Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

We’ve also used Lansky’s (but from LAX) and I highly recommend them if you want a private car. Last time we flew into SNA we just took a cab from the stand, fairly cheap and easy with no preplanning.

We've just used a taxi in the past - they have a flat rate to DL but I forget the amount.

Another vote for Lansky's! They will provide car seats/booster (clean, new/almost new) upon request and also provide a short grocery stop on the way to your hotel. Worth the cost for the convenience and peace of mind.

We’ve also used Lansky’s (but from LAX) and I highly recommend them if you want a private car. Last time we flew into SNA we just took a cab from the stand, fairly cheap and easy with no preplanning.

I fly into SNA and I've always just walked out and got a taxi (for 2) and it's been about $50 as I remember.

But, going back to the airport, usually at like 4 or 5 am by myself, I used to use Super Shuttle. I have never used Lyft or Uber. I was wondering if the front desk of the Tropicana could call me a cab.

But, would Uber or Lyft be significantly less expensive?

Not sure if you are taking about lax or sna but at lax taxis are no longer curbside. You have to take a shuttle to the LAXit lot that services taxis, lyfts, Uber’s and a few smaller ridershare companies.
Good point. I was referring to SNA but it might not have been obvious in the thread.

Has anyone taken a Taxi from LGB recently? We are staying at one of the Best Westerns ( haven’t decided which one yet). We always used Super Shuttle, so now I’m lost. TIA

Has anyone taken a Taxi from LGB recently? We are staying at one of the Best Westerns ( haven’t decided which one yet). We always used Super Shuttle, so now I’m lost. TIA

Taxis are really easy from LGB..... they are lined up across the street and still have a flat rate to the DLR area. It is around $46 (+tip). there are also shuttles that are over by the rental cars so you can check out their rates by going over and asking. (Some are pre-booked and others are hanging around waiting for business.... make sure they won't be hanging around for a long time, though.)

Hey allllll,
So I'm helping someone work out the best way to do a day trip from LAX to DLR, and I saw that the Disneyland Express from LAX has been cancelled?!

Any recommendations? Thanks! :)
I tried a quick search in this forum, but couldnt see anything, so sorry if I missed it!

Does anyone have a preference of Lyft or Uber? We plan on doing the LUX version. Traveling from SNA to DL Hotel.

We generally do Lyft. They are typically a few dollars cheaper, and my understanding is they treat their drivers better.

We generally do Lyft. They are typically a few dollars cheaper, and my understanding is they treat their drivers better.

I drove for Uber briefly a few years back after getting laid off. I can assure you, Lyft has to treat their drivers better. I can't possibly imagine worse treatment than how Uber treats drivers.

From a passenger experience they are virtually identical, although I tend to see more driver availability with Uber then Lyft. Most drivers drive for both simultaneously and have both apps open and take whichever pings first so you get the same driver pool.

Personal preference on corporate philosophy is a different matter that can be an endless rabbit hole of debate depending on perspective.

I use Uber almost exclusively many time sa week and have had very few bad experiences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter