AK before official opening

jason417

Mouseketeer
We are early risers and wanting to have a relaxing morning at AK (not concerned with doing FoP this day). The park opens at 9am. What time should we expect to be able to enter the park? Are there photopass photographers in Oasis and Discovery Island at that time before official opening? Are shops like Island Mercantile open?

Oh I was under the impression that they let people into the park earlier but only up to a certain point. I’ve never been to WDW, only DL, and am used to being able to enter a little earlier than official opening time to shop Main Street.

per easywdw.com:

Rope Drop:
Animal Kingdom usually begins letting guests inside the park 30-45 minutes prior to open and holds guests in three places inside the park. Those headed to Asia or DinoLand wait at the Tree of Life. Those waiting for Pandora are held just outside the land along the bridge leading into it. Those heading to Africa are held in the Pizzafari/Starbucks area. Guests are typically walked into Pandora 20-30 minutes before official open with guests headed elsewhere held until closer to official park open.

The main rope drop priority is Avatar Flight of Passage, where it’s essential to arrive at least an hour before open and hurry as fast as possible to the holding area. For Flight of Passage, stay to the right. The walk can be a congested experience. The walk to Na’vi River Journey on the left is much less stressful. Very few people will be heading anywhere other than Pandora first thing.

Oh I was under the impression that they let people into the park earlier but only up to a certain point. I’ve never been to WDW, only DL, and am used to being able to enter a little earlier than official opening time to shop Main Street.

This is correct for every wdw park. You'll enter in up until a certain point. From my experience usually only MK has shops open prior to park opening

We showed up to a 9 am opening at close to 9:10 and there were already tons of people in line at pandora and in the park in general. I’m sure they let people in before 9 and I’m betting they let people get in line for fop before 9 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter