Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

I updated the Disneyland Express information with the new Coach USA provider information. It appears that cost and pick up times/locations have remained exactly the same for now. I did email Disneyland to ask about any changes that might not be readily apparent. I noticed that the Disneyland website now gives a link for Coach USA instead of Grayline, but the link ends with a 404 Page Not Found error, so I'm hoping for some more definitive information.

Updated Limousine/Town Car section and included Lansky Car Service which seems to be such a frequent favorite I may try them out for my June vist.

Thanks for all the useful information in this thread. I've had various quotes for my 1st trip to Disneyland, thinking I will try Lansky.
Although not the cheapest, they sound the most reliable which is what I am worried about after an 11 hour flight!
I have a question, I would like to make a grocery stop on the way from LAX to VGC, can anyone suggest where that stop would be? Just for snacks, beer etc?
Many thanks , Julie

I'm having some trouble figuring out price for the SuperShuttle. We are staying at the Residence Inn at the Convention Center over Mother's Day weekend to run the Tinkerbell races. Our hotel website references using SuperShuttle ride service and quotes it at $18 per person (roughly in line with what I read here). But, when I go to the SuperShuttle website to calculate the rate and plug in all our info, I get a round trip total quote of $104 for 2 of us which comes out to $26 per person per way. I'm selecting the shared ride van service, so I'm assuming that's the one that should just be $18 pp. Is it more expensive to book in advance or am I doing something wrong? I'm not planning to book today, but was just pricing out some different options.

If you're pricing it from LAX the hotel address is probably outside whatever zone they've designated for the lower rate. If it's point-to-point or another airport, the rates are different.

I'm having some trouble figuring out price for the SuperShuttle.

I think SMD has the answer figured out. The prices in Post 1 are based on the trip from the designated airport to the Disneyland Hotel. Residence Inn doesn't seem like it's that much further, but maybe it's just slightly outside of that zone. You might try a) plugging in Disneyland Hotel to see if that gives you a different price, b) if it does, call Super Shuttle to ask about the higher price, or c) check out a different shuttle company.

Thanks for the updated info. We have used a limo service several times from LAX to GC and but this time around we were thinking about using the Disneyland Express bus. I would rather use the limo, easy pick up and direct to the resort, but it is not in the budget this year.

any recent experiences with Super Shuttle or Karmel from LAX to a DL resort hotel? looking for clean, quick and safe :-)

Thanks for all the useful information in this thread. I've had various quotes for my 1st trip to Disneyland, thinking I will try Lansky.
Although not the cheapest, they sound the most reliable which is what I am worried about after an 11 hour flight!
I have a question, I would like to make a grocery stop on the way from LAX to VGC, can anyone suggest where that stop would be? Just for snacks, beer etc?
Many thanks , Julie

We just used Lansky and they stopped at a Target about ten minutes from Disneyland.

Our driver that night was a Grumpy Gus, but the one on the way back was an unbelievable rock star and got us safely to LAX in the midst of Friday's "bombogenesis" storm. I would recommend them for sure!

We are visiting DL in early June and my parents have decided to join us for part of the trip. We will all fly in together and are renting a car (We plan to spend a day at Huntington Garden & Library), but when my parents leave a few days early they need transportation to Ontario Airport (ONT was about $100 cheaper that any of the other airports for that day/time!) I read through the 1st page info (Kudos for putting that together - that is a LOT of work!) and ONT is not specifically listed for most options. We will be staying at the Candy Cane Inn, so I am just looking for transportation for 2 from there to ONT. Probably only 1 suitcase. I'm having trouble imagining my 70+ parents using Uber - they are very active & travel a lot, but that's a little to ~modern tech~ for them! Is a shuttle like SuperShuttle or a taxi a better option? Any input appreciated :)

We just used Lansky and they stopped at a Target about ten minutes from Disneyland.

Our driver that night was a Grumpy Gus, but the one on the way back was an unbelievable rock star and got us safely to LAX in the midst of Friday's "bombogenesis" storm. I would recommend them for sure!
Thank you, did you just ask for a grocery stop, no need to specify where?

Thank you, did you just ask for a grocery stop, no need to specify where?
There is actually a place on the booking form that you can use to check Yes for grocery stop. The driver had planned Target, which was fine with us.

Is a shuttle like SuperShuttle or a taxi a better option?

Because of the potential for traffic driving up the price of a taxi, I would choose a shuttle option for myself. You might also consider something like ExecuCar for a slightly nicer car for your parents. And don't completely discount Uber just because of the age of your parents! My parents are in their 70's and would feel very comfortable using an app to call for Uber or Lyft.

Double check to make sure they are not adding on a tip automatically.

That brings up a general question on tips for a shuttle or transportation service. Is it safe to assume that if it doesn't call out the tip as included, you should provide a tip. What would the normal tip % be for that type of transportation?

We used the Disneyland Express bus from LAX to the Grand Californian and I must say that it was a pleasant experience. We did have to wait outside at LAX for about 40 minutes.. the bus has a set schedule.. better to be early than to have just missed it and have to wait longer. There were a total of 3 families on the bus.. 7 people total.. We did give the driver a small tip.

I am doing a solo trip to DLR in October and won't be renting a car. Our last trip, we flew into SNA and took a shuttle we reserved ahead and paid I think $22 per person round trip. I booked my flight to the Long Beach Airport, thinking there isn't much difference in distance to the parks as from SNA.
Unfortunately I assumed a shuttle price from LGB would be about the same...not! I think Super Shuttle was $33 one way and PrimeTime was $46 one way.
What's the reason for the big difference? or am I looking at this wrong somehow.
Thanks!

I've always thought the increased cost from Long Beach odd as well! But it's been like that for years. Definitely since I started putting this thread together. I'll be flying into Long Beach for the first time this next October now that Southwest has started flying there from Sacramento. We will probably take either a taxi for a flat rate of $45 or take UberBlack.

Thanks, Stephanie. I will probably go with the Super Shuttle because I've been uncomfortable riding in a cab by myself a few times. I'm going to call them because I don't want to do it if I have to sit there a long time waiting for more customers to arrive and get to the shuttle.
I won't be doing LGB again for a carless Disney trip. We have flown into LGB before, but we rented a car, which is super convenient (unless they have moved them) and I loved how easy it is to navigate the small airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!