Airport transportation

Dave Dizney

<font color=blue>Super-Duper organized Ultimate Di
OK -- here's a WDW person trying to apply Orlando principals to Los Angeles (I know, it doesn't always work), but I'm trying to find the least expensive for the 5 of us to get from LAX to Disneyland.

In Orlando, I'd call a Towncar service and all of us could ride for $80 round trip, I'd be taken care of. We don't plan to leave our hotel and can walk to the parks. Is there anything comparable to Disneyland? So far, the best I've found is the bus that can take us each for $28, or $140 total round trip.

What does anyone know about Transportation like this?

I would hate to have to spend $140 to ride a bus! In December we used Goldenwest Express (www.goldenwestexpress.com). For six of us it was $75 each way, they picked us up in a minivan and did a free grocery stop. I tipped the guy so it ended up being more than $150 but they were great. They gave me a fast email quote and I would use them again in a minute. All in all the experience of flying into LAX was fine. Normally we fly into Orange County but we saved so much money that trip doing LAX it was worth it. We arrived around 8:00 p.m. and left around 2:00 p.m. and had no traffic, piece of cake. Hopefully this will be your case!

Amy

P.S. Just watched your show and actually got the vcr set right this time so I now have the whole thing! When are you going to Disneyland?

Amy&Dan said:
I would hate to have to spend $140 to ride a bus! In December we used Goldenwest Express (www.goldenwestexpress.com). For six of us it was $75 each way, they picked us up in a minivan and did a free grocery stop. I tipped the guy so it ended up being more than $150 but they were great. They gave me a fast email quote and I would use them again in a minute. All in all the experience of flying into LAX was fine. Normally we fly into Orange County but we saved so much money that trip doing LAX it was worth it. We arrived around 8:00 p.m. and left around 2:00 p.m. and had no traffic, piece of cake. Hopefully this will be your case!

Amy

P.S. Just watched your show and actually got the vcr set right this time so I now have the whole thing! When are you going to Disneyland?

Just so ya know Amy, you put the bracket within the url, so whenever someone clicks on it, it comes up as page not found, unless they remove the right bracket.

Here it is without it.

Golden West Express

Jules

I read something about transport for $10 per person one-way... but maybe that was from John Wayne Airport... (supershuttle or something like that).... I need to find it again because if I go, that's probably the route I'd go.

vascubaguy said:
I read something about transport for $10 per person one-way... but maybe that was from John Wayne Airport... (supershuttle or something like that).... I need to find it again because if I go, that's probably the route I'd go.

That sounds about right for Supershuttle from John Wayne. I want to say that for four of us it was $36 each way using Supershuttle from John Wayne. I am pretty sure the price would be higher from LAX since it so much further. A cab from John Wayne has generally cost us only $10-15 more than Supershuttle so we now do that. But for two people Supershuttle would be cheaper.

SuperShuttle at LAX is 15 a person and MUCH better for the 2 dollars difference between the Airport Bus and SuperShuttle..

Airport Bus only "works" schedule wise if you are within 5-10 of the scheduled pickup and thats only if they are on time (last time I used them I was at the stop at 2:56 for the 3 bus that never arrived (apparently it left at 2:45) and the 4:00 bus showed up at 4:30...)

-em

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter