Airport Transfer

Star3

Mouseketeer
Now that Magical Express is goes does anyone have any airport transfer recommendations? Thanks :)

Download Lyft and Uber and when you are ready to leave the airport just pick whichever is cheapest/quickest depending on your priority. I have never waited more than 5 mins.

Now that Magical Express is goes does anyone have any airport transfer recommendations? Thanks :)
It's going to depend a bit on your circumstances:
How many people?
How much luggage?
How quick do you want to get to the other end?
Budget limitations?

The two replacements for ME are priced per person and have no real luggage limits, but they might not leave for some time and can be multi-stop before your destination.

Lyft/Uber is pretty much per car pricing, but if you have several people with much luggage you may need to pre-book a bigger vehicle. (I'm sure someone did this recently but can't find the thread offhand.) And they should be quick - both for pickup as @Jangles said and because they'll go direct to your destination.

If you get the Lyft and Uber apps there is a facility to get estimated prices for journeys which is useful for planning, though the price on the day might be a bit different of course.

We've used a company called Oscursions a few times now with no issues.

A friend recently used the sunshine flyer and had no issues - in fact they were the only ones on their shuttle back to MCO!

Mears is the company that used to do the buses for Disney. They now do the airport transfers under their own name.

We did Mears taxi in May. There were 5 of us and 9 cases. Meant we could prearrange the time etc so didn't have to worry about trying to sort once we got there.

No recommendations as yet because I haven't done it! But just a couple of thoughts.

I've booked Sunshine Flyer for next time, as I've heard very positive reviews about it. Mears Connect aka Magical Express is well-tried and I haven't personally had any bad experiences with them but just wanted to see what someone else could do. Their bus bays are also at the right end of Terminal B so you don't need a long walk to Mears down that hallway with the noisy floor tiles!

I'm a bit wary of Lyft and Uber directly from the airport, or other services that require you to use an app or something to notify them you're there or to get a pickup time, just in case something doesn't work with my phone. I was in the USA in June this year and for some reason I couldn't get any data roaming. I've switched provider since the last time I went and something was obviously not set up right - since coming back home it looks like it might have been the APN that was set wrongly. It's not something I want to deal with at the airport. The airport has wifi but not sure if that extends to outside where you need to wait for rideshare. And at LAX especially, mobile reception is terrible outside the terminal.

This time around I've booked the private SUV option with our Virgin booking for next month. On past visits we've always had the Magical Express included (along with the dining plan, but we won't mention that will we.. oh I just did) and yeah it was always convenient, we knew where to go, and it was always great if you actually boarded the Magical Express with cartoons on TV rather than just a Mears coach. My only gripe was the time it could take visiting various drop-off points en route, but it was included and no hassle. So for me, the private SUV option was worth the few ££ extra this time for the time saved. We're all tired out after the flight and trudging through immigration/security, so getting to our resort as quick as possible was something worth spending a few quid extra on. A comfortable and quick return journey to MCO after a few hours at MK on our final day will also be a bonus...

If you get the Lyft and Uber apps there is a facility to get estimated prices for journeys which is useful for planning
I was trying to do this yesterday, but I couldn't find the facility in either app.
So I logged into the Lyft website in a browser and was then able to get an estimate.
Haven't tried Uber yet as their prices are similar and it's only an estimate.

I used the Sunshine Flyer in early September, great service for the price just check your spam filter (or chase them on email) for the emails for pickup times.

I used Mears Connect in August, $32pp return. Had to wait about 10 mins for bus to arrive and it did do 1 drop off on way to our resort. Pick up was on time and no issues.
They gave us a free poncho each which was useful later in holiday.

I used Mears Connect in May, great on the way out but a shambles on return. Were over an hour late collecting us from the Poly.

Will be Uber / Lyfting next time - think the premium is well worth avoiding the hassle!

Does anyone have any experience with Quicksilver Tours from MCO to Disney? They are a bit more expensive but I’ve read good reviews.

I'm at Pop Century now and used Lyft from MCO Terminal C. Both the free airport wi-fi and my network signal were a bit flaky at the kerbside at the pickup location, but the app worked despite a couple of signal dropouts.

For a standard ride at about 7:45 on a Wednesday evening (seemed fairly busy) it cost me $36.70 plus tip. It was about 7 mins from 'call' to pickup and the trip was 24 mins.
So I was at the resort about 1 hour after landing (but that was from Dublin, so no immigration queue). Baggage took a while to arrive, but handily the carousel was literally 30 ft or so from the doors out to the rideshare pickup kerb.

I'm at Pop Century now and used Lyft from MCO Terminal C. Both the free airport wi-fi and my network signal were a bit flaky at the kerbside at the pickup location, but the app worked despite a couple of signal dropouts.

For a standard ride at about 7:45 on a Wednesday evening (seemed fairly busy) it cost me $36.70 plus tip. It was about 7 mins from 'call' to pickup and the trip was 24 mins.
So I was at the resort about 1 hour after landing (but that was from Dublin, so no immigration queue). Baggage took a while to arrive, but handily the carousel was literally 30 ft or so from the doors out to the rideshare pickup kerb.

Ah, Terminal C, no more slumming it in the old building for you!

Hope you have a great holiday.

Thanks for the update. I think I’ll try the Lyft app too. Hope you have an amazing time. 😀

Hope you have a great holiday.
I'm trying, but Genie+ and PP are crimping things a bit.
G+ had actually failed at 7am this morning. It was strange - the app was acting as though I hadn't bought G+, so I went and checked with reception about that and they said it was completely down for all parks.
Lots of people working hard at their phones to no avail. Fortunately it was a MK day for me with no must-do rides, so I wasn't too bothered, but for getting things like GotG, Avatar, etc, it must have been infuriating. It was still down about 7:30, but back by the time I went into MK at about 8. Hope it's a rarity.

I'm trying, but Genie+ and PP are crimping things a bit.
G+ had actually failed at 7am this morning. It was strange - the app was acting as though I hadn't bought G+

You've just jogged my memory. We had G+ for our family of four and twice it did this BUT only for my eldest son, the rest of us could make the ride reservation.

Hotel reception couldn't help us out with the issue so we had to go to guest services in a park. A pain in the backside but to be fair, they were really good in sorting the problem.

Apart from that I thought the system worked well.

Hope the rest of the holiday is going well.

What's your fave part so far? Is it how you remembered it from the last time you were there? Bought a $6.50 coke in Galaxy's Edge yet? Hehe, our trip in August was soooooo ridiculously expensive, I'm still trying not to think about it 3 months later :-)

Apart from that I thought the system worked well.
It works I guess, but I find it incredibly frustrating at times. It's not very intuitive. I used to design HMIs and I'd be ashamed to have my name on the sign-off for this. (Too much OT to say more here.)
As someone with time to spare (especially since getting LLs is so hard) I have found the basic Genie quite useful in suggesting things to do.

What's your fave part so far? Is it how you remembered it from the last time you were there? Bought a $6.50 coke in Galaxy's Edge yet?
Probably the weather :cool1: . 25-30°C is my sweet spot these days.
Surprisingly little has changed really. I think RotR and GotG are the only new to me rides (I did Smuggler's Run in CA).
But yes, prices are insane (though I only drink Coke at the resort in my refillable mug :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter