AK morning question

mernin

DIS Veteran
On our AK day (Wed April 11) the park is planned to open at 9 am. We have FP for FOP at 9:10-10:10 but we’d like to do Na’Vi River before FOP. If we are there for rope drop, how low does the standby line for Na’Vi get? How long is it to ride FOP with a FP in the morning (approx from getting in line to getting off ride)?

We also have TH reservation at 10:35 so need to be of FOP in enough time to get over there for that.

This is our first trip since Pandora opened so not sure how to plan these...

On our AK day (Wed April 11) the park is planned to open at 9 am. We have FP for FOP at 9:10-10:10 but we’d like to do Na’Vi River before FOP. If we are there for rope drop, how low does the standby line for Na’Vi get? How long is it to ride FOP with a FP in the morning (approx from getting in line to getting off ride)?

We also have TH reservation at 10:35 so need to be of FOP in enough time to get over there for that.

This is our first trip since Pandora opened so not sure how to plan these...
You will be able to get to your reservation with no problem. The key to this plan will be to arrive at AK before 8am.
On a scheduled 9am opening you will get inside the park at about 8:15. They will hold everyone back at the bridge to Pandora until about 8:30, then they will open the rides and you can get on Navi River Journey and be off in time for your 9:10 fast pass on FOP. You will be finished with FoP in plenty of time to arrive at Tusker House on time. Enjoy! Do watch for the scheduled AK opening time to possibly change between now and April 11 and adjust your arrival accordingly.

We arrived about 8:40 on a 9am opening day (earlier this month) and were still able to ride Navi twice in a row with no wait. Same deal, we had 9:30 FOP FPs.

You don't have to get there super early for Navi River Journey. For 9am opening I'd aim to be at the park entrance by 8:15/8:30. Majority of the crowd will beeline for FoP. You should easily be able to get on NRJ with a 0-15 min wait.

After that you can hop in line for FoP. I'd estimate about 30 min from when you enter the FP line until you're off the ride.

I wouldn’t get there as early as 8:15 that’s super early. We arrived a little after 9 for a 9 am park opening and walked right onto Navi.

We have the exact same plan (up to the timing of FP and ADR! ;)) in May! I’d be curious to hear how your morning/timing went! Thank u!

We have the exact same plan (up to the timing of FP and ADR! ;)) in May! I’d be curious to hear how your morning/timing went! Thank u!
I’ll try to remember to let you know when we are back (no promises though as I’ll likely forget:confused3). Tag me after mid April in this thread and I’ll share our timing.

So we did this on our AK day (04/11). We arrived around 8:20-8:30 ish and were in the crowd to get into Pandora. They let us through around 8:30-8:40 ish and we headed to NRJ before our 9:10 fp for FOP. There were maybe up to 20 people in front of us going to NRJ - most of the crowd went to FOP. The ride was closed and didn’t open before 9:10 when we joined the FOP line. We had an emergency bathroom delay in FOP too, so could have tried NRJ after if that didn’t occur but we had to get over to TH. It would have worked fine for timing had it been open. We didn’t get to ride it this trip as the wait was longer than we would wait the rest of the day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!