AK FP and Tusker help

travellingphilly

Earning My Ears
When i booked FP, I was so focused on getting earliest possible FP for Safari, that i didn't pay attention to lay out of park. We've never been there before. I think i made a mistake....

9:50 Safari
11:20 Na'vi River
12:40 Meet Pals at Outpost (cause my kids won't be able to do other rides and i was thinking of cancelling Tusker house, but now I want to eat there)

Already had 11:40 ADR Tusker house scheduled. I can change ADR to 10!5 or 11, but i don't think that helps at all. And I keep checking, but the only other Safari time available is 10:20 in morning. Trying to keep afternoon free in case we need to leave early.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!!

I'd plan to get to Safari at 9:45, change your TH reservation to 11 (if Safari ends early you can walk the Gorilla Falls trail to kill time, but you'll have a buffer if it is delayed for some reason), plan to go to the Outpost for FP after you finish at TH, and move your Na'vi River to after the Outpost FP. If you can move up the Outpost FP do that, then try for an earlier time slot for Na'vi to keep your afternoon still free.

ETA: I think something like this would work well for you -

Safari 9:50-10:50
Outpost 11:40-12:40 (you would have until 12:55 to use this)
Na'vi River 12:40-1:40

As long as you don't mind the strolling, it shouldn't be a problem. Each fastpass is an hour plus apart. If you get to Safari right at 9:50, you should be done by 10:30, which gives you almost an hour until Na'vi River Journey. There is a hidden/not so hidden bridge path that goes from behind the Harambe Theatre (Fest of the Lion King) to Pandora. The walk takes about five minutes and is really nice. I haven't been on River Journey so I cannot attest to how long it will take, but you'll definately be able to get out of Pandora, to Discovery Island, past the three and to the outpost by 12:40.
As for your ADR, if you change it to 11, you have until 12:20 to catch your fastpass. Tusker house is fairly close to Safari, so as long as your family are semi-quick eaters, that won't be a problem. If you're adamant about getting to see each character, or have little kids, I would do 10:15 ADR or see if you can get a closer to 12pm, that way you have an hour and forty minutes to catch your Outpost fastpass. ADR's regularly pop in and out, so even though it is not showing now, doesn't mean you're not going to get one. Just keep checking.

I'd plan to get to Safari at 9:45, change your TH reservation to 11 (if Safari ends early you can walk the Gorilla Falls trail to kill time, but you'll have a buffer if it is delayed for some reason), plan to go to the Outpost for FP after you finish at TH, and move your Na'vi River to after the Outpost FP. If you can move up the Outpost FP do that, then try for an earlier time slot for Na'vi to keep your afternoon still free.

ETA: I think something like this would work well for you -

Safari 9:50-10:50
Outpost 11:40-12:40 (you would have until 12:55 to use this)
Na'vi River 12:40-1:40

Thanks for suggestions! I'll check the Outpost times available. I wonder if Outpost is too redundant if we are going to meet the characters at lunch. Just wish Minnie was at TH! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!