resort should take no more than 1-2 hrs.

I don't understand why anyone would waste their valuable vacation time going to the grocery store instead of having groceries delivered.
I am not against that and think it's a great idea. OP does not want to do that though. Would rather pack it. Maybe I am in the minority but I think it's silly to freeze food and pack snacks/drinks when it can be delivered to your resort.

I am not against that and think it's a great idea. OP does not want to do that though. Would rather pack it. Maybe I am in the minority but I think it's silly to freeze food and pack snacks/drinks when it can be delivered to your resort.

If you have the room to do so, why is it silly? You can take it with you instead of paying inflated prices.

A jar that has never been opened likely won't cause any problem. But a jar that has been opened and has some peanut butter on the sides in an open bag, or a jar that is opened for a snack during flight, could cause someone with airborne allergies a problem.

I find it odd, a few times we have boarded a plane and was told this is a no peanut flight. We could have been eating PB& J sandwiches before boarding. We always have snacks in our bag and usually nuts are one of them. Not that we would pull them out and start munching, but announcing it after we are seated the damage could already be done.

Peanut butter is considered a gel, so unless you're bringing a container that's less than 100 ml and putting it in your 3-1-1 bag, you can't bring it on the plane anyway.

The Jif to Go packs can be put in a 311 bag. I think each individually-sealed pack is 2 oz.

I find it odd, a few times we have boarded a plane and was told this is a no peanut flight. We could have been eating PB& J sandwiches before boarding. We always have snacks in our bag and usually nuts are one of them. Not that we would pull them out and start munching, but announcing it after we are seated the damage could already be done.
It's the best they can do, though. Someone having traces on their hands or breath is much less problematic than someone eating a pb&j sandwich during the flight.

I don't have any allergies and don't really have a dog in this fight, so to speak. I do feel for people with allergies that are so severe as to make travel difficult. It's considerate and kind when airlines and fellow travelers do what they can to help them out.

Last edited:
Peanut butter in checked luggage also causes issues. It causes your bag to get pulled off and searched- their scanners don't like it. It caused my bag to not make my flight!
wow! did not know this and was planning on packing PB! you saved me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter