Airport Hotel Recos for one night after late arrival?

TwinMommyDec05

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
We are getting into Honolulu SUPER late and rather than trying to get to Aulani, we are going to stay the night in a hotel near the airport. Has anyone stayed somewhere near the airport WITH a shuttle from the airport?

We are traveling with kids so I would rather have somewhere that is a bit nicer/cleaner/closer than focusing solely on price. Then we will wake up, run back to the airport, p/u rental car and head to Aulani the next morning.

Any suggestions? Please and THANK YOU!!

The hotels near the airport are ok but not particularly upscale as they are 2 star rated. Fine for getting a nights sleep but nothing more IMO. I think the nicer one would be the Best Western at the airport. They have a free shuttle available. BW is within 5 minutes of the airport.

Thank you for your reply. We have decided to stay there for the night. We arrive terribly late and this way we will just take the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and go straight to bed. Apparently, we can walk to the Alamo rental from the Best Western so we will send Dad first thing the next morning to pick up the car and then pick us up with our bags at the hotel. Then we will be on our way to Aulani (stopping at Costco and/or Target on the way). It made more sense for our family given the cost of Aulani and the fact that it would be well after 1am by the time we would have arrived which, to me, seemed a waste.

I will report back how it went in March!

Thank you for your reply. We have decided to stay there for the night. We arrive terribly late and this way we will just take the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and go straight to bed. Apparently, we can walk to the Alamo rental from the Best Western so we will send Dad first thing the next morning to pick up the car and then pick us up with our bags at the hotel. Then we will be on our way to Aulani (stopping at Costco and/or Target on the way). It made more sense for our family given the cost of Aulani and the fact that it would be well after 1am by the time we would have arrived which, to me, seemed a waste.

I will report back how it went in March!
And, if we’d just arrived at Aulani, I know we probably would’ve been too excited to sleep anyway. Good plan, and thanks to @frank808 for the info; filing that away in case I need it next trip!

We did this in May. Landed at 10pm took the shuttle to Best Western and then walked to Alamo first thing in the morning. It was fine for one night, and depending on flight times I would do it again to save points. We did online check in and requested a quiet room/high floor, and ended up with a surprisingly nice view for an airport hotel. McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, and Ihop are also walking distance. We drove straight to Aulani in the morning, and had reserved a cabana so we had a comfy place to hang out all day until our room was ready at 4. Then we went out for groceries after we had our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter