Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Interesting that I happen to look at Get Away Today Vacations and saw for an 11 passenger vehicle one way it would be $60 one way so RT would be $180. I was quoted from Karmel Shuttle that it would be $242 RT.

We (my DD and I) are flying into LAX and staying at CCI. We arrive around 9am on 1/17 so that I can run the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon.

I would take the DLExpress and just hit the Expo while we are at the Disneyland Hotel, but, I will have my luggage to haul around at the Expo and that isn't the greatest idea.

So I am debating between Karmel or Super Shuttle and will do a RT. Which do you recommend?
Clean, nice drivers, customer service are important but I don't have a ton of $.

TIA

2tinkerbell said:
We (my DD and I) are flying into LAX and staying at CCI. We arrive around 9am on 1/17 so that I can run the Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon.

I would take the DLExpress and just hit the Expo while we are at the Disneyland Hotel, but, I will have my luggage to haul around at the Expo and that isn't the greatest idea.

So I am debating between Karmel or Super Shuttle and will do a RT. Which do you recommend?
Clean, nice drivers, customer service are important but I don't have a ton of $.

TIA

We used Karmel Shuttles last week. It was $57 each way for 4 of us from LAX to BWPPI. The driver from LAX was really good, friendly, gave us lots of info. The driver back was quite abrupt and untalkative and they took a while to find one of the pick ups. (Had the wrong address). But they were prompt and got us to our destination in good time, and for our family were the cheapest. I was happy and would use again

Anyone use GoSedan? We have a family of 6 going from SNA to GCH. I get car sick, so I can't easily handle a stop and start shuttle, going to different terminals and different hotels. We would get a large SUV. Service, professionalism, timeliness and cleanliness are most important. It priced out a little over $100 which I didn't find too bad. I do not want to take a cab/mini-van cab either. So if anyone has recent good or bad experience with GoSedan, I'd appreciate your feedback! Thank you! Our first DLR trip!!!

Looked at Yelp reviews of GoSedan and they are really awful. I might book with A&E Limo, as they had really great reviews on Yelp. I don't use Yelp that often, but hoping 60+ positive reviews that are recent is an endorsement of this company. GoSedan had lots of reviews too, just most of them were very negative about service.

Please forgive the dumb question, but I'd like to confirm something. I looked through the thread and did not see a confirmation on this specifically.

We booked through the DL website, staying at DLH, and added Ground Transportation from SNA (John Wayne/Orange County). Will that be on the Disneyland Resort Express?

I know we might get some instructions closer to our dates, but I'm curious (and overly excited to know everything) now. :)

Thanks. I'm also happy to be pointed at other threads or sites to read instead.

As part of a surprise birthday visit to DL for my wife (she'd never been), I wanted a no-hassle, no-stop service. Based on a couple of older recommendations for Luken Limo, I called and quickly made the reservations. While not overly friendly, he (Howard, who I assume is the owner) was courteous, professional, and best of all, timely--both for pickup at LAX and at the GCH upon our departure. In fact, we were finished packing early for our trip home, so we called Howard to see if he might want to come early. He did, and we were dropped off at our terminal with no issues. He's a bit pricey ($125 one-way), but that fee includes tipping. I'd recommend him if you're looking for a sure-fire, get there quickly with no stops ride, and price isn't too much of an issue. The vehicles (Lincoln Town Car on arrival and big SUV on the trip to LAX) were clean, spacious, and quiet. :thumbsup2

I'm flying into LAX late at night and wasn't sure if be able to catch the Disney shuttle because it stops running shortly after I arrive. I had also heard a rumor that I might have trouble finding a taxi to take me since DLR is in a different county. Does anyone know if this is actually true? I ended up calling my hotel (GCH) directly and they had a list of car companies they recommend. Has anyone used Best Chauffeured? It is a little pricey but they meet you at baggage claim with a sign, and were very professional and helpful when I called them. I'm taking a town car to the hotel then probably the Disney shuttle back.

Looked at Yelp reviews of GoSedan and they are really awful. I might book with A&E Limo, as they had really great reviews on Yelp. I don't use Yelp that often, but hoping 60+ positive reviews that are recent is an endorsement of this company. GoSedan had lots of reviews too, just most of them were very negative about service.

We are just back, and here is the update. We decided to use A&E Limo due to very positive reviews on Yelp. They were fantastic!! We used them for car service for 4 adults and 2 kids in boosters (and a lot of luggage) one way from SNA to GCH. We wanted a large SUV, and they have this option to book online. I booked it online, got an immediate quote and email confirmation. They emailed the day before to say they'd be at the baggage claim with our name on a sign. We arrived and Kevin was there, smiling and beat us to baggage claim. We asked for and got a large SUV (Denali). We also booked a 15 minute grocery stop (he took us by Von's), and Kevin loaded up all the groceries. I brought our own boosters because we were renting an SUV later in the trip, but they can also provide them. Kevin was very helpful with tips about Disneyland and the area.

Then got an email from Adir, the owner, afterwards, making sure all went well. I can't say enough good things about this experience. I didn't want to do a shared shuttle due to car sickness issues with stopping and starting, as well as due to time (get me to the parks!!). I had read so many negative reviews of even dedicated shuttles, so I was very pleased to have found this service.

http://aeworldwidelimo.com

Yes it was a bit more pricey than a cab or shuttle, but for 6 people and a grocery stop, that would have added up too (and we couldn't fit in a regular cab). The total price, including grocery stop and 20% gratuity, taxes and fees (tolls), was $209. Per person, that was $35, which was well, well worth it to me.

Are the driving times to LAX still considered correct? If you had a Monday 9:45pm international flight and had to return a rental car at 7:30pm what would be the latest time you would leave Anaheim?

We are just back, and here is the update. We decided to use A&E Limo due to very positive reviews on Yelp. They were fantastic!! We used them for car service for 4 adults and 2 kids in boosters (and a lot of luggage) one way from SNA to GCH. We wanted a large SUV, and they have this option to book online. I booked it online, got an immediate quote and email confirmation. They emailed the day before to say they'd be at the baggage claim with our name on a sign. We arrived and Kevin was there, smiling and beat us to baggage claim. We asked for and got a large SUV (Denali). We also booked a 15 minute grocery stop (he took us by Von's), and Kevin loaded up all the groceries. I brought our own boosters because we were renting an SUV later in the trip, but they can also provide them. Kevin was very helpful with tips about Disneyland and the area.

Then got an email from Adir, the owner, afterwards, making sure all went well. I can't say enough good things about this experience. I didn't want to do a shared shuttle due to car sickness issues with stopping and starting, as well as due to time (get me to the parks!!). I had read so many negative reviews of even dedicated shuttles, so I was very pleased to have found this service.

http://aeworldwidelimo.com

Yes it was a bit more pricey than a cab or shuttle, but for 6 people and a grocery stop, that would have added up too (and we couldn't fit in a regular cab). The total price, including grocery stop and 20% gratuity, taxes and fees (tolls), was $209. Per person, that was $35, which was well, well worth it to me.

Was $209 one way or round trip? I've looked around at the website, but I don't want to request a quote. Our next trip isn't until May 30 and we don't have flights yet, so I have no idea what time it would be.

Thanks,
Erin

I just wanted to thank you for this thread. I have been floundering trying to figure out transportation for this trip (its our first to Disneyland) and this has made knowing where to look for a shuttle to the airport so much clearer. I really appreciate the links and the link to the website with the coupon codes as I really do love to get a discount.

My family and I can't wait to visit DL for the first time this December!

I've been running some numbers for a youth group of ten plus their luggage.

The airport we are arriving at is SNA. I can't figure out any vans or limos that are cheaper (or quicker) than just getting two cabs from the airport transportation area.

I figure our group includes 8 kids and 2 chaperones:
so if I split us into two cab groups with one adult in each vehicle, the fares for two cabs to a Harbor hotel is $45 + $45 = $90.00

If both adults tip 20% each, that would add $9 for each cab and bring our total to $108.00 or $10.80 per person.
(Alternately if we each tip each driver 10%, our total will be $99 divided by ten people = $9.90 per person)

I can't find a 'shared ride' situation that would fit all ten of us for less than that AND no one wants to go hotel to hotel to hotel after we travel for 12+ hours.

The last trip we did in Dec. 2013, 7 of us shared one van-styled cab for $38.50 plus tip. (This is the cheapest fare I have encountered to date.)
I think our fare was so inexpensive compared to our usual $40-45 because it was a super FAST trip from the airport!!

It wasn't any kind of a scary situation, our cabbie was great, he put our luggage in the back of the van then he got us on the road like he was in time trials for NASCAR.

We arrived at our hotel in about 20 minutes. No hassle, no drama, just one super fast cab ride.

Has anybody traveled with a group and found a better way to get from SNA to a Disneyland area hotel?

3 of us, all adult prices, are flying into LGB

I am thinking the taxi will be best for us.

Any flat rates people have found and were they to or from the Airport?

Was $209 one way or round trip? I've looked around at the website, but I don't want to request a quote. Our next trip isn't until May 30 and we don't have flights yet, so I have no idea what time it would be.

Thanks,
Erin

One way. We rented an SUV from Alamo,in DTD after our last park day, drove the San Diego to see the zoo, then returned the SUV to Alamo at the San Diego airport. So we flew into SNA and out of San Diego.

I have a question about transportation. And, yes, as the originator of this thread, I definitely appreciate the irony! I keep telling myself I'll do an update!

My question: Has anyone taken a limo recently from SNA (John Wayne Airport in Orange County) to Disneyland? I have a mother-daughter trip planned next June that my daughter knows about, but I want to incorporate a few surprises. I'm wondering if anyone has a limo company they have used in the last 6-12 months they would recommend, and if so, would you mind sharing the cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter