AK Blowout!

Paulines

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

DD (adult) and I arrive at the YC on 9/8 and have our first evening dining at Jiko. I’ve then reserved Tiffins, for lunch, and Boma for supper on 9/11. We very much enjoy Indian food, haven’t experienced African, but we are adventurous diners. Is this too much of a good thing? Are the venues varied enough in taste as not to be repetitive? Your thoughts?

Agree with the others, that these restaurants are most definitely different and not repetitive. The only 2 that i find close are Boma and Tusker House, otherwise there is ton of variation to the AK/AKL restaurants.

A couple of trips ago I had Sanaa, Tusker House, Yak n Yeti and Boma in rapid succession. It was all good. It's not even like the whole menu at each place is homogeneous, you can eat whatever you feel like on any given day... I mean, there are a variety of flavors even within each restaurant. I could eat that kind of food all week and not get sick of it (and sometimes I do!)

Thank you for the replies!

We’ve decided to do Jiko for supper, and Sanaa for lunch (maybe just the bread service and a cocktail, we’ll see). Saving Tiffins & Boma for the next trip. I do wish though that Boma served lunch!!!

I enjoy each of those restaurants for different reasons, I think your choices are great.

The only wrinkle I’d add is perhaps you’d like to consider having dinner your first evening near the YC. It would give you a chance to explore the resort and Boardwalk. There are many great places right outside your door: Flying Fish, Cape May Seafood Buffet, Kimonos, etc.

Great suggestion Crabbygal! Shuffled ressies around and doing Monsieur Paul on 1st night. Plan is to arrive at YC probably by 1:00 pm (plane lands at 11:00 am), have a light bite and then hopefully snooze for a couple hours. We’ll be able to see a bit of EPCOT before our 7:45 res. @ MP.

Lisa, lol, I can also eat Indian/Asian/ethnic food endlessly, just don’t want to bore DD with the same ole.

They both are very good and different. Hope you enjoy them!
Jiko is one of our favorite Resort restaurants and Tiffins one of our favorite park restaurants.
If you decide to stay around Boardwalk, Flying Fish or Il Mulino at the Swan is really good.

Great suggestion Crabbygal! Shuffled ressies around and doing Monsieur Paul on 1st night. Plan is to arrive at YC probably by 1:00 pm (plane lands at 11:00 am), have a light bite and then hopefully snooze for a couple hours. We’ll be able to see a bit of EPCOT before our 7:45 res. @ MP.

Lisa, lol, I can also eat Indian/Asian/ethnic food endlessly, just don’t want to bore DD with the same ole.
Friends of mine recently ate at MP and loved it! Great choice!

totally OT but if you google two sleevers, she is an indian lady who eats mostly keto but has come up with shortcuts to make tons of indian/asian/other ethnic dishes in her instant pot (and you could certainly serve it with rice/bread). She is amazing with flavors and technique. I cook from her stuff at home a LOT.

We have plans to visit Boma, Sanaa, Jiko, and Tiffins next trip. We love the flavors (though we've never been to Tiffins before).

Good to hear about MP, Crabbygal & Gharter! Any menu recommendations?

This is how pitiful I am - worried about the crowds at Epcot Saturday night, sooo I switched to Yachtsman Saturday night and MP during the week...sigh

Thank you for the recommendation Lisa, appreciated! I’ll check it out! There use to be a wonderful Asian store in western MA where I ordered things like lily buds and black vinegar for my hot and sour soup, but they closed. And you won’t believe what I went through to find paneer, lol In today’s day and age you think finding ethnic foodstuffs would be easier!

Good to hear about MP, Crabbygal & Gharter! Any menu recommendations?

This is how pitiful I am - worried about the crowds at Epcot Saturday night, sooo I switched to Yachtsman Saturday night and MP during the week...sigh

I just talked to my friends, and they didn’t have any specific menu recommendations other than they enjoyed everything they tasted. They got the impression that the menu is seasonal and dynamic, that the dishes are very custom to the moment and the diner’s tastes. These are folks who travel a good bit and are used to fine dining, they were very impressed with MP.

And you are not pitiful, you are smart for avoiding Epcot Saturday night crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter