Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I believe Ontario only allows "permitted" drivers to do pick up. If you try to input Ontario airport into the Uber app for a pickup, you get a message saying, "Unfortunately, Uber is currently unavailable in your area." Drop offs back to the airport by Uber shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you very much - we'll just work out transportation among the other options. We will save $167 each (RT) by flying into ONT on SW rather than flying into SNA, and for us, that is significant (3 of us).

https://www.uber.com/airports/lgb/

Apparently you can do the more expensive Ubers at LGB, but not the two lower priced options. Damned expensive though unless you're splitting costs.

Thanks, StormyCA (your name is incredibly apropos this week, by the way)! I'll update the information for Long Beach Uber. I'll also include your very helpful Uber/airport link. I'm heading out with my kiddos this morning for some fun errands while the sun is out, but will get the info updated on the first post by tonight.

Thanks, StormyCA (your name is incredibly apropos this week, by the way)! I'll update the information for Long Beach Uber. I'll also include your very helpful Uber/airport link. I'm heading out with my kiddos this morning for some fun errands while the sun is out, but will get the info updated on the first post by tonight.

Glad to help. Enjoy your errands!

Yep, very appropriate. I'm in NorCal and it's been rainy here, too. I can't complain though. We're in the Sierra Foothills (east of Sac) and just love seeing those reservoir and lake levels rise!!

Glad to help. Enjoy your errands!

Yep, very appropriate. I'm in NorCal and it's been rainy here, too. I can't complain though. We're in the Sierra Foothills (east of Sac) and just love seeing those reservoir and lake levels rise!!

You're actually not far from me in that case. That's why we are taking advantage of the clear skies right now. Sounds like a deluge is coming this weekend.

Has anyone gone through the SNA Airport Shuttle Association for transportation from SNA to a Disneyland hotel? http://www.snashuttle.com/index.html

It looks like it is $10 each way ($20 rt), of course that's per person, but for just 2 of us it sounds like a decent deal. I'm trying to figure out the best way for my friend and I to get to Disneyland Hotel from SNA and back.

Has anyone gone through the SNA Airport Shuttle Association for transportation from SNA to a Disneyland hotel? http://www.snashuttle.com/index.html

It looks like it is $10 each way ($20 rt), of course that's per person, but for just 2 of us it sounds like a decent deal. I'm trying to figure out the best way for my friend and I to get to Disneyland Hotel from SNA and back.

It sounds like it can be any OC based Shuttle company, so the quality of the vans and drivers probably has some variation depending on which one you end up getting. The price sounds decent and comparable to Super Shuttle and PrimeTime for two people from SNA to DLR (and less than Karmel). Just remember that with two people you will be on a "shared shuttle" arrangement so you may have several other people in the van with you and they might get dropped off first. Using Uber or Lyft might end up being just a few dollars more and would take you straight to your hotel.

SuperShuttle gave us a 5:00 pm pickup from DLR for an 8:00 pm flight at LAX. This is on Monday is that too short?

Sounds OK to me, I presume you have a domestic flight from LAX (or treated as one, such as a flight to Canada), and that SuperShuttle knows the traffic record in regards to traffic, and if they plan to pick anyone else up after you, to get you to the terminal by 6:30 PM (the recommended 90 minutes before the flight). The drive in light traffic is about 45 minutes in transit time.

But the SS computer assigned you that pick up time based on the flight info you gave them when booked, and then they system looked at things like flight history, etc. to assign you a pick up time, and then find you a specific shuttle to match.

Sounds OK to me, I presume you have a domestic flight from LAX (or treated as one, such as a flight to Canada), and that SuperShuttle knows the traffic record in regards to traffic, and if they plan to pick anyone else up after you, to get you to the terminal by 6:30 PM (the recommended 90 minutes before the flight). The drive in light traffic is about 45 minutes in transit time.

But the SS computer assigned you that pick up time based on the flight info you gave them when booked, and then they system looked at things like flight history, etc. to assign you a pick up time, and then find you a specific shuttle to match.

Thank you. I usually use LGB so a bit nervous. We couldn't beat the Delta price of $58 with baggage included.

Would be interested in your opinions of LGB versus LAX when you get back here at DISBoards.

Since I live in Anaheim, I get to use and choose between the 5 main options,and to me, Long Beach is my favorite, followed by John Wayne,and try to avoid LAX unless there is no other good choice. But at $58 including baggage fees, I understand ;) But I am looking forward to the post trip answer... Was it worth paying less to be forced to deal with LAX???

Would be interested in your opinions of LGB versus LAX when you get back here at DISBoards.

Since I live in Anaheim, I get to use and choose between the 5 main options,and to me, Long Beach is my favorite, followed by John Wayne,and try to avoid LAX unless there is no other good choice. But at $58 including baggage fees, I understand ;) But I am looking forward to the post trip answer... Was it worth paying less to be forced to deal with LAX???

I will do that.

I avoid LAX but they moved the kids HS start back an hour this year and with finals until 12:50 Pm we couldn't make the Jet Blue flight we usually take.

I'm looking at booking Execucar thru Supershuttle....... the one way trip from SNA to our hotel is coming up the same price as round trip. Is that right?

I'm looking at booking Execucar thru Supershuttle....... the one way trip from SNA to our hotel is coming up the same price as round trip. Is that right?

No, that doesn't sound right. My guess is you are seeing the one way cost, but without seeing what app/program/website you are using or which information you input into the system, that's just a guess. You can call Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826 to clarify the cost. How does the price match up in the first post of this thread?

I hope someone could clarify this for me. Our returned flight from LAX to Vancouver, Canada leaves at 11:35am on a Friday morning. Is this considered domestic or international? Also how long should we plan on leaving the hotel before our flight? I know there's the potential to end up in LA morning rush hour traffic.

If it helps, we are planning on using either Prime Time Shuttle or Super Shuttle. Any recommendations or experiences between the two would be appreciated.

I hope someone could clarify this for me. Our returned flight from LAX to Vancouver, Canada leaves at 11:35am on a Friday morning. Is this considered domestic or international? Also how long should we plan on leaving the hotel before our flight? I know there's the potential to end up in LA morning rush hour traffic.

If it helps, we are planning on using either Prime Time Shuttle or Super Shuttle. Any recommendations or experiences between the two would be appreciated.

Domestic, since Customs for both the US and Canada are done at the Canadian airport. (US Customs decades ago made a deal with Canada, since there are a lot fewer airports in Canada, it is a lot cheaper to do it up north, and then allow those flights to land anywhere they want to in the US).

So for "processing", it is handled as a Domestic Flight at LAX.

As for shuttles, it realy depends more on the driver, and this is luck of the draw.

I have been using Go Sedan, Prime Time Shuttle's private (not shared) services. $10 0ff offer at the link below.

https://www.gosedan.com/

No, that doesn't sound right. My guess is you are seeing the one way cost, but without seeing what app/program/website you are using or which information you input into the system, that's just a guess. You can call Super Shuttle at 1-800-258-3826 to clarify the cost. How does the price match up in the first post of this thread?

It was the one way cost. But it matches - $56 for the car one way from SNA to the Del Sol.

Hello, we will be flying into SNA. We plan to rent a car for a couple days to sightsee around the coast. Then we are heading to DLR for the remainder of our trip. Where is the best place to return the rental car? Will we need to go back to the airport, or is there something closer to the DLR?
Thanks!

Tough call, you have a lot of factors, and they are based on the Rental Car Company.

All major Rental Car Companies have a office near Disneyland. So you have two main options.

First, will your rental car company charge a drop off fee? Some do charge if you don't return to the same location you pick it up at.

How much will your Hotel in the DLR area charge for Parking?

How much will you need to pay for a trip to the Airport at the end of your trip?

Do you need to use Car/Booster seats (Children under 8)?

Many Rental Rates have cheaper rental (per day) for a long term rental.

Would you even do some errands, like shopping while staying at your Hotel? If the prices are about equal, I like the fact I have a car to go a grocery store, visit nearby places like Knott's berry Farm, Dinner Theaters, etc.

And since we don't have those answers, I would get price quotes both ways, and then look at the overall costs (Parking, Airport Transfer, etc.) and make a decision.

Have a great trip.

Just reporting back on our LAX to DL travel choice ...........

We just returned and used Lansky car service . LAX to Grand Californian , round trip. Exceptional service , and a very quick direct ride to our resort.
Our flight from the east coast was approx 1 hour early (due to a little change in the prevailing winds) , and I was nervous we would have a little wait for the ride. As we came down the escalator to baggage claim, our driver (Richard if I remember) was already waiting with our name on a sign (Lansky's keeps track of flight arrival times) . He gathered all our luggage up, and loaded into the car and we were off . He was a very responsible driver, but also knew how to get around in LA traffic , and we arrived at VCG in about 45 minutes on a Saturday evening about 5pm. Bottles of water in the car for us was a nice touch. We were offered a grocery stop , but didn't need it so we declined. He unloaded our luggage for us, and told us he would see us in a week.
Check out time came, and our pick-up time was 12:15 pm , so after check out, we lounged in the GC lobby for a little bit , then wandered out to the front of the GC for pick-up 15 minutes early. As we walked out, Richard was pulling up and ready for us. Loaded us all up , and off to LAX we went.
Couldnt have asked for a better experience. I would highly recommend Lansky's . We are planning for a September trip, and will definitely be using Lansky's again.
Our round trip fare was $210. with Lansky's for 4 adults which included a grocery stop (if needed) . I checked Uber fares, and a small Uber X , was about $100 each way .For us, it was a WAY better value using Lansky's (and a much larger comfortable car) .
We used Uber several times throughout our trip with mostly good experiences, and one "weird" one. Wished we had Lansky's for all our travels in the LA area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter