Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

We just used Anaheim Town Car on Thursday for a pickup at LAX. The driver was on time and very nice, I would definitely use them again.

Last edited:
We have decided to take a last minute trip to Disneyland the weekend of the 25th and 26th. We have been going back and forth on renting a car but leaning towards just taking Uber. Has anyone taken Uber since LAX changed the pick up location? How long did it take to get a Uber once you were at the spot?

Thanks!

I’ve only flown Southwest since the change, so walk over to the lot vs taking the shuttle. I’ve not had a wait once at the pick up location, but I know others that have had some waits. I think it depends on time of day, etc...but it does seem better than the initial launch.

We have been using them for years and absolutely love it. We regularly have the same few drivers and they have gotten to know us.

I have used them twice because we needed child car seats. While expensive they were prompt and the cars were clean. The drivers were helpful and polite.

Just got back from a 4 day trip and rented a car due to lack of other options. There were 3 of us (myself, my daughter and her friend). Arrived at LAX late at night and departed LAX late at night. No problems whatsoever. Very easy drive and traffic was fine (because it was later in the night). Was also nice to have the car - ended up doing a beach day. Total price for a mid size was $61. Would definitely do this again!

We have decided to take a last minute trip to Disneyland the weekend of the 25th and 26th. We have been going back and forth on renting a car but leaning towards just taking Uber. Has anyone taken Uber since LAX changed the pick up location? How long did it take to get a Uber once you were at the spot?

Thanks!
It really depends on the day of the week and time of day. Sunday evenings are the worst.
I wanted no time to get into a Lyft last time but it was 12:30am on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

It really depends on the day of the week and time of day. Sunday evenings are the worst.
I wanted no time to get into a Lyft last time but it was 12:30am on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

Thank you for the response.

We land on Friday at 11pm.

I have reserved a lincoln town car shuttle for our upcominf trip in march, My mom has a wheelchair regular size foldable, Is anyone familiar with the trunk space for these vehicles, Will it fit in the trunk, we wil have one big suitcase and one small one and a couple of carry ons, They have offerd to giv me a minivan, but my mom has problem stepping up into vans or suvs. Plus I;ve wanted to ride in a Lincoln, How nice are these? Any help will be appreciated since I have never ridden or seen one.

I'm considering a rental car for my trip in May and was wondering what everyone considered the best company to rent from. I'm probably going to be flying in and out of LAX because it is by far the cheapest option for me right now. Thanks!

I book through costco. I have not rented a car at LAX but I prefer Avis and Alamo. Usually pretty quick

Use Autoslash. I save $100's every time I rent a car just tracking my rental through Autoslash. I would avoid FOX - I've heard nothing but bad reviews from them and we had a bad experience too. They tried to charge us for "having a dog in the car", but our dog was back home in the kennel where we had left her.
I think one of the lower priced places I saw was this company which is what prompted me to ask. Thanks for the info.

I have rented cars through Hotwire before. The downside is that you cannot cancel or change the reservation, but the prices the times I used them were among the best I found at the time. (Caveat: This was years ago.)

It's too bad you can't use Costco - they have free cancellation and their rates are excellent. I would maybe comparison shop and book directly through the rental company. I've used Kayak to comparison shop flights, and it looks like they have a rental car tab as well.

It all depends how much time you want to invest. I usually find I can do better than the price aggregators (like Kayak etc.) with coupon/discount codes or memberships. Try any airlines you are part of their frequent flyer program for, for example. Also the AAA specials/rates at Hertz can be pretty good if you are a member. I used to avoid Hertz but now I have to use them when I travel for work and have found their Gold Plus member program to be awesome (free to join) and have been pleasantly surprised that their rates for personal bookings have been amongst the cheapest for me several times recently (especially with AAA discount). MouseSavers usually has a good listing of various promo or discount codes to try for each company as well.

Autoslash basically does all that promo code testing for you but I've never actually used it personally as I didn't want to wait for them to email me back a quote. I do see they also have a listing of promo codes on their website that you can try on your own.

Whoever you end up booking with one of the most annoying things about rental cars is that prices fluctuate wildly. You can often save more $$ by continuing to check rates and rebooking. I think Autoslash will also monitor that for you or you can do it yourself. Also recommend signing up for the loyalty program with whatever company you rent with before you go. Vehicle pick up is SOOOO much faster for most companies when you are a member of their program (which is almost always free to join).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter