Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by 3TinksAndAnEeyore, Oct 27, 2009.

1. cyndiella

cyndiella Here we go!!!

Super great information! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!!

3TinksAndAnEeyore likes this.
  2. 3TinksAndAnEeyore

3TinksAndAnEeyore DIS Veteran

I’m so glad it was helpful!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. nancy155

nancy155 DIS Veteran

for some reason the link to Disneyland express is not working. Is there a different link? Thanks!

5. 3TinksAndAnEeyore

Thank you for letting me know! I’ve updated the website link to the Disneyland Resort Express in the first post. The new link is: https://dre.coachusa.com/.

nancy155 likes this.
  6. AdamsMum

AdamsMum Mouseketeer

So does the Disneyland Express only serve the Disney Resorts? Or does it also serve resorts in the area?

7. 3TinksAndAnEeyore

The only airports it operates from are LAX and John Wayne (Orange County). It will drop off at other hotels than the Disneyland Resort Hotels. On the Disneyland Resoet Express website, there is a drop down menu with the possible drop off locations from which to choose. Don’t forget that there is a cost to take this option. It’s not the same as WDW’s Magical Express. Disneyland contracts with Coach USA to provide the service for a fee.

AdamsMum likes this.
  8. AdamsMum

AdamsMum Mouseketeer

Yeah, I'm aware there is a cost. Just trying to find a trustworthy transportation option as a woman travelling alone.

3TinksAndAnEeyore likes this.
  9. nancy155

nancy155 DIS Veteran

I will be staying at a nearby hotel and flying into John Wayne with my 10 year old grandson. I plan to use either Lyft or Uber. I have used both many times as a solo and have not had any issues. This way it is directly to our hotel and not having to stop for other hotels and is the same price as a shuttle or Disneyland Resort Express. Just my own opinion.

10. allgrownup

allgrownup Mouseketeer

DRE prices need to be updated, as of February of this year, only a child under the age of 2 rides free.

upload_2018-4-23_10-43-15.png

AdamsMum likes this.
  11. 3TinksAndAnEeyore

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll try to update when I have some free time next week.

allgrownup likes this.
  12. PoohBearFriends

PoohBearFriends DIS Veteran

- I again found much cheaper flight price into LAX but now have to deal with the dreaded transportation.
    Last time my friend (who flies in from Michigan and we come in form Washington) and my family tried to book Supershuttle together (even coordinated our arrivals) but instead they didn't respect that at all and sent her on another van. We waited 30 more minutes, 3 more terminals at LAX and then headed to 2 apartments and 3 hotels and 2 hours later we made it to our hotel. Such a bad experience.
    I am looking for options that aren't too expensive for 3 of us.

We arrive at 6:30 pm so I am afraid by the time we get our luggage we would miss the 7:00 DRE and have to wait until 8:00pm. When I am on my way to DLR I am not in a low key hang around and wait mood.

Supershuttle private van is only about $30 more - I am a little gun shy but anyone with good or bad experience with them.

Other shuttles?

I would like to keep it fairly close since Supershuttle is only $49 (just painful).

Thanks for any advice?

We fly back out of LGB since Jet Blue was the cheapest so I probably won't be booking round trip.

13. HydroGuy

HydroGuy DIS Veteran

Just checking if you read the OP that discusses options?

Personally, I would never do SuperShuttle. One of the worst choice unless you have plenty of time and just do not car. Plus it is more expensive for a group.

If you do not need car seats, then Uber costs about $50. A taxi is similar. We had 3-year-old last week and book a limo pickup from Lansky for a party of 6 with car seat provided. They were great.

14. sleepydog25

sleepydog25 Been here awhile

Execucar is a good, if above average cost, option. We had them meet us at baggage claim, so he loaded up the luggage and took it and us to the waiting Lincoln MKC, and we were off straight to VGC. The cost would have been cheaper had we opted not to have the driver meet us at baggage claim which is likely what we'll do next time. The company keeps in touch with you and staff their phones well, at least it appeared to us. We called late on the night before we were to leave to change our pick up time at the hotel and immediately got a dispatcher who made the change with no problems. Driving to and from the hotel was easy, and we were able to relax and enjoy our vacation.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    PoohBearFriends likes this.
  15. FoxC63

FoxC63 DIS Veteran

16. chickapin parterre

chickapin parterre DIS Veteran

....and with TSA being eliminated from small portraits....some of those smaller ones may be on the list...right now it just talk....but I love SNA....because of the bored TSA.