• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

airport bus and supershuttle

diznefreak

Mouseketeer
This may be stupid but we have been to Disney many times but have not traveled by plane in alooooong time. So here are my questions. Either airport bus or shuttle? Me DH and 15 month old son are staying at the DLH. Do they both stop at all hotels?Do you spend a lot of time waitng for either one. Any info would help.I see that we can save 4 whole dollars with the airport bus what are the differences between the two?Thanks in Advance.We cannot decide. My sister will be flying in from northern Ca and meeeting us at the hotel which is better for a person traveling alone or does it not matter?Sorry for rambling!!Just excited for our trip.
Amber :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

The difference is the shuttles go direct to your hotel, while the airport bus goes direct to only a few properties, and then you have to transfer to a second shuttle - so it can take a lot longer depending on the hotel you are staying at.

However, as it does go direct to the DLH this would not be a problem for you.

It leaves every hour on the hour.

Super shuttle goes as requested - whenever a shuttle is filled it departs, this sometimes means it can circle the airport and take 15-30 minutes before you go, and then it stops at all the hotels of those aboard - which means you can be first off or 4th!

We went super shuttle and thought it very good, but given the airport bus goes direct to your hotel, this might be one occasion when this is worth it.

Which airport are you flying into? From John Wayne (Orange County), a deciding factor might be what your timing is and whether you have to wait long for the bus. I believe they usually come every 1/2 hour during most of the day. If one is due to take off in a couple of minutes, you can save a few bucks, but if one just took off, grab a shuttle instead. (You shouldn't have to pre-pay or commit to reservations for either) I've generally found the shuttle quicker, never having to wait more than around 5-10 minutes. There are others besides Supershuttle, but Supershuttle is the most well known.

I don't know how Supershuttle works with the baby. Do you need to bring a carseat? Do they charge for that age? It's worth checking into.

If you or your sister are flying into LAX, I definitely recommend Supershuttle over the Airporter. The last time I took an Airporter from LAX, it took forever, and included a lengthy stop in Buena Park. I also froze, because a moonroof type window was broken and pumping in lots of cold air. If I were traveling alone, I think I would feel more comfortable on the Shuttle, especially from LAX.

CalGal said:
I don't know how Supershuttle works with the baby. Do you need to bring a carseat? Do they charge for that age? It's worth checking into.

They do not charge for under 3...but you must supply your own car seat for a baby or a booster seat for a child required to have one. That is what my documentation says for our reservation and what I was told on the phone. It is also 10$ per person over 3 each way (from SNA). So for example we have 2 adults a 5yo and a 20month old. We will pay 30$ each way for a total of 60$ because our baby rides free even though she takes up a seat on the shuttle, but we have to have a car seat for her and a booster for our 5yo per Cali law.

I did not know you need a carseat for the bus? So the bus has seatbelts? Is that the same with the supershuttle? TIA

What about GC? Does the bus stop there too? Thanks for all the info.

diznefreak said:
I did not know you need a carseat for the bus? So the bus has seatbelts? Is that the same with the supershuttle? TIA

If you are referring to my post I was talking about supershuttle I have no idea about the buses.

jgmklmhem -Thanks! Duh i missed your part of the message about you using supershuttle. I have mommy brain today! We are still undecided.
Thanks Amber:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter