Airport Experiences in SoCal

Well gang I got an email today from Southwest that they're having a sale until Monday on booking with points (25% off points) AND if you need to BUY any points to supplement the points are 45% off. So I just spent all afternoon trying to figure out what we could afford to do with points. DH had more than enough to book but I was a little short. Initially I only needed to buy 2,000 points but when I went to book the prices went up on the flight we had decided on (up by 4,000 points and $30 cash price). So instead of buying 2,000 points for $33 I had to spend $99 for 6,000 points). Still not a bad price for the one-way I guess since DH was essentially free. I was just ticked off that the prices went up right as I was booking it. GRRRR. I booked from BWI to LGB even tho it's a much longer total trip duration but so now we're locked into BWI for our return flights. At least that narrows down my searches and eliminates DCA & IAD as options. :rotfl2: I'm just going to play the slots or roulette on the return prices into BWI as those will be booked with cash and I'm still hoping they may drop just a little. I just didn't want to miss the points sale....

Well gang I got an email today from Southwest that they're having a sale until Monday on booking with points (25% off points) AND if you need to BUY any points to supplement the points are 45% off. So I just spent all afternoon trying to figure out what we could afford to do with points. DH had more than enough to book but I was a little short. Initially I only needed to buy 2,000 points but when I went to book the prices went up on the flight we had decided on (up by 4,000 points and $30 cash price). So instead of buying 2,000 points for $33 I had to spend $99 for 6,000 points). Still not a bad price for the one-way I guess since DH was essentially free. I was just ticked off that the prices went up right as I was booking it. GRRRR. I booked from BWI to LGB even tho it's a much longer total trip duration but so now we're locked into BWI for our return flights. At least that narrows down my searches and eliminates DCA & IAD as options. :rotfl2: I'm just going to play the slots or roulette on the return prices into BWI as those will be booked with cash and I'm still hoping they may drop just a little. I just didn't want to miss the points sale....
Oh, that's exceptionally annoying to have the price go up right when you're booking!!

I was able to book 2 RT flights on SW yesterday for $39, but not to DLR. The special, surprisingly (ha ha), did not include any airports in the DLR area. But I got a couple of RT flights for DH and me to go to Santa Barbara from Sacramento, so that's cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter