AK Safari time?

mamarrone

Earning My Ears
Anyone know about how long the AK safari ride is? If we enter with a fp at 5:30pm will we likely be off the ride by 6:00pm? Thanks!!

I think 30 minutes might be cutting it close. You could have a small wait getting on the safari (we did on our last trip because of a long FP line). Our truck had to stop for awhile because giraffes were on the road. It was cool! BUT if I were in a hurry, I would have just been annoyed.

It completely depends. We've had rides that lasted about 20-25 minutes (I think there's actually a timer up front with the driver, you can see it if you're in the front row). We've also had ones that lasted over 40 minutes...one time we literally sat in one spot for a solid 15 minutes because the spring bok were springing all over the savannah and we couldn't move...but it was AWESOME.

Anyone know about how long the AK safari ride is? If we enter with a fp at 5:30pm will we likely be off the ride by 6:00pm? Thanks!!
Is this for an ADR or something? I think 30 minutes is a good time frame to set out for the safari. That said if you have to be somewhere at 6PM sharp you likely would be late. Even with a FP there can be a little bit of a wait with the safari at times. During the ride you could get stopped by an animal in the road which would slow things down. Most Disney restaurants are pretty accommodating though if you explain your situation if you were to be late if that it what you are worried about.

I'd say 20 minutes. Where is your ADR? I believe there is a slight grace period, so if you got there 5-10 after 6, you may be fine.

Some of it depends on the FP line. We have just about walked on, we have waited 10 minutes in the FP line, and at least once we waited 20 minutes in the FP line. Assuming that you enter the FP line and have a 10 minute wait and then a 20 minute ride, which is pretty standard, you probably will exit the ride right around 6:00 p.m. That said, a giraffe or ostrich blocking the road, and you could be looking at another 10 minutes or longer. We have had both of those in the path causing us to have to stop until they cleared before- even if you are not on the blocked vehicle- it can impact as it can affect the vehicles behind you and the vehicles loading. More often than not, we are done about 30 minutes after we enter the line, but it is not for certain.

That would be cutting it too close for me. Like others have mentioned, the wait even with FP can take close to 20 minutes (this has been my experience more often than not). And the animals can slow down the ride. I wouldn't want to go on it being anxious, it's so relaxing and lovely, I thoroughly enjoy it.

Yep- had a few times that the animals wouldn't move. Once we were stared down by the white rhino!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter